Assistance with php

Hi,

We're having some problems with a script (an inhouse script) and we're hoping someone could help!

One of our sites, www.pagetip.com is having problems:

1) First problem is that when you go to the register page (http://www.pagetip.com/join.php), Agree to the terms and click Next, it sends you back to the same page! The source of the script can be found here: www.pagetip.com/join.phps

2) On the my account page, entering correct or incorrect information and clicking Login sends you back to the login page. The source of that is www.pagetip.com/account.phps

If it helps, our php.ini file is here: www.pagetip.com/php.ini.txt

ANY help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by blockman0; 06-26-2005 at 05:52 PM.
    Brad Lockman
    THRIVE Corporation

I've taken a look at that script and..somewhere there lies a heavy logical problem. The variables are beeing submitted allright, but some of the if-elses isn't working.
    The script is totaly undreadable na full of redundant stuff..
    I advise you to redo it since it's also insecure (it relies on register_globals directive).
    I'd help you with it if it wouldn't take me more than a few minutes to make a fix, but time is money. Maybe someone else willing to spend some time might give you real fix, but my advice is to redo it and to disable register_globals (security issue).

Thanks. We're aware that it is poorly written, and we're looking for a developer to fix it. The script was working at one point on a different server. Is there anything in the server configuration that could cause these problems in the above script and, possibly, our ordering script? We're having similar issues with another script, as in, the shopping cart remains empty after we added something to it.
    Brad Lockman
    THRIVE Corporation

Well, the script relies on register_globals and register_globals is on according to php.ini you posted.
    I guess you did restart apache server after modifying the php.ini on new server, or didn't you?

From your explanation, my only guess would be that register_globals is off. But judging php.ini.txt that's not the case which leads me to conclude that

1.) The "actual" php.ini wasn't modified at new server
    2.) You didn't restart httpd after modifying the php.ini

That's all I can do at this moment, hope it's one of the listed possbilities. Good luck.

Thanks, but register_globals has been on for awhile and I know httpd has been restarted a couple of times since.

I don't think the shopping cart needs register_globals on or off (at least i hope not).

Anyways, thanks for your help.
    Brad Lockman
    THRIVE Corporation

OK... it wasn't creating the sessions properly. That server still isn't creating sessions properly, but we've moved the site until it's fixed.

Thanks for your help.
    Brad Lockman
    THRIVE Corporation