Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I will be a cop soon

But i already have 4 ticket since last 6 months, what should i do ?

3 for speeding tickets
    1 for no sit belt

I'm taking the bus now
      0 Not allowed!

Why don't you stop breaking the law?
      0 Not allowed!

will it be cleared when im be a cop ?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by blue27
    Why don't you stop breaking the law?
    Going to have to go with blue on this one. On a more serious note I don't think you should be driving if you haven't learned your lesson. Taking the bus is a good start. What you should do is take responsibility for your actions, do your best and hope it all works out. If it doesn't well you've just been given a rough lesson from the school of life and I hope you learn from it.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?
      0 Not allowed!

No. That would be illegal and corruption, and incase you haven't figured it out, the public frowns on that.

I'm a big fan of Police officers and respect them with the upmost respect possible, I would join the force, but the pay isn't very well.
      0 Not allowed!

the last ticket i got about 1 month ago. But i think that stupid lady cop was racist. I was driving in the middle of 3 cars front and 2 car on the back. We were driving around 55 mph on HW ( limited 55mph). But that stupid cop turned signal to get in behide my car and then pulled me over. She told me that i was driving 73mph, what the hell!!!....

What do you think about this situation ? This time i gotta go to the court no matter what to fight for this ticket. Any idea?

White cop in my area dont really like colour people. Sorry if any white cop in here, i dont mention about all of you guys. Some of them are so nice and be honestly i respect them alot, but not scared
      0 Not allowed!

Chances are you will not be hired because of it. They will take the person with zero tickets over you. Just act all sorry about it, admit you are wrong, ect. Remember you are going for one of the toughest jobs to be hired for.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by AndyJ
    will it be cleared when im be a cop ?

Maybe you are just trying to have a little fun here.

If not then you should be embarrassed for even suggesting such a thing. Why would you want to disgrace the uniform before you even put it on?

If you have tickets and citations then act like a man and face up to them.
      0 Not allowed!

How "close" are you to becoming a cop exactly Andy?

I think most people who are close to becoming cops would know that their records don't get erased when they become cops.

And in my opinion, I don't think somebody who has a problem obeying the law will make that great of a great cop.

If you are ever on the show COPS, be sure to tell us
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by jasong
    How "close" are you to becoming a cop exactly Andy?

probably around the starting range, before the interview and psych. test and chief interview maybe
      0 Not allowed!

You guys must be joking..
    maybe they wont be erased.. but if he is a cop.. they will let him win this last "trial"

Also.. dont expect any more speeding tickets.. no matter how fast you are going lol..

cops dont get tickets.. its a fact!
      0 Not allowed!

A fact?

Ok, let's see the evidence of that. If it's a fact it must be well documented.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ilyash
    You guys must be joking..
    maybe they wont be erased.. but if he is a cop.. they will let him win this last "trial"

Also.. dont expect any more speeding tickets.. no matter how fast you are going lol..

Not that I don't trust you but where is this explicity written down?
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
      0 Not allowed!

Actually police to give tickets to each other, and some do not. It is not a all or nothing. Some do and some don't. I have one police officer friend that gived them out. I have one that usually lets them off unless it is a serious speed they are going.
      0 Not allowed!

A fact?

Ok, let's see the evidence of that. If it's a fact it must be well documented.
    it's true. No matter who you are.

The reason i wanna be a cop because most of my friends are cop now.

Somehow white cops just pick on me for some reason , i am sick of it, darn cops, you someday will be died soon by me . I will call Bin laden to bomb your a$$ .. just kidding
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by pixelized
    Not that I don't trust you but where is this explicity written down?
    Well, let's put it this way..
    If a cop gives another cop a ticket.. it is seen as a sign of disespect..

My neighbor is a police officer.. and his wife was "almost" given tickets many times...
    He said that the second she told the officer her husbands badge#, the cop excused himself and left..

in NY this is perfectly normal..
    police officers even have these special papers which they give out to family members .. and if you are stopped.. you give it to the cop.. and the "unwritten rule" is that he leaves you alone.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, let's put it this way..
    If a cop gives another cop a ticket.. it is seen as a sign of disespect..

