Setting up online store for newbie

We have a current website that we wish to add ecommerce capabilities to. The site is 30-40 pages, and would not be difficult to transfer to a new host. We currently have no merchant account. The store will be small (<100 items). It would be great to interface with quickbooks. I'm not a computerphobe, but I'm no programmer either. I've done quite a bit of internet surfing on the subject, but because of my lack of knowledge, I have a hard time knowing what I need and comparing hosting options. Are there turnkey hosting sites? Is it better to get a merchant account from one source, a payment gateway from another, and a shopping cart from yet another?? I'm glad to keep doing research and would welcome advice on good sites to visit. Thanks!

Welcome to the forums juncusbalticus!

You might contact sitetutor.com and talk to them. I think they have a shopping cart that can export to a QIF file.

I am not sure about this, but OSCommerce might provide a solution (I have no first hand experience with it, I have just seen it used quite a bit for online stores).

http://www.oscommerce.com/
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Hello,

If you have a static html site which you need to integrate a with a shopping cart and require the ability to dump data into quickbooks - you should probably take a look at shopsite.

www.shopsite.com

They have several partners and most of them provide the complete suite - shopsite, ssl certificates, merchant accounts and gateways....

You can purchase the license striaght out or you can lease it from one of their partners...

Hope this helps...
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems