Cheap of Second Hand Server

I am looking at getting my own server to put in Co Location Hosting becuase price saving over the long term future but I was just wondering if there is a place another than ebay where you can pickup cheap or second hand servers?

These really need to be 1u rack space.

Thanks for any help

Unfortuantly i cannot help you with that one, but just as a note. I have bought 5 or 6 servers from eBay each without problem. eBay would still be my recommendation.
    Clanplanet: Serving the gaming industry since 2004.
    > Game/Clan Servers, Teamspeak and Ventrilo
    > Dedicated Servers
    Want a new gaming POP in the UK? Low ping and Lag Free? Contact us.

what is the budget?

Why not buy dell, they have some real great deals for so low price.

Flint, Michigan
    Dell has specials all the time, try and catch them on one of those (there was a thread about dual xeon machines for sub $1000 not too long ago), you can catch some great deals on e-bay (new and used machines), rackmountmicro, or just about anywhere else. You could even put up an ad in your newspaper looking for equipment that just came off lease.
    Mike from
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at

I just purchased 2 Dell 1425SC with Dual 2.8's, 2GB, and 2 x 160GB SATA for about $1350 ea

Thats alot of machine for that kinda $$, especialy with the 1 year warranty. I used to assemble alot of Supermicro Systems like the 613 with the same specs and they usually cost a bit more than this.

Buy new

I recommend you try to get your own new equipment.

I have found several options where you can get cheap servers:

My first recommendation, check: Tigerdirect, they have a lot of deals with several companies.

A good OEM is Visionman which uses Supermicro hardware.

There is also Colomachine (which I haven't tested, but seems to have good prices).

There is also the option to do it using refurbished or open-box deals: check Canvassystems. They have a huge stock of servers as well.

Hope it helps.

If you require a colo facility for that, I can help ;-)

New York, NY
    Double D

you coulda gotten those boxes with 1 GB of ram for around 925 and then added an extra gig for 100 ... (this is for the dell sc1425) ...

What is your budget range canoe?
    ServGrid - - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

Just about to order

Thanks for all your help, I am quite a newbie to the server world and have always had a hired dedicated server and thought I could get a good server for under 300 ($400) but I have decided to take the plunge and get a Dell Server instead and spend the extra money.