Uploading Stream to Server

Hey, I'm looking for a solution to my problem. Currently I run on a cable modem, but I know this won't be enough to serve a stream to multiple users as it's under 500Kb/s. So thats why I raise this issue. I want to distibute a stream through my server, but don't want to arrange playlists and such on the server. Rather I want to send the stream from my computer only to the server, then have the server do what it does best - serve up information. I'm sure there's some software out there for this, but I've had no luck so far. Thanks ahead for any help.

What's the streaming protocol? Most streaming servers support live broadcasts. You'll run a client package, which connects to the server that rebroadcasts the stream to others.

Thanks for your reply. I will most likely use .mp3 or .wav format (is that what you meant my streaming protocal?) Can you recommend any hosting companies who run streaming server? And any good client packages I should take a look at?

PacketAce
    Because packets were meant to be delivered.
    Premium Mzima Bandwith at Equinix - Secaucus, NJ

If you are looking at MP3 streaming, find someone that does Shoutcast hosting. Winamp has an output plugin for broadcasting to it.