How to skip spam ?

Hello,

I have cpanel/whm. I am runnign spam assassin which is good but still there's alot of spam coming in. Is there any way by which i can stop spam on server end only.

Means that mail server should reject the mails whcih it thinks are spam...is this possible ?

Thanks .

If you are using exim as your mail server..you can us Realtime Blocking List (RBL) [Host checking using RBL]...exim.org have a good doc regarding this ...check this
    link for more detail...

Thanks,
    SupportPRO.com-- Support for Webhosts

Re: How to skip spam ?

Originally posted by Tapan
    Hello,

I have cpanel/whm. I am runnign spam assassin which is good but still there's alot of spam coming in. Is there any way by which i can stop spam on server end only.

Means that mail server should reject the mails whcih it thinks are spam...is this possible ?

Thanks .
    For WHM servers follow this thread

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=418789
    Nil illegitimi carborundum
    I'm getting old and don't do drugs. I get the same effect just standing up fast.

Hi,

Thanks it really helped. Though i am waiting for the results but lets hope it works.

Thanks again!

RBLs will only work to a degree, eventually individuals will find a way around that. What you need to do is setup advanced spamassassin rules, as well as razor/DCC , which handle things much more efficiently
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

Hi Goldwing,

I tried to do what you said to do in other thread and i am sorry to say that it did not worked. Mail receiving was fine but everyone was unable to send mails out.

As soon as i remved the code it started working again.

Thanks.

That has nothing to do with outgoing email, however I am no expert so will leave it for the more knowledeable to come along - would say though I have used this for over a year and no problems with outgoing mail.

This is all you had in the box - correct?, Exim can be a bit tickly about the proper syntax ( or so I have found)

accept hosts = :

drop dnslists = bl.spamcop.net : relays.ordb.org : sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org : list.dsbl.org : hil.habeas.com : taiwan.blackholes.us
    message = your mail server $sender_host_address is in a black list \at $dnslist_domain ($dnslist_text)
    Nil illegitimi carborundum
    I'm getting old and don't do drugs. I get the same effect just standing up fast.

Hi,

I did this in the 3rd input box as you said in your other thread and added the same thing properly.

It got all oky and receving is all okay but no mails can be sent. As soon as i removed that code you gave it started working again.

Thanks.

You may want to be careful with some of the spam blocking entities. Also, most of them won't remove an IP from their list if it was ever listed there... I just got a client that was having this problem at his old email hosting.

I've seen some drop dnslists that are not reliable and/or fake... I'm not saying you shouldn't use them, I use them all time, I just say you should be careful not to loose emails that you actually want to accept. Keep your eyes open to what is being blocked until you are satisfied.

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. Please help me configure it and also tell me the lists you're using.

Thanks.