My neighbor is a police officer.. and his wife was "almost" given tickets many times...
    He said that the second she told the officer her husbands badge#, the cop excused himself and left..

in NY this is perfectly normal..
    police officers even have these special papers which they give out to family members .. and if you are stopped.. you give it to the cop.. and the "unwritten rule" is that he leaves you alone.
    In this case, if they find out then that girl and that cop who did not give her ticket will both go for trial or could be jail
      0 Not allowed!

it's true. No matter who you are.

The reason i wanna be a cop because most of my friends are cop now.

Somehow white cops just pick on me for some reason , i am sick of it, darn cops, you someday will be died soon by me . I will call Bin laden to bomb your a$$ .. just kidding

Are you 10 years old or just an idiot?

Really, I'm curious.

No intelligent adult would talk like this so there can't be many more alternatives.
      0 Not allowed!

i was thinking not doing cop who catch speeding drivers or other criminals..., i just wanna apply some IT position for doing some webhosting or server things in the police station, since i love webhostingtalk so much. Is that ok for my situation ?
    Last edited by AndyJ; 06-28-2005 at 10:06 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Are you 10 years old or just an idiot?

Really, I'm curious.

No intelligent adult would talk like this so there can't be many more alternatives.
    come on man, no intelligent people would do the cop's job. They just cann't find difference job or just wanna catch people for doing something wrongs and then be proud of it.

What are you talking about ? Do you think cop is intelligent ?
    h e l l no
      0 Not allowed!

I guess that answers my question.

You are not 10 years old.
      0 Not allowed!

i was thinking not doing cop who catch speeding drivers or other criminals..., i just wanna apply some IT position for doing some webhosting or server things, since i love webhostingtalk so much. Is that ok for my situation ?
    From what I've read and observed of you I would deem you a risk in any IT environment. What's going to happen when something goes wrong. Are you going to run away or stay overnight to ensure the problem is fixed? IT isn't always smooth sailing and you have to work pretty hard on some days. It's not a fantasy job by any means. Sure you'll spend some time in a comfy office chair, but you'll also be dealing with Dell and man it's not fun they send the wrong parts a lot but the good news is they do eventually get it right.

Also, those parts don't replace themselves and sometimes you'll have to crawl on a less than clean floor and disconnect machines and all sorts of stuff you never hear about. Remember that not every IT environment is a sterile one. I've done an internship at a school and let me give you the real story. The air-conditioner can break down and you'll be crawling under a desk on a floor sweating to death because it's really hot that day. It takes dedication to do any job there is no free meal ticket.

Conclusion: It seems like you lack the discipline to be a cop or an IT professional. However I would love it if you proved me wrong and managed to achieve success in life. Those are my thoughts based on my brief observation of you.
      0 Not allowed!

you're right , bro. Notthing to argue. My dad told me that he doesn't want me to be a cop.
      0 Not allowed!

It takes a certain personality to be a police officer.
    The city police here gets hundreds of applications every year. They take a whole test of your personality, and your suitability.

They would most likely contact your neighbours and everyone that has personal contact with you.

You will also probably have an extensive background check on you. They also may deny you as unsuitable because of your previous continued tickets, I'm not sure about this though.

These requirements should apply for any job, including desk jobs.

Just look at this application for reference. 38 pages long

http://www.police.saskatoon.sk.ca/re...%20version.pdf

Application process: http://www.police.saskatoon.sk.ca/re...nformation.pdf
    Last edited by macdonaldp; 06-28-2005 at 10:26 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Do your community a favor and withdraw your application. I cannot even believe that you are asking something like this. You obviously are going into police academy with the totally wrong mentality. Police officers are supposed to be law-abiding and upstanding citizens not people who cannot obey simple speed limits.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast