Thread: My Own IPs

Question My Own IPs

I am looking to purchase colo space in a DC that will allow me to have my OWN IP allocation. Is this possible ?
    RIght now I am faced with the problem that savvy customers renting my servers lookup the assigned IPs and they know I am just renting space in a DC that is not mine. I am looking to purchase my own IPs and have them setup in a colo DC.
    Anybody willing to assist me on this ?

Flint, Michigan
    Check out for information on purchasing your own IPs. I don't know details because I have never done it. You aren't lying on your site saying you own your own datacenter though are you?
    Mike from
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at

I use and it has a very good service.

Dont hijack the IP's

Ontario, Canada
    I don't see the big deal if a client knows that you are colo your servers in a DC. A good DC is expenisive and the major of hosts couldn't afford that. I'd had see savvis there then some thing leading to a home IP address, cause you have them in your closet in your house and call that a DC.

Now if you were a reseller of a reseller of a reseller that rents a server from a server company that then colos there servers in a DC I could see that being an issue.