Poor Customer Service Victoms unite!

I am a poor customer service survivor. Has anyone here every been put on hold all day long and still not gotten throught the barrior of being in queue. It's worse than trying to get something off of winmx. Anyway this is how it all began. I went jogging as usual, when it started to rain. All of a sudden my mp3 player starts to go all staticy--- so I go inside. I leave it alone and go to bed. The next day all I get is the backlight to come on for a few seconds. I then called mpio's ''customer service'' and was on hold all day. Please share your stories.

Ailenware has crappy service, or so I've heard. Like I could afford an ailenware anyways. AH HAha hahaha no......
    ~.::If zicks are wicks and wicks are nicks then this iq test is definitely stupid::.~

If you have no experience then you really can't say.

You can't really complain about a program which lets you pirate music.

true. I can't complain, however if i pay hundreds of dollars for something then i want someone to talk to me on the phone to complain.... not an automaded monotone sounding 90 year old
    ~.::If zicks are wicks and wicks are nicks then this iq test is definitely stupid::.~

yeah, dell & a personal computer (my mom's).

I've had horribly long waits for Dell Support... the only good thing is.. you can put your name on a list, and they will call you back.
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

MSN has terrible tech support.

They have a policy to automatically disconnect users after they have been connected for 6 hours. But, they don't operate their own modem pools. So, i called them up asking if they can do anything about it, and they just blamed the problem on spyware, and made me follow all these ridiculous steps to assure i don't have any virii or spyware on my computer. All the while, i kept on telling them that it is a setting on their network that is doing thing.

I never got them to admit that it's a setting on their own network.

Sometimes customers get treated they way they act. As a CSR I do my best to help you with the best ability I can, and with the tools and power that I have been given to me by the company. No, I cannot give you a $500 dollar credit because your order was 1 day late. No I will not have the warehouse send out this item same day delivery because you forgot to order it and you need it. And of course I will not tolerate you screaming in my ear or using profanity in an attempt to scare me.

There are bad apples in the CSR industry, but that goes for every industry. Just because the previous CSR puts you on hold for "15 minutes and never came back" is no exucse to scream at me and tell me we're idiots and we don't know what we're doing -- why are you asking me for help then???

Some companies (such as Verizon) require a limit that a CSR can be on the phone w/ their customer. I believe it's 12 minutes. Anything more, and you are risking your job.

I get customers calling asking me to help them burn a CD or how they can install a program, we're not a support company, we just sell the merchandise. But because I don't bend over and let them do as they please, they get pissy and hang up.

What's worse is the company I work for calls back the customers to get a rating of the CSR. Of course if you wanted a $500 dollar credit on an order of $500 and I said no, you wouldn't be giving me good ratings, rather you'd say I didn't do my job.

Don't get mad at the CSR, get mad at the company itself. Write a letter to their HQ, to their CEO, to your local paper. We just do our job with the what is available, and sometimes, it's not much.

Cell phone company tried charging me 1200... lol wasnt gonna happen.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

My MPiO broke, luckily it was in the 30 day exchange policy of the store. Got myself a nice iPod shuffle, the day it came out. It wouldn't charge. [The MPiO]
    --

Rob83 I know how you feel, because I had a customer one time really pissed and said he is never coming to the store again and dropped the items on the floor. This is...

1. He did not talk to me on the phone so I did not know what he needed since he really did not give me the information I need to help him.

2. He was cussing, yelling, and acting like a little kid.

3. He threaten to beat me up .

4. I told him I can get him the store manager for him and he said yes.

5. He told the store manager I was not doing my job!

So the store manager told him to get out of the store and if he ever comes in again he will press charges. So a week later he came in to buy something and the police picked him up. He acted shocked that he got picked up by the police.

lol... at first I thought the title said "Poor Customer Service Victim's Unit" like Law & Order

Yep. Was on hold with Verizon for 2 hours, only to be told that while they screwed up, they weren't going to do anything about it.

Originally posted by Torith
    Rob83 I know how you feel, because I had a customer one time really pissed and said he is never coming to the store again and dropped the items on the floor. This is...

1. He did not talk to me on the phone so I did not know what he needed since he really did not give me the information I need to help him.

2. He was cussing, yelling, and acting like a little kid.

3. He threaten to beat me up .

4. I told him I can get him the store manager for him and he said yes.

5. He told the store manager I was not doing my job!

So the store manager told him to get out of the store and if he ever comes in again he will press charges. So a week later he came in to buy something and the police picked him up. He acted shocked that he got picked up by the police.
    Ohhh those are the best customers. Had a customer who said he's gonna leave the cabinet in the middle of the road until we picked it up. Told him that if it got damaged or stolen, it's not our responsbility.

Hmm...

I don't think anyone can dispute the fact that Paypal has one of the world's worst customer service.

I swear, it is just a word matcing program matching keywords in your email with ready answers in the database...
    New site: www.talkutas.com

Funny, I've never had a bad experience with Dell support, and I call them 3-4 times a week. (I work for the computer maintenance shop on campus, and so we call in for warranty work on student computers and campus computers all the time)

Gateway has great support as well.

I havent had any complaints about verizon support, I question their billing practices, but I have no complaints about their CSR's

Godaddy support is helpful, I just wish they had toll-free support.

I guess I'm just lucky that I never really have bad support experiences. I was on the phone with charter support for 2 hours while we were troubleshooting my high latencies. But the tech was very helpful, and it was a pleasant call. I was just irritated I was pinging at about 4000ns, but still getting the full 1.5mbps.

Originally posted by amish_geek

Godaddy support is helpful, I just wish they had toll-free support.

They took the 800 # off because they were getting hundreds of calls a day asking "How do I upload my website", when it was only the domain that was registered. So now, people think twice before calling Long Distance.

i didn't even get through to mpio's tech support. and i was on hold collectivly for probably 3 or 4 hours. so i was like w/e....... i don't want the overly glorified ipod either though....... maybe a creative. i'm a jogger and i need something to keep me company, any suggestions?

Originally posted by Rob83
    Ohhh those are the best customers. Had a customer who said he's gonna leave the cabinet in the middle of the road until we picked it up. Told him that if it got damaged or stolen, it's not our responsbility.
    Yeah got to love customers who think that everyone owes them something. Like a customer who we help put up a shower shell into a truck. We are by rules not allowed to tie down the product are self (or we can get sued). So the guy tied it down, and left. Well he came back all complaining because "we" did not tie it down good enough and it went out of his truck when he was driving and broke it.

He keep blaming us and saying we tied it down, but we did not and had proof of it as well. We told the guy we have camera all over outside, and he said it was our fault still blah blah blah . So he demanded a refund plus extra for his "troubles" then that is when the OP said no.

Well long story short... he got pissed and said he would sue us and do all these things. We never did hear from this guy again. Though if he did try to sue he would not win that is for sure since we had proof of him doing it and not staff of the store.

Oh you gotta love being a CSR .

Isn't it the BEST feeling when you're doing everything you're able to help a customer and all they focus on is the fact that they've been on hold for 10 minutes? LOL I do not miss that part of the job at all.

Seriously though I think the worst customer service I ever experienced was from Nicor Gas. We lived in a 2 story, 2 apartment building (house converted) and there were 2 gas lines, 1 for each apt. We noticed that our bill would jump for no good reason every 3 months and then go back down.

Finally we called and a Nicor rep came out to make sure nothing was wrong with our meter. He discovered that our gas lines were switched, meaning we were paying for the upstair's gas! He assured us that he would make sure that the problem was corrected.

So imagine MY surprise when one evening about 6 months later I went to give my 5 week old daughter a bath and there was NO hot water! We called up Nicor who informed us we had been shut off because we hadn't been paying our bill. Trying as hard as I could to control my temper I offered to fax them the cancelled check copies I had as proof that we HAD paid the bills we'd been sent. The CSR said that we needed to send payment in and we could then fax the checks over.

So my husband calls our landlord, who contacted Nicor and told them that if THEY had fixed the meter switch before, his tenants wouldn't be sitting at home with a newborn and no hot water. Nicor replied that he needed to get a bunch of paperwork together to prove he owned the house. Even when he did they wouldn't even let HIM pay the neighbor's bill so our hot water could be turned on.

Anyway, everything was finally straightned out with that about 10 days later. Then we get a bill from them about 2 months later for about $400, which is what they claimed we owed after they subtracted what we actually paid. When we tried to get on the payment plan they said they couldn't do that because we owed so much. I was like "Look, *******, if your company had done its job 8-12 months ago we wouldn't OWE this much!" The guy we talked to was a real *** and wouldn't budge, so we asked to speak to his manager, and ended up getting that straightened out as well.

Ugh. I DETEST Nicor.
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>