Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

a good auction script??

can you guys recommend a good auction script.

I would suggest you vist hotscripts.com and do a search.
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

hi snoopgst

I heard that Softbiz Online Auctions Script is a good and reliable script.

I would recommend looking on Hotscripts.com, a very good resource.

WN-Ali

yes that is true look there first visit sites and try out demos .

Originally posted by WN-Ali
    I would recommend looking on Hotscripts.com, a very good resource.
    I'd challenge that statement somewhat...USED to be a good resource till they became more concerned with revenue and less with actually scripts.

I agree they definit did changed, ArtieFishill

Re: a good auction script??

Originally posted by snoopgst
    can you guys recommend a good auction script.
    Try www.phpprobid.com . Powerful, feature rich, stable. But not free. Worth every penny, though.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Re: Re: a good auction script??

Originally posted by vito
    Try www.phpprobid.com . Powerful, feature rich, stable. But not free. Worth every penny, though.

Vito
    I would highly recommend it too.

Haven't tried, but how about scripts from prozilla:

http://www.prozilla.com/item.php?item=6
    <<snipped>><<snipped>>
    why?

better auction sites!

What about an auction site that is as good as eBay with all the same features, but is also for sale!?! Not just a lousy 'script'. I'm a programmer, and I don't know why people say 'script'. Script means ONE module that does one thing. 'software' is the correct term, no matter if it is interpreted or not. Anyways, where is a VERY good auction script that is for sale?

Check out http://geodesicsolutions.com/index.htm. Probably one of the best auction scripts available. Stay miles away from Softbiz. Scammers out to get your money.

yes, I agree with Ncturnal, try GeoAuctions script from Geodesic Solutions
    http://www.MonsNet.com
    Managed dedicated servers, reseller hosting, server management

even i have used it and its good

I think phpprobid is the best, not only as far as the software goes but their support is awsome. They have a very active forum as well and some of the best mods I have seen. if you are looking for something that loads quick and has the features that the big boys have, you should check it out. I bought it a couple weeks ago and it installs in a breeze. Worth every penny like Vito said.

Re: better auction sites!

Originally posted by clmhold
    What about an auction site that is as good as eBay with all the same features, but is also for sale!?! Not just a lousy 'script'. I'm a programmer, and I don't know why people say 'script'. Script means ONE module that does one thing. 'software' is the correct term, no matter if it is interpreted or not. Anyways, where is a VERY good auction script that is for sale?
    eBay's code I'm sure is very big and complicated, not to mention would be worth tens if not hundreds of thousands if it were on the market?
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

You're right, mripguru. Trying to "match" eBay's code would be pretty expensive.

I haven'y looked at all auction scripts on the market, but I've looked at a few. And when I look at the list of features that phpprobid offers, www.phpprobid.com/auction-software-features.php , I'd have to say that it is closer to eBay than anything else I've come across.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Check bidflux.com and see if you like. Bidflux ver. 2.0 is much similar to Ebay. Contact the owner and ask for demo.

is 2.0 out yet?

Originally posted by clmhold
    is 2.0 out yet?
    What I know ver. 2.0 is out already, but you will need to contact bidflux for more details.

it was out, but has so many bugs that they stopped selling it. How unprofessional. They don't even answer on the support forums. There's probably only one person working on the whole entire 'company'. I would probably want to stay away from that mess.

Bidflux Disappeared? WHERE are they now? The entire site is down. I guess he just had enough. lol.

Any Free auction scripts around?

If anyone has bidflux 2.0, I would like to see it.

Thanks.

Originally posted by MH-Gary
    I would suggest you vist hotscripts.com and do a search.
    was going to say that, also fantantisco comes with phpauction. And you could probably get a tutorial for a auction script of pixel2life.com

yeah, but phpauction is terrible. even their non-free version is awful. I meant a good one like probid, but free? Anyone know of any?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast