com.ru - free but too much confusion

Yea they are free as most ppl know could some1 register 1 4 me.- clanvirusrs.com.ru in return i will put an add on my site. ty

cannot open your url
    Cheap domains, Cheap Hosting (Giving away Lowest-pricing Enom Reseller Accts)
    My Domains For Sale

Originally posted by duskdawn
    cannot open your url
    umm its not registerd yet thats why im asking some1 to register it coz i dont know how.

o, i thought u want to register on that site.
    Cheap domains, Cheap Hosting (Giving away Lowest-pricing Enom Reseller Accts)
    My Domains For Sale

Originally posted by duskdawn
    o, i thought u want to register on that site.
    Can some1 regitser it 4 me on ripn.net coz the sign up i cant do.
    Its free and will will put an ad on my site to whoever does it

maniac king,

And why you can not sign up?
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Hello,

What will be the content of your website (clanvirusrs.com.ru)?

Originally posted by maxo
    maniac king,

And why you can not sign up?
    It doesnt work i dont know why.
    And the content of the website will be a runescape clan called clan virus.

Seems wired to me...

Originally posted by DjMiX
    Seems wired to me...
    I just cant sign up as ripn.net doesnt work 4 me apart from a few pages.so can some1 do it 4 me plz and tell me the name and the pass and i will put a ad on my site of your choise

Still wierd for me...

Lad, with all the respect, but all you need to do is filling in a form and fax it to RIPN. Easy. And then you're the owner and in full control, whereas otherwise a fellow board member (= someone you don't know at all in real life) is owning the domain.

Most people seem to have a problem providing personal details to RIPN for the rake of it being in Russia, people still get suspicious in that case it seems. Just check previous threads on .com.ru (do a search as they're quite old so not easy to find back manually) and observe...
    It's a pity in fact. Unlike .tk these free Russian domains have potential, and you're in full control whereas .TK only lets you use their domains in a limited way (for full control you pay 9 euro/year)

When i try and do that it always comes up in errors???
    i dont know which mail to send first?
    some1 tell me what to do and in what order plz

What sort of errors? It'd be much easier if you did it yourself, then you'd be able to change details etc.

ill try and do it myself but it keeps coming up with the following error;

We are sorry to disappoint You but
    content type 'multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0009_01C57DA1.A05D1A70"' used in your message
    is not currently supported by this software.

Please, resend your request in 'text/plain' form,
    8bit or 7bit transfer encoding.

I dont know how to do that???

That's either a problem with the website itself or a problem with your web browser. Try using Firefox.

I was emailing from outlook express lol

Then try Thunderbird

Neh ill just use bt yahoo

Okay. Did it work?

Still not working???

In Outlook Express, when you open the New Message Window, go to the Format menu and pick Plain Text. Apparently it is set to use either RTF or HTML by default.

Personally, I think the whole situation is totally fishy. Any 'sane' person would not even think of agreeing to registering a website for a complete stranger, then handing it over. Who can say what mischief or illegal things you might do, then the poor sap who fell for your sad story 'I can't do it...' would be the ones the authorities would go after.

My own feelings about this are that if you cannot figure out how to do a simple registration, you should not be running a website. And by chance that you are running a scam, then I would hope that you are caught and punished severely.

Originally posted by Gerrit
    Lad, with all the respect, but all you need to do is filling in a form and fax it to RIPN. Easy. And then you're the owner and in full control, whereas otherwise a fellow board member (= someone you don't know at all in real life) is owning the domain.

Most people seem to have a problem providing personal details to RIPN for the rake of it being in Russia, people still get suspicious in that case it seems. Just check previous threads on .com.ru (do a search as they're quite old so not easy to find back manually) and observe...
    It's a pity in fact. Unlike .tk these free Russian domains have potential, and you're in full control whereas .TK only lets you use their domains in a limited way (for full control you pay 9 euro/year)
    Interesting. I didnt know about that. Will they extend it next yesr for free too? of course if i send the fax again ?
    HostAccord Affordable Hosting

As long as your nameservers are on different subnets, it will renew fine. They will perform a nameserver check at the renewal time. And yes the renewals are free.

I had to email my details in to process the renewal, and since it worked I never used their fax service.

Originally posted by jamesyeeoc
    In Outlook Express, when you open the New Message Window, go to the Format menu and pick Plain Text. Apparently it is set to use either RTF or HTML by default.

Personally, I think the whole situation is totally fishy. Any 'sane' person would not even think of agreeing to registering a website for a complete stranger, then handing it over. Who can say what mischief or illegal things you might do, then the poor sap who fell for your sad story 'I can't do it...' would be the ones the authorities would go after.

My own feelings about this are that if you cannot figure out how to do a simple registration, you should not be running a website. And by chance that you are running a scam, then I would hope that you are caught and punished severely.
    SIMPLE??????????? Ive got errors every time even with the template generator posted on another site.I wouldnt ever run a scam and just coz it keeps coming up in errors doesnt mean i will.

can someone who has ACTUALLY registered a .com.ru or multiple .com.ru domains please reply to me and let me know how I can do so easily.

I tried six months ago on the website, I can't remember the url anymore, but it took me like 20 minutes to register one domain cuz I was having to translate evreything first, which took time, how can I register a .com.ru domain REALLY easily?

Faxing is a little bit too difficult, espcially since I am in USA and faxing long distance will cost like 10 dollars minimum, it's not worth it. I need completely free if I want .com.ru

When I did it six months ago, why did it not go through? Do i have to use a russian address? because I tried twice with two different sets of infromation, one was usa information and one was faked russian information since I don't live in russia.

Please help.

It was ages when I did it, but I think after you created a maintainter account you can then go into the web interface (which is in English) and register domains through there.
    You do not need a Russian address.

For orginisations go here: https://www.ripn.net/nic/dns/form/org_reg.cgi
    For individuals go here: https://www.ripn.net/nic/dns/form/prs_reg.cgi

It's all in Russian so unless you can read it all use http://babelfish.altavista.com to translate.

After that's done, go register domains through the web interface at: https://www.ripn.net/nic/dns/form/en/

mouseattack,

I have registered more than 100 .com.ru from 2000 to 2002 for my customers whom requested free domain's hosting. There were thousands of excellent names for selection by that time. Almost any names you can think of were available. With the price dropping of .com domains from 2002, my customers did not interest in free .com.ru any more. And I did not provide free .com.ru registration service from 2003.

Since the first .com.ru domain I registered was early 2000. I really did not remember the whole registration processes. However it should not be too complicate. If I have time I may try to recall the whole procedures and prepare in flash demo. But really too busy ....

Cool ty jag its working now 8)