View Poll Results: What do you think about our site?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's great!

0 0%
  • It's good

0 0%
  • It's OK, could use few changes

0 0%
  • It is generally ok, needs work

0 0%
  • Needs work but has potential

3 75.00%
  • Need help ASAP!

1 25.00%
  • What is it? What planet it from?

0 0%
  • Thats a web site?! Who made that thing?!

0 0%

FarComm IT to conduct external survey of it's web site

We are doing a survey on how our web site performs, how it can be improved and other aspects.

Our visit ration has sky rocketed in the past month allot of it thanks to Web Hosting Talk advertising forum, however, there has not been one new sale and we suspect either the web site has something to do with it or our wording, phrasing, etc.

In short, we want to improve, for that we feel it's best to ask potential customers and web developers, what are we lacking? Please don't say support, well, we know it's not that as we have not had any support inquires from non-customers yet, which allone seems questionable in it's own way. We are working on our current support demise, 2 new support staff are on the way being trained by my self.

Alittle bit of company background may help.
    I'm Ryan Farnham owner of Farnham Communications & Information Technologies please call it by the DBA FarComm IT and not "whowhaaa!". I was doing web hosting as a hoby about a year ago when I then decided to become a full blown business, thus here we are today with 2 soon to be 4 plus looking for 2 more for toll free support.
    We had a bad web site, I mean it stunk, I designed it, no wonder, actually I am better when I get into it, but I lacked something at being able to create my own site, other people have liked my web design in the past but I couldn't do well on my own, so thus I found a template, the current site is that template plus 100 customizations. We have gotten only great comments about it, the old site got none yet the site doesn't "sell"!

I know time is key, and patience, I have this, though I want to find out what people think could be improved and if they think it may effect peoples wanting to buy any one way or the other. Any information will be helpful and greatly appreciated!

The web site in question: http://farcomm-it.com

Thank you,
    Last edited by Odd Fact; 06-29-2005 at 11:17 PM.

Moved to the 'Web Site Reviews' forum.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

OK, I have reviewed the poll and 75% say needs work but has potential.

Phase one: Take site down and put temporary site up, take out iframe and converted pages into server side includes, redo the left menu to have text that looks better for the site, put the live support icon at the top of the left menu for easy viewing with out scrolling to find where it is at. Done...

Phase Two: Edit the actuall web pages and finally add the datacenter photos and recordnate with the web sites overall theme.
    Add server information page as well as a network information page so that people can review our server types and network infrastructure, these pages seem to have been taken off during the installation of the new web site and were not put back on, pages actually are on the server but no links to them, though they are out of date, will make them up to date as well.

Phase Three: Go through TOS and Privacy Policy to make sure the files are up to date and standards. Make a listing page for people who want to list their web sites on our web site showing they are hosted by us and to generally have their web site more published and out in the open which can be simply turned on or off through CPanel.

Phase Four Add Windows 2003 hosting plans!

We are gradually doing the work over the next 2 weeks and we thank you for your support, any one can feel free to email [email protected] with suggestions and comments, we grately appreciate it!
    Last edited by hostwolf123; 07-02-2005 at 07:30 PM.