Thread: People I hate:

People I hate:

People I hate, by Alex

I hate people who, after you beat them, claim that they were not trying their best
    I hate people who, after you beat them, claim you were lucky
    I hate people who, after you beat them, claim they got worst race
    I hate people who, after you beat them, claim their too tired
    I hate people who, after you beat them, claim that you cheated
    I hate people who, after you beat them, claim they thought you were a noob so they went easy
    I hate people who, after you beat them, they get pissed off and flip into a wild tangent.

Inspired by Starcraft: BroodWars, After beating a guy and 3 of his friends 1v1.

What people do you hate? And do you agree with my lists? :p

Also, they challenged me and lost :p so...its not the other way around and if they were tired shouldn't have challenged
    Last edited by Wulex; 06-28-2005 at 12:19 AM.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

Poetic inspiration for us all.

love the starcraft... where is starcraft 2 btw???? stupid blizzard

I hate it how people substitute "their" for "they're".

Originally posted by -T{H}R-
    I hate it how people substitute "their" for "they're".
    Agreed -- and I really don't mean to be offensive, either. I just don't see how or why people make these mistakes all the time.

Here's a brief grammar lesson:

There are three different versions of the word that sounds like there. While they are all homophones, each has its own, distinctive meaning that is completely unrelated from the others.

Let's start with the most common uses of there. The word there often refers to a location that isn't here, such as Let's go there or A baby sleeps over there. It can refer to either a specific or general location.

There is also used as a helping verb, to indicate or ask what exists or is present; it is used in conjunction with a conjugated form of the verb be: There are several dogs here.

Now on to their. Quite simply, their refers to objects or things which pertain or belong to a certain person or persons: The soccer players collected their gear after the game.

That was easy. Now, let's try they're. The word they're is simply a contraction of the words they are. So, before you decide to use they're, simply imagine splitting it up into its two original words; for example, They're (-> they are) going to the game tonight.

That's it; pretty simple, huh?

Now, for review:

There: General location; helping verb to refer to objects or people which may or may not exist or be present.

Their: Refers to objects which multiple persons may own.

They're: Simply a contraction of they are.

i thought you were talking about real violence, until i reached the "noob" one.

gamers

I wouldn't really call it a mistake. More of a typo if anything or just apathy really.

When I post, I don't go perfection or anything along those lines. I just pray that it actually makes sense.

Originally posted by inogenius
    I wouldn't really call it a mistake. More of a typo if anything or just apathy really.

When I post, I don't go perfection or anything along those lines. I just pray that it actually makes sense.
    It most likely is apathy more than anything; I highly doubt that Lord would make these kinds of mistakes on a school paper (correct me if I'm wrong, Lord).

I don't go for perfection when I post, but I guess I just have a knack for this sort of stuff. Sorry if I sound like I'm gloating egregiously, but I've always been good at spelling, grammar, and the like. The rest of y'all are most likely better than me in most everything else, so if this is one thing I can claim for myself, let me do so.

The rest of y'all are most likely better than me in most everything else, so if this is one thing I can claim for myself, let me do so
    What apathy, I presume you meant almost everything else ...

Anyway, I am in agreeance.

Originally posted by SniperDevil
    It most likely is apathy more than anything; I highly doubt that Lord would make these kinds of mistakes on a school paper (correct me if I'm wrong, Lord).

I don't go for perfection when I post, but I guess I just have a knack for this sort of stuff. Sorry if I sound like I'm gloating egregiously, but I've always been good at spelling, grammar, and the like. The rest of y'all are most likely better than me in most everything else, so if this is one thing I can claim for myself, let me do so.
    waa waa waa...is there any post you make where you do not try to start an argument?

You need to stop thinking you know everything about everything..it's getting really old and im sure that alot of people agree with me.

^^ I think he clearly pointed out, if you even bothered to read it, that he knows he does not know everything. It is you that is trying to cause trouble.

^^ I think he clearly pointed out, if you even bothered to read it, that he knows he does not know everything. It is you that is trying to cause trouble.
    I actually clicked the quote button for the wrong user, I apologize to you SniperDevil, I meant to quote -T{H}R-.

Re: People I hate:

I may just feel a lot better if I respond this way:
    ... claim that they were not trying their best
    "Gee! Thanks for being polite."
    ... claim you were lucky
    "I don't believe I'm lucky. I'm just ... gifted!"
    ... claim they got worst race
    "Aw ... cheer up. It could have been worse."
    ... claim their too tired
    "No wonder you were sooo slow there."
    ... claim that you cheated
    "Hey! Honest. How could you be so naive?"
    ... claim they thought you were a noob so they went easy
    "Phew! And that was exactly what I thought of you too."
    ... they get pissed off and flip into a wild tangent.
    "Pardon the interlude but may I get myself a cup of coffee? I should be back when you're"

LOL ...
    "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."

Agreed -- and I really don't mean to be offensive, either. I just don't see how or why people make these mistakes all the time.

Here's a brief grammar lesson:

There are three different versions of the word that sounds like there. While they are all homophones, each has its own, distinctive meaning that is completely unrelated from the others.

Let's start with the most common uses of there. The word there often refers to a location that isn't here, such as Let's go there or A baby sleeps over there. It can refer to either a specific or general location.

There is also used as a helping verb, to indicate or ask what exists or is present; it is used in conjunction with a conjugated form of the verb be: There are several dogs here.

Now on to their. Quite simply, their refers to objects or things which pertain or belong to a certain person or persons: The soccer players collected their gear after the game.

That was easy. Now, let's try they're. The word they're is simply a contraction of the words they are. So, before you decide to use they're, simply imagine splitting it up into its two original words; for example, They're (-> they are) going to the game tonight.

That's it; pretty simple, huh?

Now, for review:

There: General location; helping verb to refer to objects or people which may or may not exist or be present.

I hate it when people try to be perfect

What apathy, I presume you meant almost everything else ...

Anyway, I am in agreeance.
    Um, no, I really didn't.

Originally posted by adam
    I actually clicked the quote button for the wrong user, I apologize to you SniperDevil, I meant to quote -T{H}R-.
    No apology necessary. I acknowledge that I often like to argue, but I feel that I don't start arguments senselessly; it might appear that way because I seem to disagree with almost everyone who posts, but I don't... no, really...

Quote Originally Posted by Flumps
    So do I.

Originally posted by adam
    How do I think I know everything? I'm justified in my comment and I sure you have many gripes and complaints that another person would consider petty.

Re: Re: People I hate:

[i]Originally posted by qoheleth [/i]

"Pardon the interlude but may I get myself a cup of coffee? I should be back when you're"

LOL ...
    "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."

Amen.

Originally posted by Flumps

I rely dunt thing there gone git it

I hate:
    Emo's, goth's, punks, people who dislike me, I'll end here.

lol Cserver

lol qoheleth, I'll have to try that sometime

But yeah, about their they're and there...theres a grammar term i think for this thats related to typing only but whatever

i usually don't get them confused, and i do know the differences :p thank you, but its just that when you're typing, and especially on a forum, your usually not opt to read over as carefully, or even at all as you would a paper or a more formal discussion/argument/something
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.