Looking for new hosting..

Hello,

I was refered to this site from Phpbb.com

I have a website and would like to change hosting. I currently have 7gig online storeage and 75gig bandwidth. I have access to my site through a Cpanel.

I pay $10 a month for the service.

The problem I seem to have is that:
    - Id like more of everything, storage and bandwidth for less that 12 a month.
    - They dont have live support. It seems that 50% of the time they take a day to get back with me and the other %50 they get back with right way.

Can anyone recommend another company that would offer these servics for about the same price and have quality service??

Thanks...

Andrew

How much space and bandwidth are you ACTUALLY using?

Trust me, if all you're doing is running a forum you wouldn't even need 500MB, nevermind 7GB. At the price you're paying now, you're lucky to get ANY support.

Thanks,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

I agree with elix. The price you are paying is low for the amount of storage / traffic you are getting, and that is why it's showing through your host's technical support. I would say, if you absolutely need to have that much storage, consider raising your price and you will increase your chances of finding a host that offers better support. If you don't have the money, consider ways to make more money from your site.
    SolidState - Open Source Billing Solution for Web Hosts

Re: Looking for new hosting..

Originally posted by TheProvider
    Hello,

I was refered to this site from Phpbb.com

I have a website and would like to change hosting. I currently have 7gig online storeage and 75gig bandwidth. I have access to my site through a Cpanel.

I pay $10 a month for the service.

The problem I seem to have is that:
    - Id like more of everything, storage and bandwidth for less that 12 a month.
    - They dont have live support. It seems that 50% of the time they take a day to get back with me and the other %50 they get back with right way.

Can anyone recommend another company that would offer these servics for about the same price and have quality service??

Thanks...

Andrew
    If you're acting using that much bandwidth/disk space, I'd look into getting a reseller account or VPS.
    Small Business Web Hosting with DOT45
    24/7/365 Technical Support; Windows Shared Environment; ColdFusion MX, ASP.NET, PHP, MS SQL, MySQL, Online Store Software, SiteBuilder, Secure Webmail via IlohaMail

You mention having 7GB of space with your account and you'd like more...just curious, are you actually using all that space or just looking for a good price per MB?

Anthony
    Web Feat, Inc. - since 1997
    http://www.webfeathost.com

webfeat,

Originally posted by elix
    No need to play the broken records - there are music shops everywhere!
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

What could you possibly need 7gb of storage space for?
    PacketAce
    Because packets were meant to be delivered.
    Premium Mzima Bandwith at Equinix - Secaucus, NJ

Originally posted by HP-David
    No need to play the broken records - there are music shops everywhere!
    And you can even buy online!

To the OP: As people have said, base it on what you're actually using. As the price per MB / GB goes down, usually the quality of the services and especially support do as well (not in all cases, but most). Keep this in mind when shopping around because it will determine whether you'll be shopping again in 2 months, again.

Good luck!
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

Originally posted by elix

Trust me, if all you're doing is running a forum you wouldn't even need 500MB, nevermind 7GB. At the price you're paying now, you're lucky to get ANY support.

Thanks,

It really depends on the forums. It may have certain modifications that lets users upload files, or things of that sort. So it does depend on the user, and although its not good to overbuy, its also good to have a little extra.
    Phlint! Web Media [http://phlint.com]
    [email protected]

Okay... well at this point ive not heard a single hosting company or site to reference hosting compaines...

Again," Can anyone recommend another company that would offer these servics for about the same price and have quality service?? "

Well, a lot of the hosting companies here can not give you direct urls. Look in the hosting offers section.
    [email protected]

Ahh.. best advice ive heard all day, thanks..

Originally posted by TheProvider
    Okay... well at this point ive not heard a single hosting company or site to reference hosting compaines...

Again," Can anyone recommend another company that would offer these servics for about the same price and have quality service?? "

And to answer your query - no I cannot recommend ANYONE who'd sell service at such a low price because simple fact of the matter is, if they're selling this cheap, something is gonna suck, uptime, support response time, something is gonna piss you off because that price isn't a price where you can provide that kinda space and bandwidth and good service and uptime at the same time.

For "more than 7 gigs" space and "more than 75" gigs bandwidth and -reliable uptime- and -fast response times- heck I'd add a 0 onto that $10 (ok maybe not that much, but I wouldn't trust any offers much below the $30 point).

Edit - and really $50+ is where I'd look for GOOD service, GOOD uptime and a provider that won't end up making you mad when they shut you down for "overusing cpu resources" or other such nonsense.

Simple fact is a forum using more than 30 or 40 gigs per month in bandwidth is gonna kick the crap outta most shared servers and need to really be on a dedicated server or a shared server with very few other domains sharing the server with it.
    Last edited by 2Grumpy; 06-27-2005 at 06:59 PM.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Yes, thats true. There are a lot of large companies that have great prices but their support is terrible. It is good to go with smaller companies in many ways because you can get to know most of the administration and they can help you directly, which in many cases is much better.
    [email protected]

TheProvider: You must understand that web hosts are NOT allowed to recommend themselves here.
    Also, my comment on your post is that you are NOT going to get more space + bandwidth than you already have, for anything like $10/month, with any quality whatsoever. If you want any decent support, be prepared to pay substantially more.
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic