Thread: Domain naming

Hybrid View

Domain naming

In your own opinion what do you consider to be to long of domain name? 20 characters? 30 characters? Do you just base it off of how catchy the domain name is?

Whether a domain is "long" or not depends not only on the number of characters, but also the number of words as well as that of syllables. But then 20ish letters are a bit long.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

thats what im thinking too.

My friend wanted "Daretothinkdifferent.com" and he want me to build a website for him so i just registered it for him. Its kinda catchy but still to long imo. My reason why I was asking.

Well usually you want a simple name so people can remember it for there next visit. Like if its a simple name like scarymonkey (my friends media site) your going to remember it.

Originally posted by setrahosting
    Well usually you want a simple name so people can remember it for there next visit. Like if its a simple name like scarymonkey (my friends media site) your going to remember it.
    Well I guess thats was his thinking with "DareToThinkDifferent". :-/

Not more than 3 words domain name

It's not only the number of characters but also the number of words ( if there are actual words and not a new created word )
    Anything above 3 words must not be discussed at all

In your example the domain has 4 words. You should better get another extension rather registering this domain name

Generally speaking domains up to 14 max are ok