Unhappy GoDaddy as a host? Good? Bad? Any Comments?

Hello i was just wondering what everyone thought of GoDaddy as a web host. Any good?

This search for a good safe host worries me sometimes....

Ontario, Canada
    Personally I would worry about having a site with a company whose focus has always been domains. With that said they are one of the fastest growing hosts so they must not to be to brutal. I would suggest doing a search here on WHT as I believe there are a few threads about there hosting service.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

I agree Lubby do research and I mean lots of it if you are asking about godaddy, theres thousands of threads like Lubby said here.

good luck

Don't you ever think of going with Godaddy as a host, i had a really bad experience with them a while ago.

They oversell (more than 2500 websites hosted on the same server) and blacklist certain IPs which take a lot of bandwidth from them for a few minutes , etc...

I had one site there and, after a while i knew i was spending more time opening support tickets than updating my site so i did what i should have done a while ago.... move away.

They might be the best around for domains but not for hosting

by just looking at their prices you could tell they oversell but 2500 sites per server is pretty outrageous! Hosting And Web Design For Small Businesses!
    Your Hosting Company!

N. Hollywood, CA

Okay, my client is running his site for ordinary e-Commerce site.
    First, I bought the dedicated server hosting plan and provides PLESK for controlling server. However, because of the slow multi language packages by SWsoft (the company where developed PLESK), So, I had to stop using the dedicated server, which wasn't able to support further. I signed up for Linux because I used Zen Cart (open source PHP program). Even though I signed up for Linux hosting plan, there are lots of problems, such as no usr directory, not professional support representative (they are all saying different answers for a quesiton) ...etc. needs to improved lots of things if they want to keep supporting Linux support plan.

i think that Godaddy has a great domain system, but is not so great for all the other services that it has. I would rather go with for web hosting that gives a free domain

Well i have seen a couple of complain regarding to service and support and you might want to do a research on it.

Southern NYS
    Do a search here. I don't know if you'll find even one good review (well, maybe one or two).
    Because packets were meant to be delivered.
    Premium Mzima Bandwith at Equinix - Secaucus, NJ

Do a search. It'll help to do your research. But personally, I wouldn't go with godaddy. They're really a 'domain' place, no?