Question Any hosting plan good for forum?

I'm looking for a good hosting plan for my forum. Any recommendation?
    Currently my forum is hosted on a shared plan, but it's not very stable, also a bit slow.
    I'm wondering if I need to upgrade to a VPS package. Any thought on that? Would that help to increase the speed and stability?
    Or can I just upgrade to a higher end shared plan?

Thanks.

It all depends on how resource-intensive your forum is. It will be decided by many factors; what forum software are you running and how many simultaneous visitors do you have?

Just as HasGreatDane said, it depends on many factors. Will it be any faster? Yes, because your forum would be in an isolated environment, meaning that there wouldn't be dozens of other sites causing high(er) load. Will it be stable? Depends on the host really. If their servers aren't stable enough and they crash every hourů I suggest that you run a search on VPS providers and see which ones have stable both network and servers to ensure accessiblility of your forum at all time.

You will certainly have much less boundaries with a VPS than with a shared hosting, so this might be another fact why you should try it out.
    Have a question?

I'm running phpbb
    not many users for the time being, but it's expected to grow
    if new users feel the site is very slow or not stable, they will not come back. that's why I want to make sure my site is fast and stable. that's what i'm looking for.

somebody told me that VPS from the same vendor as my shared hosting may not show improvement on speed, given the fact that it's still sharing a server and virtulization causes additional overhead. is that true?