Web Hosting Referral Programs

There are so many hosts out there that do not even offer the basic of referral programs. I have a couple of sites that convert web hosting traffic well and I am looking for some good hosts to send traffic to. If you know of a good hosting affiliate program and would like to share please do. <Part removed by mod.> Thanks.
    Last edited by ldcdc; 06-28-2005 at 09:08 AM.
    Chuck

Re: Web Hosting Referral Programs

Originally posted by 321web
    There are so many hosts out there that do not even offer the basic of referral programs.
    What are you exactly looking for in a referral program?
    David

One that converts well and pays a lot :-) I see a lot of good hosting sites out there that do not even offer a program period.
    Chuck

http://ipowerweb.com/affiliates/index.html

You receive $100 per person you refer, and then $10 per person that they refer.

Why don't you looking for avertisers instead of joining affiliate programs. Most providers offer fantastic commissions but you receive your money about 40 - 60 days after the sale is made. sometimes you don't get it if a customer requires a refund.

I can only suggest you not to sign up with providers that offer commission higher than 25% of their sales revenue.

Best Regards
    Dimitar
    DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

Why don't you looking for avertisers instead of joining affiliate programs.
    One advantage of getting paid for ads is that the results (sales) are basically the advertiser's concern. The diffcult part is to get high paying advertisers.

Most providers offer fantastic commissions but you receive your money about 40 - 60 days after the sale is made. sometimes you don't get it if a customer requires a refund.
    The amount of refunds has been negijible in my experience (of course this depends quite a bit on the quality of the hosting service though) and the delay in payment doesn't bother me.

I can only suggest you not to sign up with providers that offer commission higher than 25% of their sales revenue.
    I believe this has been discussed before. Is that 25% figure that you mentioned a recurring or a one time commission?

Yeah that 25% if one time is extremely LOW
    Chuck

321web,

Not really - does amazon.com offer 25%-100% per sale?
    Didn't think so.

Why is it any different for hosting?

Amazon's target and web hosting are two very different markets.

There are zillions of hosts that offer great referral bounties. You can check cj.com for instance.
    Or search Google: webhosting + affiliate
    My point is, are they worthy of being promoted....?
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Originally posted by HP-David
    321web,

Not really - does amazon.com offer 25%-100% per sale?
    Didn't think so.

Why is it any different for hosting?
    No they don't, but do their competitors? Because there are hosting companies offering 100-200%.
    Chuck

Really it isn't such a great idea to just try to find companies that offer good commissions. Usually the hosts with the best "value" factoring price, reliability, reputation, and feature set convert the best. Doesn't really matter if you make $100 per commission if the host never converts because it is crummy.

It's up to the hosting company to determine what they feel is fair to pay to their affiliates. Personally, I have converted well with some hosts that offer only 20% commissions but since the rate is so low it converts to very little money. I don't think there is any rule of thumb that you can set that says that an affiliate program that offers more than 20% is "bad". If the company wants to be more aggressive to attract affiliates and make the money up in the out years then it might be a smart practice for them. I've found very reputable web hosts that offer much better than 20%.
    Rich
    Husband, Father, Retired Marine, Geek

I totally agree. There are companies that offer $100 that havent converted for me yet and there are companies that offer $50 that have converted over 20 times on my sites. I just dont have access to enough programs to evaluate which are best. I have gone through cj.com and the usuals. I am just looking for some less known maybe on site, not through agencies.
    Chuck

Im sorta looking for Referral Programs too, Most sites dont offer them, what a shame. yeah 25 percent is very low.

I am suprised the companies that frequent this baord aren't jumping in here...maybe they don't have programs?
    Chuck

Originally posted by 321web
    I am suprised the companies that frequent this baord aren't jumping in here...maybe they don't have programs?
    There's a reason for that.

Participants may not publish or discuss any information regarding their product or services, or future (possible) products or services, or any product or services they are, or have been, associated with. This includes, but not limited to suggesting your own services, or services of partners, clients, employers or friends. The Advertising Forums are for advertising.

Follow this link to that lists affiliate networks. Each one will have many web hosts with affiliate programs.

http://www.associateprograms.com/sea...networks.shtml

As to the good or bad payors, thats always changing.
    http://www.ChicagoJobResource.com
    Chicago Job Resource
    YOUR career connection for Chicago jobs, careers and employment

What about affiliate programs which offer recurring commissions? Maybe this URL can help you:

http://hugo.webzdarma.cz/affiliate-p...sidual-income/