Thread: Connections

Connections

Hi,
    Can you get a 10MB broadband connection?
    If so does anyone know who is the best?

Thanks

Let me guess.. you are looking to host a server with your broadband connection. The server relys on the upstream which isn't much larger than 5mbits on any connection.

www.verizonfios.com
    www.optimumonline.com

Thanks,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Yes i might have 5 servers, so whats best?
    Also how do people like managed or theplanet offer 10 or 100MB connections?

The best is *not* to even host any servers at your home. Those data centers just buy bandwidth in bulk and make Gigabit commits as a result. Don't even think about hosting servers at your house and selling hosting on them. that's just about the worst anyone can do.

Thanks,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

<snipped>

WHY? Our isp has given us a 2MB connection and unlimited bandwidth

Do you know how slow your internet connection will be after a while, you will
    max out all your bandwidth. The Planet spend many hundreds of thousands a month.

Originally posted by jm-computers
    WHY? Our isp has given us a 2MB connection and unlimited bandwidth
    That's not 2MB up, that's down.

Thanks,

i know, but my isp says my bandwidth is unlimited, is it really unlimted?

How do you get 10MB up?

Unlimited does not exist. Your isp means unmetered. You will have X Mbit upload and you can use them 100% 24 hours per day.

isnt there something like cognetco?
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.