Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy BurstNet Scammed me over $2000!!! Help...

I hate to do this, however, I have no choices left. I don't like to make things public but I'm ticked off already.

I purchased a colo rack from BurstNET in March 2005. Benji the sales guy was on top of everything until I signed the contract and gave them my credit card. From the beggining we I had some issues.
    1. I FedEX'd my servers to them and they couldn't instal them until a few days after they recieved them. They said the rack wasn't ready (didn't have power or something, even though I was already paying for it). I had to speak to Benji's boss Mike so he can have them setup the rack I had been paying for.
    2. I paid for a few cPanel licenses and had to wait almost a week for them to activate them. (If you use cpanel you know how upset clients get if they can't login)
    3. I asked for an emergency OS re-install and it took them about 1 WEEK to do an "emergency" OS Re-install.
    4. Reboots took almost a DAY
    5. Was billed in advance "without authorization" for two months

In March I flew up there to check out the datacenter and it was a bit messy and disorganized (boxes on the entrance floor, cabinet equipment laying around, etc.) Benji did explain that they were doing construction next door so I let it slide.

After I couple of weeks I decided to cancel with them due to the lack of professionalism. I also asked for them to refund the month in advance that they charged.

I asked Benji to ship back my servers immediately using our FedEX Ground account, since we have special FedEX ground rates. I had to call him like every other day and ask him if they shipped out and to give me the tracking numbers. He always lied and said they shipped out the day before or something. After almost two weeks he finally shipped them out. Since he took so long he shipped them Overnight. It cost me $300! instead of the $12 that FedEX ground charges us.

Now it's almost July 2005 and they still haven't refunded the extra month they charged me ($850). I also asked them to refund the $300 Fedex charge.

Benji the sales guy keeps giving me run around. He says he has submited the refund to the billing department. After several months I asked Mike to process the refund. However, It hasn't been processed. I call every few days and he gives me the exact same answer each time "I've submitted it to the billing department, I don't know why it hasn't gone through". Their data center is small, you can walk across it in less than a minute, I don't know why they can't just walk over there and ask them to process it.

These are the charges:
    March: $930
    April: $850
    FedEX: $300

I would like at least the FedEX and April charges refunded which I did not authorize. Although I was in there part of March I was not really able to use their service as a result of their problems. So it would be appropriate to refund the month of March as well.

This has been a total nightmare.

If anyone can help me with this issue please let me know. I have trouble-ticket screenshots, FedEX bills, emails, etc. to prove all of the above situations.

I'm not going to let this go until I get my money back
      0 Not allowed!

Chargeback, with all the proof that you have.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: BurstNet Scammed me over $2000!!! Help...

out of curiosity, after all that where did you end up?
      0 Not allowed!

CHARGEBACK

You are not liable for the charges for which you didnt get the services but paid for, and the charges you didn't authorize.

Simply talk with your creditcard company and file chargeback and double chargeback and if needed, file a lawsuit for wasting your time and screwing up with your business.
      0 Not allowed!

Forgot to mention that.... Yeah, I did do a chargeback, but AMAZINGLY my credit card company ruled in their favor.

I think the only other choice I have here is to send them a lawsuit. However, the fees involved in that will outway the charges.

I may try small claims court, but I don't live in scranton, PA so I would have to fly up there to do everything.

I spoke to them today and they gave me the same answer. In fact this time Mike just left me on hold and never came back. When I called him back he wouldn't answer me.

Just very unprofessional about them.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi cyberwisdom,

Since you have exhausted most avenues of getting your money, you best option would be to go to small claims.

If everything you say is true, it is an awful situation to be in.

I know how i would handle it.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by cyberwisdom
    Forgot to mention that.... Yeah, I did do a chargeback, but AMAZINGLY my credit card company ruled in their favor.

I think the only other choice I have here is to send them a lawsuit. However, the fees involved in that will outway the charges.

I may try small claims court, but I don't live in scranton, PA so I would have to fly up there to do everything.

I spoke to them today and they gave me the same answer. In fact this time Mike just left me on hold and never came back. When I called him back he wouldn't answer me.

Just very unprofessional about them.
    Just curious...which credit card company is this (if I may ask)? That way I steer clear of them too...
    PacketAce
    Because packets were meant to be delivered.
    Premium Mzima Bandwith at Equinix - Secaucus, NJ
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by cyberwisdom
    I would switch credit card companies immediately, and tell them why you're switching.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***
      0 Not allowed!

If you email me directly at [email protected], I will be more than happy to look into the matter for you.

Right off the bat though, I do have to state that the title of your thread is rather inappropriate. Without even looking into your situation, considering the fact that you already admitted placing a service order, and receiving service--your claimed figures don't add up to a "$2000 scam", or any "scam" for that matter since you admitted service was provided.

Regardless, I'll wait until I hear from you, so that I can look up your account--so I have some specifics to go on. If we owe you funds on the account, you will absolutely receive it. If you are trying to get a refund for services rendered in good faith on our part, and are not due a refund, you will not. We're honest people here, and have been in business a long time--2006 will bring our 15-year anniversary. Needless to say, you don't stay in business that long by "scamming" people. We may have occasional support or network issues (...as every large webhost does), but one thing that we are not--is dishonest.

I await your email, so that we can get to the bottom of this.
    Last edited by HostJedi; 06-29-2005 at 01:03 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

well 300 + 850 + time lost + possible business lost could be 2000 *shrug*
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!
      0 Not allowed!

<< Was billed in advance "without authorization" for two months >>

This right off the bat tells me that you did not bother to read the Service Agreement you agreed to upon placing your order.

This I find to be the number one reason for disputes that we see--clients just click on an order form, and don't even both to read what they are agreeing to--and then complain when something happens as stated clearly in the agreement that they were unaware of... :-(
      0 Not allowed!

<< In March I flew up there to check out the datacenter and it was a bit messy and disorganized (boxes on the entrance floor, cabinet equipment laying around, etc.) >>

???
    Sorry, we are a data center--we receive daily shipments of servers and hardware which are packed in boxes, and we have cabinets and associated parts being installed all of the time.
      0 Not allowed!

OK, based on your username, and other details you have posted here--I have found your account I believe. It appears that you already have a pending credit on your account for $839.80--a refund due to service not rendered due to cancellation.

However, you have NEVER been charged for S&H for returning your servers. I have searched our billing system, and merchant account interfaces, and no such claimed $300 charge exists. You have only ever had two charges: $939.78 + $839.80--the latter being credited back. I find no problems with the account whatsoever other than the fact that the credit, which has already posted to your account, has not yet been refunded to your credit card. I can only assume that could be due to the dispute over the shipping charges maybe. I will get more details on that from our staff during business hours tomorrow. If your claim checks out about the unjustified overnight charges, I will make sure you are only invoiced for standard ground charges. At that point, we can close out the account, and the remaining credit left on the account will then be refunded to your credit card promptly.
      0 Not allowed!

BurstNET,

If I'm reading the OP correctly, he gave your staff his FedEx account information, so it would be billed to that.
      0 Not allowed!

But in that case, the OP needs to provide evidence like a receipt and proof that a BurstNET representative posted that charge to his account when shipping it out.
      0 Not allowed!

he's complaining that you shipped it next day instead of ground and wasted his money
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by The Broadband Man
    he's complaining that you shipped it next day instead of ground and wasted his money
    Yes, but the poster still needs to provide some proof that a charge of that amount was posted to their FedEx account, and that it was posted by a representative at BurstNET. Sure, it's easy to make claims like that, but justification with proof needs to be provided.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm sure he can just post a SS from fedex ... all the shipping arrangements are on the website but I don't expect him to do that publicly on WHT
      0 Not allowed!

For $300 dollars, I doubt a screenshot would be enough proof. Think about it, BurstNET is a large company, with many assets. They probably don't base refunds off of lousy screen shots that can be easily altered with photoshop, and claimed to just be captured on low quality to try to pass them off. I'm talking about maybe having FedEx mail the poster a receipt, and he forwards it to BurstNET, or have FedEx fax BurstNET with some kind of proof to this. The other charges seem fine since the owner of BurstNET seems to be able to locate it on their systems but this FedEx charge is like third-party.
      0 Not allowed!

you can get the receipt off of Fedex ... fedex is also a large company that is not going to forge receipts - he just needs to log in his fedex acct and give them a printout // screen shot
      0 Not allowed!

