1. How come Deskpro is not that popular?

Hi guys,

I have noticed that Deskpro ( www.deskpro.com ), a helpdesk application, is rarely mentioned on this forums. I was wondering if its because of their pricing or is it because they are doing something wrong marketing wise.
    As far as Im concerned I think it is one of the top notch helpdesk apllications available, even 2checkout.com is using it.

Please throw in your 2 cents.
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?

I'll bet my lunch it's the price.

3. Then you better hold on to your lunchbox while the others post their opinions.

I think it has something to do with ther marketing.

For livehelp applications, ww.phplivesupport.com is considered pricey but I think it is by far the most popular one. I know for one that they advertise a lot so that might have something to do with their popularity.

Originally posted by DanX
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I don't believe it's the price either like [email protected] said, phpLiveSupport is very pricely and they get a lot of threads on this forums.

i've never seen an ad for it, maybe they dont advertise, the prices arent bad.

I've personally used Deskpro before, and I must say that it is indeed very advanced and feature rich. In my opinion it is much better than Kayako, however for the price and solid reputation I would still recommend going with Kayako eSupport

The price isn't super high, but it's not free.

The two main pay helpdesks listed here are:

Cerberus
    Kayako

Cerberus gets a lot of press because it has a free version to it, and Kayako has a beautiful interface and a decent amount of use. Like mentioned above, advertising would really help.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Stay far away from the Deskpro hosted solution - loads of downtime - sometimes 5 hours or more!! And the deskpro.com web site seems to be on the same server - every time the back-end of the hosted solution goes down - so does their main web site - sucks big time. No way to contact support, etc. - just wait and pray that they come back online.

Oh and for any idiots who ask....OF COURSE we did a trace from multiple networks and servers - it is deskpro that is down - duh!

Go for a solution on your own server(s)

Cerberus is a great option - IMO

And....so what is 2CO is using deskpro - look at the support you get from those bozos - might as well opt for snail-mail or smoke signals.

9. Theres the non-hosted version of Deskpro if downtime is your pet peeve. Other than that are you happy using it?

Originally posted by [email protected]
    Theres the non-hosted version of Deskpro if downtime is your pet peeve. Other than that are you happy using it?
    No - too many broken features, at least in the hosted version, which is what we have used so far. The support/ dev doesn't seem to be too active either, in contrast to what we see with Cerberus. Just take a spin through the deskpro forums (when the site comes back online)

But the biggest case we have - at this particular moment (and for the past 5 hours, 2nd night in a row), their main website is down, along with our tech area - kinda hard to get support when needed - hosted or not. We support too many customers to monkey around.

In my opinion DeskPro is overpriced, and that is why not a lot of companies use it.

OK - it's back up now after 5 1/2 hours of downtime (2nd consecutive night) - the official issue?

"a partion was full, preventing apache from working properly"

Zoinks!:

Originally posted by WN-Ali
    In my opinion DeskPro is overpriced, and that is why not a lot of companies use it.
    That was my opinion when I looked into it.

Not that it cost too much. But that it cost too much for what it offered.

Maybe someone will come along with an explanation that justifies the price. But, I didn't see it when I looked into it.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Originally posted by DanX
    You won a free meal

When I looked at it, $800 or something was too much for what I would get for the product, and to spend $800 in a php script, I found out that Modernbill + eSupport where a better choice.

Francisco
    ^_^

Originally posted by barko
    And....so what is 2CO is using deskpro - look at the support you get from those bozos - might as well opt for snail-mail or smoke signals.
    I was going to say that it wasn't the greatest of companies to pick to represent the product...
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs