Angry Never use 2CheckOut!

Hi All,
    That's it. After being with 2CheckOut.com for 2 years I've had enough! One of my payments didn't turn up (May 16th 2005) so I called in. I was made to wait over 20 days, and phoned in over 8 times leaving countless messages that were completely ignored. I was accused of lying and treated very badly. The payments department was extremely rude and patronizing (I wont name names, but if you end up talking to someone their whos name begins with a 'P' prepaire to be insulted). When I asked to make a complaint I was either forwarded to an empty voicemail or disconnected. Not having the payment made things very difficult financially. Finally a Vendor support agent started dealing with my request and contacting the payments department on my behalf (it was a miracle I got through to her, the others didn't seem to have a clue, thank you 'GS'). Finally after a month they got back to me saying it was an error in my banking details and it was my fault. I went over things with them and proved that all my details were entered correctly. After all they have been sending me payments for over 2 years! Talking with my bank they said that the way they were sending the details were in correct (I'm international). When I contacted the payments department about this (after many attempts to get hold of the payments department) she gave me more abuse over the phone being extremely rude. I still have not recieved the payment. I've chaged card processors and will no longer deal with a company that talks to customers in such a way and says they have no one who deals with merchant complaints.

As you could probably understand this has left me in a very bad mood

I've now recommend to all my customers not to use 2CheckOut. It's such a shame as in the old days they used to be quite good.

I wont say who I changed to so I can't be accused of promoting another company. But with proper merchant accounts going so cheaply these days it's mad to have anything less.

Anyone else got a similar experience? I've seen a few post when searching. They kept telling me that they never get any complaints (I don't believe that for a second!)

Lyle

We have been hearing a lot of complaints about late payments from 2Checkout. I suspect they put the merchants' money in CD (fixed deposit) to make extra income...

Originally posted by Sidorino
    Confused a bit, as 2co support seemed very good- sure there always are some bad days in any processor's history, but not like that...
    I agree their support was very good. I remember when I first joined they made a mistake with my second payment, they were very nice on the phone, chased it up straight away and gave me $60 or so in compensation. Things certainly have changed over there. I think they've had problems since they grew quickly after PaySystems was taken down and they've employed the wrong people. It seems like they just don't care anymore. The number I've times I've waited 30+ mins on the phone just to get cut off has driven me mad.

There seem to be alot of complain about 2checkout, so far, i have yet to face any problems with them at the moment and i hope i wouldn't have to face such situation, if i were to call 2checkout from my country and waited for 30 mins, i think my phone bill will start rolling.

Originally posted by cavalry
    We have been hearing a lot of complaints about late payments from 2Checkout. I suspect they put the merchants' money in CD (fixed deposit) to make extra income...
    firstly, the "merchant" is 2CO
    2ndly, money of this nature can not be placed in an interest bearing account... nor can it be used to purchase CDs.

lastly, the easiest thing to do is pay the vendors -- every time, on time. that is the goal. the amount of time that cosmicperl likely spent to correct the issue far outweighs any potential profit from 'holding funds' for some 'other' purpose. remember that a payment due to a vendor, even one reaching thousands of dollars, is only a small amount of profit. letting that profit purposely get eaten up by payment issues would not make sense.

cosmicperl: I will forward your post on to both P's and GS's supervisors.

Hi Tom,
    I've been through to 'P' a few times. Before this recent problem. Each and every time she has been patronising and rude. Phone up yourself pretending to be a vendor and see what you get.

GS was the only one who was polite, she's the only one who did anything so she deserves credit.

the easiest thing to do is pay the vendors -- every time, on time
    That doesn't appear to be the case. From my discussions with my own Bank on the matter it appears that there is a problem in the way you send the sort code. It's a separate piece of information and shouldn't be attached to the account number separated by an SC nor should it be attached to the SWIFT code separated by a dash -. Many international banks use - in their sort codes, such as 00-00-00. Any automated systems the banks have that check for formatting errors will have problems with this. If you are going to deal with international wire transfers you'll have to do it correctly. In all fairness you should be using IBAN numbers to prevent things like this from happening. That's what they are their for.

Lyle

P.S. Any more advice and I'll have to charge a consultancy fee

Originally posted by cosmicperl
    I agree their support was very good. I remember when I first joined they made a mistake with my second payment, they were very nice on the phone, chased it up straight away and gave me $60 or so in compensation. Things certainly have changed over there. I think they've had problems since they grew quickly after PaySystems was taken down and they've employed the wrong people. It seems like they just don't care anymore. The number I've times I've waited 30+ mins on the phone just to get cut off has driven me mad.
    Maybe thay had some difficulties with payments in general and just didn't have answers that you needed. Hope the situation with 2co will be solved, as it always was a very good processor.

I've never had any prpblems with them.

2CO customer service is slow, seemed to be untrained and two of my tickects still has not been answered for more than 1 week now.

The new vendor CP is improved, look nicer but the control panel is still not very user friendly.

2CO better focus more on quality vendor experience.

Hi Metatron,
    Don't get me started on their control panel. I'm a software developer. I know how their guys have been workin on the new version. It's years, they said it would have some good new features including an IPN system, but in the end it's just a better looking remake of the old one. I know for a fact I could have developed a much better system in half the time. They have multiple programmers working on this. What the hell have they been doing?

Lyle

2c0 support department was very kind to me all the times i have called. Both Payment and Verification departments.

2 cosmicperl :

How many years of programming expierence you have ? I am planning to start working on a big project by the beginning of the winter. If you are interested to earn some drop me down.

Smile

I haven't had a chargeback with 2co for over 2 years. That's because I'm very careful and screen every order myself.

I've been programming for more than 7 years. Perl is the language I favor. Sounds like time for a shameless plug of my free scripts website http://www.cosmicscripts.com a load of free scripts.

Lyle

Ive used them for about 1 1/2 years and have never had a problem. All my support tickets (all 1 of them) were answered in an hour and completely resolved on the first answer.

They have a thumbs up in my book. Sorry to hear your experience was not as good as mine has. Sometimes you cant judge a company by one expierience though. That goes for both of us

But it's a bit strange when one client gets absolutely no service, and second one has a hot cup of coffee..
    As I know 2co always was a reliable processor, there could be some delays, but service..

i believe some delay is reasonable at time but service wise, you guys should know after reading so many thread on their services.

I think it depends on your problem, and who you end up speaking to on the phone. If you've got a simple problem you'll get a quick responce. If they've made a **** up and they are not sure what to do you'll get hell.

Like I said, I'd had good experiences with them before. I think they've got some relatively new staff in their payments department.

Lyle

In fact I had no big problems with 2CO. Even 1 chargeback was cancelled and re-placed order. Email support is 4/5, ticket support 0/5

I have plan to use 2Co for my site . but maybe i'll rethink again after read some complaints

With a merchant account the customer gets billed as 'Your Company name' if you ask me thats a lot better than it coming up as '2CheckOut.com' or any other company name.

There are some really cheap merchant accounts out there these days. Especially in the states.

Still not arrived

By the way I thought I should let you all know that my payment has STILL not arrived. It's now almost 2 months late and the payment department is ignoring me completely. If I don't hear back it looks like I may have to start talking to my solicitor. I've requested that they send a cheque to me as they are incapable of sending the wire transfer (even though they did manage to send the payment from my other 2co account last month that has the exact same banking details).

Lyle

With a merchant account the customer gets billed as 'Your Company name' if you ask me thats a lot better than it coming up as '2CheckOut.com' or any other company name.

There are some really cheap merchant accounts out there these days. Especially in the states.
    It really depends on where you are based. As in some countries it's really hard to get a merchant acc, and in some it's impossible.

I have been with them for more than a year. .. so far their service is okay..

sometimes their support team is good but there are times u might not get reply at all for weeks... they ask u to resubmit the ticket.

good luck my friend.. conclusion, i still recommend 2co to people who dun have much choices..

Hi Metatron,
    Don't get me started on their control panel. I'm a software developer. I know how their guys have been workin on the new version. It's years, they said it would have some good new features including an IPN system, but in the end it's just a better looking remake of the old one. I know for a fact I could have developed a much better system in half the time. They have multiple programmers working on this. What the hell have they been doing?

What is an IPN system?

Thanks

Lyle

IPN=Instant Payment Notification

It automatically tells you when someone make payment
    NoFrillsLogo.com - Never pay more for your logo!

Professional Design & Low Prices. We Design Until You are Satisfied Guaranteed!
    Click Here To Boost Your Company Profit With a Real Logo

Originally posted by edu4vision
    IPN=Instant Payment Notification

It automatically tells you when someone make payment
    I thought every payment gateway offered that already? Simple little thing, is it not?

IR

Yes it is a very simple thing. It wouldn't be hard to setup at all. I really think their programming staff don't have a clue what they are doing. V2 is practically the same as V1, it doesn't include any of the features they have been promising. IPN is standard these days.

Note to everyone, I don't believe it! Finally 2 months later may missing payment turned up today. Not one penny in compensation and no formal appology of any kind. They only really started doing things after this post and me going to BBBOnline. I expected so much more for my troubles.

Yes 2CheckOut.com in the old days was a good viable solution with friendly staff.

Yes 2CheckOut.com is now badly staffed, unfriendly and not up to speed with what everyone else has to offer.

My verdict is, KEEP WELL CLEAR!

Hundreds of happy and some unhappy customers, usual situation for big company, anyway 2co is better than many others, with good reputation. Their system is old, yes, but it has proved it's ability to help earning money. Just my 0.02$.