Thread: Aa?

Aa?

A week or two ago I realized I'm an alcoholic, and went to my first meeting. I was the youngest person there. As of right now, I've been clean for 68 hours, my record for 6 months. I realized I was an alcoholic when I blew a .32, and decided I "might as well finish the rest of the bottle."

Anybody else here besides me is/was an alcoholic (horrible grammar, I know).

isn't the idea of aa that it's anoymous, hence the name?
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

You don't need to have gone/going there. I'm just curious if anyone has realized they were an alcoholic?

I'm not an alcoholic, but my grandfather was and my uncle is. I have a lot of respect for you for realizing you needed help and getting it - one of the hardest things for family members/friends is to see someone they care about basically destroying themselves and not being able to do anything about it.

I wish you nothing but success in staying clean
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

At least I started early ! (age: 15)

I am glad to hear you are taking the right steps and are trying to take care of your problem. I have a very close relative who is about a week sober now and you just need to take things one day at a time.

I'm not feeling withdrawl from marijuana (I quit everything cold turkey), only from alcohol. I don't know if I'm going to go to AA again... but i did throw out my stash of liquor (read: tanqueray)

I had this little breathalizer (sp?) thing that I bought. My friends later said taht i blew a .32 (I don't remember anything after my 15th or 16 drink, I think I ended up around 24 when i blew the .32)