Game Server Help Needed

From GameServerNews.com (Which is inactive but has some REALLY good info to learn how to install your own game server and configure your linux without control panel)

This says is to restart the game server, but, "screen" says it's a command that does not exist. I use CentOS 4.

#!/bin/sh
    screen -r clan101 -X quit
    echo Server has been restarted
    screen -dmS clan101 ./srcds_run -game cstrike +ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx +maxplayers 12 +exec server.cfg +map de_dust2
    Thanks & Regards.

Run this:
    yum install screen

Long live CentOS!
    "When a man begins to doubt himself, he does something incredibly stupid and thereby is reassured."
    ::http://www.dustytech.net/:: Personal Website

Weeeee, thank you!

YES! Long live CentOS! =D

is Servermatrix's "silver" management plan considered as a "managed" server? If it is, how is it compared to the management level of layeredtech?
    ozdoc.com
    Taiwan independence!!!
    Go Sydney Swans!!!

I don't know but I got my server yesterday at layeredtech and I'm learning it all by myself and tutorials. I just had to do 1 hard core reboot because I messed something and it was done fast and worked well. =) Just having network issues, latency is pretty high now. Not sure why. It wasn't like this this morning neither all the others days I've used it.

By the way, anyone knows what "No screen session found" means and how can I fix it?
    Last edited by LucasGE; 06-27-2005 at 12:18 PM.

what command are you trying to run when you get that error?

Are you logged in as root, or as a added user ?

Originally posted by allanh
    is Servermatrix's "silver" management plan considered as a "managed" server? If it is, how is it compared to the management level of layeredtech?
    LayeredTech is unmanaged.
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: [email protected]

Originally posted by LucasGE
    Anyone knows what "No screen session found" means and how can I fix it?
    Judging by your code, I would say that you get that error the first time you start your gameserver. The first command line on your script stops a current running server it looks like. Since there was no server running it would give that error, the other lines should start the server. check with "ps x"

#!/bin/sh
    screen -r clan101 -X quit
    echo Server has been restarted
    screen -dmS clan101 ./srcds_run -game cstrike +ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx +maxplayers 12 +exec server.cfg +map de_dust2

Tried root and added user.

Yes, I did cange all to my info on that command tho.

Originally posted by hoststylez
    Judging by your code, I would say that you get that error the first time you start your gameserver. The first command line on your script stops a current running server it looks like. Since there was no server running it would give that error, the other lines should start the server. check with "ps x"
    I have a server running, this command also gives me that error:
    #!/bin/sh
    screen -r server1 -X quit
    echo Server has been stopped

and the server is running

I think it got fixed now.