Image Hosting Script like imageshack.us

i am looking for an image hosting script that works like imageshack.us .. i have seen many image hosting scripts but none that create thumbnails for forums...

anyone know of anything? Thanks

noone knows of any? ;/

What kind of advice is that?

If a person could build their own script to do this why would they be here asking about one?

Originally posted by JHosts
    This is the wrong forum, but why not build your own?
    There is no need to say it is the wrong forum, you make the moderators work twice as hard, simply report it, he'll learn when he can't find it, and has to look in the correct forum. You're making them delete the replies that are saying its the wrong forum. Simply report it.
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog

thats for sure...if i knew php, or had the desire to learn it i would and do it myself. unfortunately that is nothing that is in my realm of learning, i am a designer...Thanks though.

its the web host lounge, i am trying to find out about scripts, im not requesting a service to be done or offering one...

Have you searched through hotscripts.com?

It really isn't that hard to build your own image upload and gallery script.

If you're using PHP, I'll give you a hint: http://www.php.net/manual/en/index.php

In all honesty, my language of choice, Python, can get this done much faster. Check out Python's official website.

Good luck.

EDIT:

I see you've just posted saying you are just a designer. In that case, the above advice may or may not apply. Hotscripts might just be your best bet.

Originally posted by blue27
    Have you searched through hotscripts.com?
    yes i have, i have found plenty of image hosting scripts etc..but they are all lacking one feature i like about imageshack which is the thumbnail it creates to post on message boards etc that links to the full page.

If it's so easy why don't you whip a good one up and show us all SniperDevil.

Originally posted by bgolat
    yes i have i have found plenty of image hosting scripts etc..but they are all lacking one feature i like about imageshack which is the thumbnail it creates to post on message boards etc that links to the full page.

What kind of budget do you have.

Perhaps you could put in a request at Devlance.com or Scriptlance.com or somewhere similar.

heh, also about posting in wrong forum, i read through them all and this was the forum that seemed more layed back and off topic a bit...

"Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to above or below forums."

this is just general conversation im curious if people know of or have used any scripts....

What kind of budget do you have.

Perhaps you could put in a request at Devlance.com or Scriptlance.com or somewhere similar.
    yeah i just made a project on scriptlance but i have used that in the past and wasnt too happy on the outcome i try to stay away from that place

It's not the wrong forum.
    There are requests all the time for information about scripts.

Don't worry about some here. They spend too much time trying to prove how smart they are without ever giving any evidence.

I wasn't the one asking for help, was I? I simply said that it isn't that hard to make one, not that I'd be willing to do it for him/her.

Hosting Software and Control Panels
    Software used in the web hosting industry. Topics include control panels, add-on software, setup scripts, etc.
    That is the correct forum, notice Image Hosting script.
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog

Originally posted by SniperDevil
    I wasn't the one asking for help, was I? I simply said that it isn't that hard to make one, not that I'd be willing to do it for him/her.

I didn't say make one for him/her.

You made a claim that it is easy to make one.

I would like you to put your money where your mouth is and show us all.

well i found my own solution just now finally... so if anyone is interested in a script like the one i requested this is pretty close:

http://scriptsnmore.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3

Thanks bgolat. That will save a lot of people a lot of time reading the entire PHP manual and learning how to program.

Originally posted by Tyler
    That is the correct forum, notice Image Hosting script.
    I don't think an image hosting script has anything to do with web hosting; it's just a "script".

Quote Originally Posted by blue27
    Hmm, you didn't? What was this:

A bit contradictory from what you said above...

There are many things that are easy for some people, and not for others. If it was easy for him to do, he would not have asked.
    Sheesh.

Not everybody sits around and learns to program.

I don't think an image hosting script has anything to do with web hosting; it's just a "script".

Hmm, you didn't? What was this:

A bit contradictory from what you said above...
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

Perhaps you are a little sleepy.

Where does it say to make a script for the thread starter?

As I said in my later post which you didn't seem to understand, I would like to see you produce such a script that you claim is so easy to produce.

I fail to see any contradiction in my posts.

Put your money where your mouth is.
    It's a very simple concept.

You can do it can't you?

I think this kindergarten playground bickering is over.

Oops, dug yourself too deep a hole this time eh?

This reminds me of a saying from when I was younger: "Hire a teenager... while they still know everything"

I'll take that as a no.

If you can't walk the walk, don't talk the talk.

Things are not so easy and cut and dry when you can't just copy and paste your argument eh?

It's not the wrong forum.
    There are requests all the time for information about scripts.

Don't worry about some here. They spend too much time trying to prove how smart they are without ever giving any evidence.
    You may see it as proving how smart you are, but I see it as making the forum a better place. If posts were all out of place and in the wrong forums, you wouldn't be able to find the valueable help you're looking for. And yes this IS the wrong forum. This is a post about programming, and therefore belongs in the Programming Forum

Does every thread always have to become a debate? It seems like WHT is the place where people come to want to always want to try show someone else up or put someone down.

Originally posted by Rob83
    Does every thread always have to become a debate? It seems like WHT is the place where people come to want to always want to try show someone else up or put someone down.
    /me whistles innocently.

You may see it as proving how smart you are, but I see it as making the forum a better place. If posts were all out of place and in the wrong forums, you wouldn't be able to find the valueable help you're looking for. And yes this IS the wrong forum. This is a post about programming, and therefore belongs in the Programming Forum

Just because you mis-interpret a post does not make it the wrong forum.

This is not a request to have a script made.
    It is an open question as to whether anyone knows of an existing script.

I suggest all the posters in this thread listen to this: http://demand1.stream.aol.com/ramgen..._be_friends.rm

Just because you mis-interpret a post does not make it the wrong forum.

This is not a request to have a script made.
    It is an open question as to whether anyone knows of an existing script.
    A request to have a script mad would go in the "Employment Offers and Requests" forum, not the programming forum. The programming forum is to DISCUSS various programming languages and scripts.

A request to have a script mad would go in the "Employment Offers and Requests" forum, not the programming forum. The programming forum is to DISCUSS various programming languages and scripts.
    A *mad* script could go in a variety of places. However, it is in the Lounge, in case anybody is lost.

So do i take it that sniperdevil although explaining how terribly easy an image script is to do cannot/willnot make one, why not do one in your language of choice [python] as according to you it is easier than doing one in php.

I am not trying to be difficult but you need to back these statements up.....

Originally posted by ichris
    I suggest all the posters in this thread listen to this: http://demand1.stream.aol.com/ramgen..._be_friends.rm
    I would but real player sucks. Why can't people understand windows media player rules the world!!

just trying to start another debate...all joking here

It really isn't that hard to build your own image upload and gallery script.

If you're using PHP, I'll give you a hint: http://www.php.net/manual/en/index.php

In all honesty, my language of choice, Python, can get this done much faster. Check out Python's official website.

Good luck.

EDIT:

I see you've just posted saying you are just a designer. In that case, the above advice may or may not apply. Hotscripts might just be your best bet.

oh boy not the "python is all mighty and great" reply again. First off the script at http://www.scriptsnmore.com is far from easy. There are a ton of add-ons being done and updated almost every day. This project has been a working battle for almost 3 weeks. It's not as "easy" as you would claim it is.

Also keep in mind "easy" is not always what other may consider it to be. I'm sure your not "perfect" at everything so try to be a little "easier" on others when they ask for help..... shesshhhhh.