What I'm saying is that screen shots and print outs are easy to duplicate into a fake one. And for $300.00, who knows what one would do to get a fake screen shot or print out to look authentic? I'm saying, the best bet is to go directly to the source for proof. Have them contact FedEx and arrange maybe a fax directly from FedEx to BursNET proving the claim of a $300.00 shipping charge that was appointed by a BurstNET representative and going onto the poster's account.
      0 Not allowed!

I think you've never actually seen a fedex account considering the nature of your company ...

it's 1) hard to fake 2) Just give a tracking number ...
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, I've never really used FedEx for shipping. I've always used Airborne Express and after they got aquired by DHL, I started using DHL for everything. I just figured it would be more appropriate for an offical notice from FedEx for the charges, rather then providing screen shots and print outs.

And yes, we do use shipping services to ship out servers. I was just never really impressed by FedEx's rates compared to the ones I get from DHL. I also used to ship everyday a few years ago, when I was a powerseller on eBay so DHL also gave me free pickup, which was another reason I enjoyed using their services.
      0 Not allowed!

I agree - fedex does suck - but like I said, he just needs a tracking number ... it shows the type of services used, where from and where to
      0 Not allowed!

BurstNet, could I at least get a call back from you? I've left several messages with Mike Rosario and Benjamin Arcus to try to fix this situation, and they don't return my calls. For the past few months they kept saying that the account is pending refund status.... That's the whole problem.

I'll email you my Contact Details, but if you found my account you should already have my phone number.

For the FedEX reciept, Mike Rosario already has a copy of the FedEX bill with Benjamin Arcus information on it. He has acknowledged reciept of that as well.
      0 Not allowed!

Burstnet,

I just emailed you all my contact info. I'll be waiting your call.
      0 Not allowed!

I am wondering what happened? where the CEO/Brustnet go? no replies from him here anymore:-p
      0 Not allowed!

Maybe because the CEO of BurstNET has more important things to do than visit WHT every 5 minutes ;-)

The issue is being attended to and resolved directly with the client.

Fedex is shows they took two days to deliver the shipment, which is standard ground time for Fedex from PA to IL--NOT Overnight. Possibly Fedex billed the shipment wrong, but we have no idea of knowing that, as we were not invoiced for it, and client has not provided this info to us as requested yet.
      0 Not allowed!

BurstNet,

2nd day and I'm still waiting for your call..... More false promises???
    You emailed me saying I would get a call no later than the end of the business day.

FedEX LIE:
    Were do you see two days????
    Shipped 05/30/2005
    Recieved 05/31/2005

Go to http://www.fedex.com and put the tracking number to see for yourself: 851778747522

BurstNet, Instead of trying to make me look bad admit your company made a mistake and say you're sorry and resolve the matter. I have merchant accounts as well and it takes me all of 60 seconds to process a refund to my clients, not months.

Please stop trying to make me look bad and help me get my problem resolved. Give me some real customer service
      0 Not allowed!

Do you guys see that what I have been going thru with this company?

I've given them all they want and they continue to go in circles. To top it off they try to make me look bad!!!!
      0 Not allowed!

From the FedEx tracking number:
    Service type: Priority Overnight

That clears up one thing.

- John C.
      0 Not allowed!

Getting a realtime rate quote from the FedEx website for 3 packages totaling 75 lbs. as listed on the tracking number shows a $312 charge for Priority Overnight, which backs up the original poster's claim of a $300 charge as well.

- John C.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanx John!
      0 Not allowed!

<, 2nd day and I'm still waiting for your call..... More false promises??? >>

Once again, your math is wrong--it's only been one day.
    AND, you failed to mention that I did contact you via email.

We cannot call you until we have all the facts.
    I emailed you requesting Fedex information, which until just a little bit ago--I did not yet receive. The Fedex info that I did have, did not show overnight delivery was used. At this point I do not even have information/proof yet on how you requested your equipment shipped. I'm sorry, I cannot just take your word for it, and need proof of such claims, so that I can make a fully informed decision---and take the right course of action.

<< Instead of trying to make me look bad admit your company made a mistake and say you're sorry >>

I already stated that you do have a credit due already posted on your account, and will be receiving that refund promptly. If I tell you that credit will be refunded to your card, then it WILL be refunded to your card. If anything, I feel you are the one attempting to make us look bad with your ridiculous subject claiming $2000 due and a "scam". At most, even considering Fedex issue, we owe you $1000--and our well exstablished firm is not a so-called "scam". Please get your exact facts straight and do not exaggerate, if you want my assistance.

<< Do you guys see that what I have been going thru with this company? >>

Your attitiude is not helping the matter, and is not speeding up the process. I told you I am looking into the matter and will get it resolved for you--plain and simple. However long it takes me to do so, it takes. I assure you, this matter is important to us. Today just ended up being a very hectic day, as the Mayor of the City of Scranton visited our facility. I do hope to have this resolved in full before the weekend--pending your full co-operation.
      0 Not allowed!

I'd say he is being rather calm considering its been 3 months!!! Personally I would have driven over and demanded the money on the spot. Thats terrible business practice!
      0 Not allowed!

BurstNet is a large company and isn't some reseller of servers who will scam 2000 from a customer. Customers cancell and request refunds and other money all the time and a large comany can't just go by what the customer says and refund the money. Fedex is partly at fault for letting someone charge an overnight package to the account if thats really what happened. If fedex shipped something from our account in which we did not authorize I would ask them for a refund. Do you know how long that would take? A case open with them takes about a week. Should I got on fedexingtalk forums dot com and say fedex scammed money from me? Or have some patience and wait for the refund.
    Best Wishes,

Blake L. Smith - [email protected]
    XtremeBandwidth.com, Inc. - Wholesale Tier1 Bandwidth!
      0 Not allowed!

Err blake

1) It wasn't unauthorized ... they let them use it. Companies often let their hosts use the accounts - the sales rep screwed up and seemed to ordered overnight to cover his own delays

While the title here is misleading, i think burstnet screwed the pooch here and made mistakes big time - they're big and they make more mistakes.... i don't see why everyone is rushing to burstnet's defense here
      0 Not allowed!

Why can't you "just" call me to get all the facts? This is ridiculous

More False Accusations....

First of all "read" my reply correctly man, I did say you had emailed me in the second sentence....

I Started Thread 06-28-2005, you replied on 06-29-2005 stating you had my account information (phone # is there) at which time I asked you to call me since Mike or Benji are not returning my calls. At the end of the day Yesterday (06-30-2005) was the second day you hav had my phone number to call. I even emailed you my cell phone on 6-29-05 (why don't you mention that?)

Today is 07-01-2005, DAY 3, and no calls yet....

For weeks now, Mike has had the FedEX bill. You and Mike did have all the FedEX info, in fact I pulled the tracking number off the bill you have in front of you to show everyone it was overnighted.
    I'd paste a copy of bill here but it has sensitive company info.

I'm not asking you to take my word for it. Talk to Benji, he's the one that shipped it to me. When I called him he stated that it was shipped FedEX Ground and that FedEX made a mistake and he was going to look for the airbill to prove it. However, everytime I called asking for it he said he forgot to look for it. He has since stopped returning my calls, Maybe you can talk to him since he's your brother.

Your attitiude is not helping the matter, and is not speeding up the process.
    My Attitude? I've waited patiently for months to get this issue resolved. I've called dozens of times trying to have you guys fix this for me. This option was my last resort after months of no support from you guys, I didn't want to do this. I even told Mike the last time we spoke if he couldn't help me I was coming to the forums to tell everyone (and maybe get help/advice). He didn't seem to care much when I told him....
      0 Not allowed!

You seem to not be replying to my emails requesting information from you.
    WITHOUT THAT I CANNOT ASSIST YOU.

If you want this resolved, then I highly recommend you respond to me and not WHT. WHT is not going to get this resolved for you, I am. At this point, YOU are the one dragging out resolution here, not us.
      0 Not allowed!

As I stated in the email which I replied to you (and my post), speak to Benji (your brother). He admitted to me several times that he was suppose to ship it FedEX Ground and that he would get the airbill to prove it.

If he lies to you I will make sure it gets revealed in this thread....
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast