Thread: which domain ?

which domain ?

Either:

www.eHostingComplete.com

OR

www.YourAccount.co.uk

Which do you prefer?
    Feel free to critisice, I want as many opinions as possible.
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

www.eHostingComplete.com

It's a .com...wins over a .co.uk!
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

Originally posted by affordahost
    www.eHostingComplete.com

It's a .com...wins over a .co.uk!
    Not if you're a UK company.

Both names are pretty awful to be honest. Check my available domains blog (see sig), I did a list of available hosting domains a few weeks ago, there might still be a few good names available on the list...

I must agree with jayl, the names are both too long and their meaning are not really specific.
    PutFile.io Disrupting traditional file hosting.
    █ Signup Early and enjoy Unlimited space/bandwidth for your files hosting, Forever!
    █ No Ads.
    █ No Countdowns.

Thanks for your input.

I do agree, they are both c**p but to find a decent, short, and rememberable domain name is so hard.

Originally posted by tonymaclennan1
    Thanks for your input.

I do agree, they are both c**p but to find a decent, short, and rememberable domain name is so hard.
    It's not as difficult as you might think. It all depends on your intentions. If you want a domain that will get type-in traffic that you can sell on without developing a site and make a good profit on it, then yes it is difficult! But if you're looking for a domain that will be for a company website or that you plan to develop and sell later then it's not so hard, you just have to be original and be prepared to put a lot of work into it.

For example, if you were to market it right, you could register something like "bdhosting.com" (bull dog hosting, best deals hosting, bright day hosting) and it could be very successful. Just to point out, I haven't checked if bdhosting.com is available, but I'm just using it as an example of what can be done.

Don't get down about it. Finding domains is only hard if you make it hard on yourself by restricting yourself to finding instantly lucrative domains. I'd say 99% of the domains registered daily hold little value right there and then. But if the owner goes ahead and develops a good site for it, markets it well and gets a good level of traffic, that domain leaps in value and becomes profitable.

So, good luck finding a suitable domain and let us know how you get on!

J.

Although that is a good point, it depends on ho imaginative you are and how you see domains.

I am no good at thinking of good domain names, I found your website very useful (in signature), I just hope you dont manually write these out and that it is a feed ?

Well I can't afford to keep posting them anymore so I've stopped posting to it I'm afraid!

Don't worry about thinking you're unimaginative, once you do research on a domain I'm sure you'll come across words that can be used. Invest in a good dictionary and thesaurus and use that to help you with thinking of words. Everyone has an imagination!

Good luck!

J.

Originally posted by jayl
    Well I can't afford to keep posting them anymore so I've stopped posting to it I'm afraid!
    As domains are registered/deleted all the time, it would be hard to keep the list updated.
    You may probably be better of using an XML feed from somewhere else.

I have just registered a new domain name.

What do you think of this one?

It is: linuxhostinguk.com

This name is specific and in my opinion rememberable...
    ...BUT, what does everybody else think of this one ?

Again, feel free to crisicise (or compliment )

LinuxHostingUK...

It's good if you host websites on a Linux server and are based in the UK (which you probably are).

I would reccommend LinuxHosting.co.uk but that's already been taken.

Good luck with it!

Originally posted by Mniphtiik
    LinuxHostingUK...

It's good if you host websites on a Linux server and are based in the UK (which you probably are).
    Yes, Linux servers, UK company.

Originally posted by Mniphtiik
    I would reccommend LinuxHosting.co.uk but that's already been taken.
    [/B]
    I would like Hosting.co.uk... BUT it will never happen

It's a shame really. But better than some thing like linux-hosting-for-you-for-a-cheap-price-uk.com which could be the best you can get in 5 year's time.

What you need is a nice .eu domain for it (as soon as you can get one) - you could even get hosting.eu if you were VERY lucky!

It's not a bad domain by any means. I doubt you'd get much for it from a reseller, an end user may be interested though (if someone had windowshostinguk.com or dedicatedserversuk.com they might want it). It's a good domain if you intend on starting a Linux hosting company in the UK, as stated above.

Good luck with it!

Originally posted by jayl
    It's not a bad domain by any means. I doubt you'd get much for it from a reseller, an end user may be interested though (if someone had windowshostinguk.com or dedicatedserversuk.com they might want it). It's a good domain if you intend on starting a Linux hosting company in the UK, as stated above.

Good luck with it!
    I already run a Linux hosting company