Have anyone experienced an account setting up dalay?

I just signed up an account with a hosting which, I saw, is often recommend to and fro throught the boards.
    I signed up on Thursday and the billing message arrived on the same day,then later on the same day, I recieved an account setting delay message said my account was to be setting up on Friday because they are waiting for a brand new server to be installed ,then Saturday went by and arrived another apology and said the delay is continueing and if I decide to wait,my account would be setting up tomorrow with a credit of a month refund,so I replied I'd wait,then Sunday, arrived a message said the delay was to an end,my account would be setting up tomorrow.
    And now Monday is passing by!!!It's already 5 days of waiting!!
    Has anyone experienced this? Is it normal or is it something to beware of ?
    Now I'm still waiting for my account to be set up!
    Should I change my mind now and go to other hosting and call for refund or should I wait? They said if I wait,they'd give me a credit of one month refund,should this be trustable?
    Since I've very few experiences with the hosting,so I don't know if the delay is kind of normal problem which every hosting must have had or kind of awareness that a hosting doesn't have enough supply of the servers?
    But the response of the staffs is very quick and I like it when my message was replied that quick,which is why I come for an advise.
    A hosting with very quick response but very slow setting up.
    Any idea,anyones?

Oh,mistake!!wrong spelling!!
    Now let me fix...
    "Has anyone experinced an account setting up delay?"
    OK. Fixed!! Apologize to everyone!!

Well, considering on Thursday they said your account would be available Friday and then on Saturday and then on Sunday and nothing ever happened, I wouldn't exactly be waiting for the free month.

It seems like, so far, the only thing you've gotten is a free week...or I should say a week free of service!

A good host would have you setup within 24 hours, no later, especially if you're a reseller. I would continue searching for a reliable host.

Thanks,
    Anthony
    Web Feat, Inc. - since 1997
    http://www.webfeathost.com

Can you tell us, which hosting company is it?
    After the billing message the account should be open in few hours maximum.

In my opinion you should ask for refund and tell them to contact you when they complete everything they have to do in order to setup accounts in 24 hours.
    About-Webhosting
    Everything you need to know about web hosting business..
    Realible and low-cost web hosting..
    30 Day Money Back Guarantee & Paypal Accepted

If I were you I would at least stick with them for a month. I mean every host has delays like this, however it would have been better for them to delay sales until it was installed, but sometimes that's just how the cookie crumbles.

It's not about how they "got hit" (had a problem), it's all about how they recover that counts. I would take a host that recovers in a day over a host that stays down for a week any time.

Give them a chance, see how it goes. If it doesn't work out, then keep looking for the right host. If it does work out, you'll be glad you stayed a little to try it! They gave you some credit to apologize for the mistake, at least they gave you that much.

Hope this helps, and good luck!
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

The way they speak to you helps you to decide what to do.
    They might not have answered your e-mails or phones, they might have said you have no right due to T.o.s or etc.
    The way they apologize is in my opinion deserved one more chance from you

If you really feel that you have no desire to go on with them, we are here to help you
    About-Webhosting
    Everything you need to know about web hosting business..
    Realible and low-cost web hosting..
    30 Day Money Back Guarantee & Paypal Accepted

Originally posted by atshosting
    If you really feel that you have no desire to go on with them, we are here to help you
    A psychologist by chance? We are here to help you! Comfort you .. Assist yo-bah.

Just at least sleep on it, that's the first thing to do Don't just jump to another one right away.
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

Wow....just a night over and I recieved such a lot of advises WHT is really the right place to land when facing a problem...Oooh
    Now I come to update the event...late on Monday,though I went asleep waiting too long, finally the Welcome Message arrived and informed my account's setting up is completed.
    Because I don't have much experience about hosting,so I was just bewildered and wait..!!And maybe because they kept messaging me, so I wait...and I tried not to be angry because they said that refered to thier standard,they refused to set a new client on a full server.(They seemed to have not enough supply of servers but maybe I could believe ,that in future, my space,too, won't be interrupted from a new client.)
    Now I've taken the positive advises to give the host a chance and stay at least for a month.
    And now I'll go to have a look of what inside my account and I'll keep you all updated time by time.
    If it goes well hence, I'd take this experience as an unfortunated event. If it not,I'll surely find another right hosting.
    Now should I tell you which hosting it is?
    What if one of the staff also is reading and then I'd recieve extra treatments which'd distort the truth.
    Maybe I should try for a month and come back with a reveiw of this host. Any idea?

Originally posted by RefreshNet
    If I were you I would at least stick with them for a month. I mean every host has delays like this, however it would have been better for them to delay sales until it was installed, but sometimes that's just how the cookie crumbles.
    Yes,I agree that they would have done better to delay sales untill the new server was installed. Or maybe they did halt sales,but I unfortunately jumped into the crumbled cookie and they had no chance but accepted me.

Now I come back!!!
    Still have problem!!! I couldn't even log in to my account,both WHM and Cpanel!!!
    After posted in thier forum,I was informed to open a ticket,there I went and the answer was my domain couldn't be found on the server!!!!! Very good!! Now what!!??
    Does every host has such the problem,too?
    Or it's time to move now? I'm already way too long out off schedule!!

I think it's best you move now as that isn't sounding too well that 'your domain doesn't exist on the server'. Have you waited for the domains to resolve first, though?

Thanks,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

As I said earlier, you should have probably started looking for another host after a couple days of broken promises. Did they ever place a call to you? A personal contact would have been nice here, but not all hosts will do that.

Anthony
    Web Feat, Inc. - since 1997
    http://www.webfeathost.com

my domain couldn't be found on the server!!!!!
    Interesting answer. I believe that waiting for 7 days is more than enough and I can hardly imagine what can delay things so long. Certainly some things did not work as they should have.

If I were you I think I would cancel, ask for a refund and find another host (and now ask how fast the account will be setup prior to paying them ). But that's just me...

That sounds a bit much to go wrong before you've even started. Maybe they are a good host, just having bad luck. In any case, if I were you...I'd move on.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Isarah is with a very good reseller host, I won't name names but it's a highly respected company (you could search my previous posts you'll probably figure it out) and not at all your typical fly-by-night.

The delay in setting up wasn't handled the best, but from what I read in the host in question's forums it looks like he is all sorted out now. Isarah is also a beginner and some of the later trouble I believe was due to this.

I'm pretty sure that Isarah will be very happy with his choice, most people are.