Ezzi.net Is A Joke

there server seems OK, but there support is ridiculous? I asked them for their name servers. I created the ticket 4 hours ago. They sent me the IP but not the NS. I called their support and the guy told me "I DON'T KNOW" and asked me to e-mail sales?

I can't run my company with support like that. It's terrible

Carlos

Do they offer DNS hosting as a part of their service aggrement to you?

I wanted THEIR name servers. every webhost company can give you that. Actually I think they are very new to VPS because their online support people can't answer any questions

I think they are expecting you to setup your own DNS and nameservers on a VPS service.

They should of told him that then..

that may be so, but not being able to tell me that is pretty inexcusable. Why should support on the phone ask me to send an e-mail to sales?

Seriously, stay away from these guys. I had a problem with my initial VPS (everything quit responding) and after two days they decided to "fix" my VPS by giving me a brand new one - except for the fact that they erased all of my old data.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=418195

Re: Ezzi.net Is A Joke

I had a horrible experience with them about a year ago.

I was charged two times for $200, both of which were unauthorized. It was a mess dealing with their support!

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." - Albert Einstein

lol This is kinda funny...I wonder how they got their servers up let alone the whole business with this knowledge.

Hi!
    With almost all the VPS's I have...and have ever had..I've either had to setup my own nameservers or outsource it. I currently just outsource it to UltraDNS.com...one less thing to worry about with a VPS.

Bryon

try to call them?

Hi!
    Sadly...yes. I guess I've been lucky..I have not had any problems at all with my free trial server at all. If the price is right...I plan on keeping it. I don't need support....support is what I do for a livng.
    Well...at least that's the hope.

Bryon

A Joke?

Did we tell you that we would host your DNS?

Did we not tell you that regular support can't help you with VPS?

EZZI just expects people to know what they are doing, we don't supply any management, the VZPP allows you to reboot, reinstall, backup, and restore your VPS as well as mount it in repair mode.

If you need much more support than that you should seek out a managed service.

Originally posted by klarth
    lol This is kinda funny...I wonder how they got their servers up let alone the whole business with this knowledge.
    Plenty of knowledge at EZZI, but tech support is basically there to deal with hardware issues and reboots and reinstalls, no management, no dns hosting, just fast cheap servers.

There are managed servers out there if you need help using the server, we aren't one of them.

Originally posted by mrpcpro
    I wanted THEIR name servers. every webhost company can give you that. Actually I think they are very new to VPS because their online support people can't answer any questions

No not every webhosting company can do this for you. Just because you think every webhosting company offers nameservers doesn't make ezzi.net a joke.

Thier support has been great for me. Not sure for everyone else. I think your post of ezzi.net is a joke is very uncalled for but thats just IMHO.

I really can't blame EZZI for this one. If you get an unmanaged server don't expect service on user applications. If you can't manage your own server then don't buy unmanaged servers. Or hire someone to admin it for you. There are several people on this forum who do that kind of work.

EZZI might have made a mistake by giving you the IP for their DNS. Really though the tech probably had a load of tickets to go through and answered your as quickly as possible assuming you knew what you were doing.

Thats not to say that EZZI is the end all be all of providers, just that in this instance I really can't say anything was their fault.