North East Colo?

I'm looking for information on decent colo facilities in the North East. CT, MA, Upstate NY area.

Any info would be great.

Thanks for your time!

I have been very happy with InterNap NY. Are you looking for neutral carrier?
    Reyner Natahamidjaja
    :: Global IP Networks - Tier 3 Data Center and Managed IT Solutions
    :: SSAE 16 SOC-2, PCI and HIPAA Compliant
    :: https://gipnetworks.com

I'm assuming you're avoiding the NYC/NJ metro area. In that case, you may want to talk to Voxel about co-locating in their Albany, NY POP.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

FluidHosting.net is over in the Boston Internap datacenter. FH-Dave is part of Fluid Hosting on these forums if you can get in touch with him.

Originally posted by CyanoX
    FluidHosting.net is over in the Boston Internap datacenter. FH-Dave is part of Fluid Hosting on these forums if you can get in touch with him.

Thanks but the idea of spending $400+ per month for a 1U and 1mbps doesn't really appeal to me..

Richard - Fluidhosting is moving out of their boston location AFAIK - also why do you need northeast?

I'm assuming you want to position your server locations so that you have NE, Central-East, South east (NY, VA, ATL/FL)?
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

Originally posted by The Broadband Man
    Richard - Fluidhosting is moving out of their boston location AFAIK - also why do you need northeast?

I'm assuming you want to position your server locations so that you have NE, Central-East, South east (NY, VA, ATL/FL)?

I'd like to get something close to home. Do you have any idea what we spend per year on shipping?

Greetings:

Host Remote has a data center in Cinnamonson, NJ.

See http://www.hostremote.net/

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

www.nedatavault.com
    check out the lines running in and out of there.

Hostremote seems to have some pretty terrible providers

I wouldn't say terrible. It's pretty decent for the location it is in -- not exactly the best area, especially for such a high-tech datacenter to be located in. I actually never knew there was one so close to me. It's actually about a 40 minute ride from me. Kind of weird because I'm routed first to NY, then to the datacenter. I ping 24 to hostremote.net (40 minutes from me, probably around 20-30 miles away) and I ping 16 to hudsondigital.net (north jersey, 1.5 hours away). A shame I get routed to NY first.

Code:
    |------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |

|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

|                   No response from host -  100 |   27 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|                             10.125.26.1 -    0 |   27 |   27 |    0 |   20 |  109 |   16 |

|ge-6-3-ur01.hammonton.nj.panjde.comcast.net -    0 |   26 |   26 |    0 |   17 |   47 |   15 |

|te-9-1-ur02.turnersville.nj.panjde.comcast.net -    0 |   26 |   26 |    0 |   15 |   16 |   15 |

|te-9-1-ur01.turnersville.nj.panjde.comcast.net -    0 |   26 |   26 |    0 |   16 |   32 |   15 |

|te-9-1-ur01.gloucester.nj.panjde.comcast.net -    0 |   26 |   26 |    0 |   16 |   32 |   15 |

|te-7-3-ar01.audubon.nj.panjde.comcast.net -    0 |   26 |   26 |    0 |   16 |   32 |   15 |

|                            68.86.211.10 -    0 |   26 |   26 |   15 |   26 |  203 |   31 |

|                           12.118.114.17 -    0 |   26 |   26 |   15 |   89 | 1797 |   16 |

|           tbr1-p012301.phlpa.ip.att.net -    0 |   26 |   26 |   15 |   22 |   32 |   16 |

|               tbr1-cl8.n54ny.ip.att.net -    0 |   26 |   26 |   15 |   26 |  141 |   32 |

|              ggr1-p360.n54ny.ip.att.net -    0 |   26 |   26 |   15 |   22 |   78 |   47 |

|                 att-gw.ny.broadwing.net -    0 |   26 |   26 |   15 |   27 |   78 |   31 |

|                           216.140.10.30 -    0 |   26 |   26 |   15 |   29 |   93 |   16 |

|                             67.98.90.58 -    0 |   26 |   26 |   15 |   37 |  109 |   31 |

|                      www.hostremote.net -    0 |   26 |   26 |   31 |   38 |   62 |   47 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
    Last edited by CyanoX; 06-28-2005 at 11:25 PM.

it's not weird that you go to NYC first as that's where the closest pop probably is

But actually, I think Broadwing has a POP in Philadelphia, which is about 10 minutes from Cinaminson...

CT, MA, Upstate NY area.
    I take it that you don't want anything in NYC metro area?
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

Originally posted by FHDave
    I take it that you don't want anything in NYC metro area?
    We have plenty of options in NYC. Thanks

Boston is a good place for colo if you want northeast reachability. I don;t think colocating at CT or NH, VT, ME, will be of any benefits. It's not like that every city/datacenter in these states will be peering places for ISPs or major POPs for porviders. I bet if you colo in CT (for example), a traffic from ISP in CT will still be routed towards NYC before it's routed back to CT. In fact, if you colo in Boston, I will guess traffic from CT will still be routed to NYC before it's routed back to Boston. Or if you colo in say, NH, then traffic from NH will be routed to Boston before it's routed back to NH. Anyway, I have seen some of these traceroutes. Make sure you pick your place correctly. For NE reachability, I would suggest Boston since it's a major POPs for quite a few providers. Other than Boston, may as well colo in NYC metro.
    Last edited by FHDave; 06-29-2005 at 11:13 PM.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

Thanks for the tips Dave. Now maybe if you could cut me a good deal we could all be happy

Dave, i thought you said you were moving your Boston cabinets to Secaucus

We're going to maintain some space at Boston, however we are moving most things over to Secaucus.

Ah I see - thanks for clearing that up John

Not sure if this is far enough north for you, but we have client that has their primary hosting in NYC and hosts their backup/ disaster recovery site at SavvyNetworks. Apparently it's an hour or two north of NYC in Tarrytown, NY. I checked out their site--pricing seems decent for colo and they use Internap transit (presumably backhauled to their NYC POP).

In Vermont, you can try Telcove, they have a facility in S Burlington. Patricia.Masnyk is my contact there. Very basic colo is available.

Bob
    Quotecolo