Available 24x7 is currently seeking applications from experienced, dedicated and reliable level 1 and 2 support technicians to provide helpdesk ticket support to customers. Three to five full-time and part-time positions are available. Desired start date is July 18, 2005.
Interested applicants should meet the following criteria before applying to this position:
- Must be 18 years of age or older;
- Must be fluent in the English language (written and spoken);
- Must possess strong communication skills;
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and quickly assess and solve situations as they arise;
- Must be able to work individually, while being team-oriented;
Qualified applicants must possess the following skills in order to be considered for this position:
- Experience offering technical support solutions to shared, Resellers and dedicated server Web hosting customers in a Unix/Linux environment running cPanel/WHM;
- Familiarity with helpdesk programs such as Kayako eSupport, Cerberus Helpdesk and/or PerlDesk;
- In-depth knowledge of DNS (bind), Email, HTML and CSS.
- Knowledge of Apache handlers and modules, Exim, mySQL, openSSH, FrontPage, Mailman, IMAP, SSL;
- Knowledge of any of the following third-party scripts and software: phpBB, SiteStudio, WordPress, Movable Type, Mambo;
- Must be able assist clients with script installs, Email and FTP issues, site errors, and configuration questions regarding FrontPage, HTML and basic Web design;
- Knowledge of Java, JSP (Tomcat), PHP (Perl), Python, and/or Windows Server is a plus;
- Experience with ModernBill, ClientExec, and/or WHM-AutoPilot is a plus.
The following shifts are available:
- 12:00 am to 6:00 am EST
- 6:00 am to 12:00 pm EST
- 8:00 am to 4:00 pm EST
- 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm EST
- 10:00 pm to 2:00 am EST
About Available 24x7
Available 24x7 (http://available247.net) was launched in late-May as an alternative to high-priced outsourced ticket support. Our customers range in size from small to large Web hosting companies who are seeking a reliable and friendly solution to provide or supplement their helpdesk staffing needs. Due to unforeseen events and circumstances, we were forced to close abruptly.
Since that time, the demand for our services remained unchanged. Because of this, we have been working diligently to build a stable company that will be able to survive. We believe that our company is a viable solution to the Web hosting community, and we are looking for individuals that feel the same, and would like to grow with the company.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and availability.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter, resume, salary requirements, references and shift preferences (first and second choice) to [email protected] by no later than July 1, 2005. If any of the above information is omitted from your application, you will not be considered.
Please provide this information as a PDF (one document), if possible.
If you have any specific questions, please email [email protected], as inquiries will not be addressed within this thread. Please do not send applications to this particular email address. It will be ignored.