Talking Targeted Visitors

I want to purchase targeted visitors for my company to test it out and see how it goes. wha companies do you guys recommend and what do I need to know about these companies if anything?

So many companies are offering targeted traffic to your website, it’s hard to recommend which one is better.

My suggestion is to select those companies that guarantee targeted campaigns which have mostly the unique visitors, insuring those visitors are not popups or popunders.

You must have also in-depth assessment of where traffic is coming from.

If you are referring to these schemes such as '100 visitors for $1.95', then dont use them In my opinion, they are not effective.
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

we use google for targeted traffic. Good targeted traffic cost money

I just tried one and was very unimpressed, they don't convert on any level really and this is after several tries with different sites.
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

Originally posted by bwb
    I just tried one and was very unimpressed, they don't convert on any level really and this is after several tries with different sites.
    How did you try and convert them?
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

Originally posted by tonymaclennan1
    If you are referring to these schemes such as '100 visitors for $1.95', then dont use them In my opinion, they are not effective.

I never ever recommend such cheap non effective method. My view is to look for a effective method to generate targeted traffic like google, and probably through other mode which might be overlooked by the competitors.

Originally posted by tonymaclennan1
    lol its more like 1,000 visitors for $1.95
    For the most part these schemes don't work. These schemes simply use up bandwidith. Although maybe one in 1,000,000 might sign up for you.

I keep getting told I can sign up ten trillion people to a list like that for free, by email. Am I the only lucky person who gets that offer?
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

Originally posted by MH-Gary
    How did you try and convert them?
    Couple ways, one way I tried to target what they claimed were web masters with some webmaster articles and tools, second was a hosting company, had a special page for them that tried to grab just generic attention in regards to starting a blog for cheap, third was just trying to build up some forum visits for a religious forum...

Out of 10k to 40k on each of those nobody clicked on anything besides the close button,

anyone else had better results?
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

Originally posted by E_man3
    lol its more like 1,000 visitors for $1.95
    For the most part these schemes don't work. These schemes simply use up bandwidith. Although maybe one in 1,000,000 might sign up for you.
    Thats more like it...

I tried goClick.com advertising with no luck. i spent about $30 with a CPC of about 16 cents (Rank 1), received about 180 clicks but no sales. After spendng this, I was informed that alot of click frau takes place.
    I no longer use Google Adwords, the CPC are VERY VERY high.

There are little methods of advertising that are effective. My most effective one was eBay but that is not very good these days. I no longer sell on ebay as they seemed to have charged me an extra 60 Pounds for a Featured webstore after I closed it...problem still not sorted.

What methods does everybody else use?

what companies do you guys recommend?