Nexuswebs.net / nexushosting.com

Australian-managed company with servers in the US.

Someone I met on the internet is very enthousiast about them and manages all his websites (he has 3 or 4 AFAIK) through them.

Does anyone have experience with them, and do you think they're any good ?

Same doubt here as with portland.co.uk/port5.com : Nexus seems a very good host, but are they stable ? They have both paid and free hosting, and I'm always afraid in this case that if the number of free users is much bigger than the number of paid users, that the host would get in financial troubles because the incomes are not as high as the expenses. And if that happens that they do get in trouble, paying customers are victim of that just as well as the free users.

I prefer paid hosting as I stated, but if I make my choice of host I wish not to lose my website because the company gets in problems over free users.

I was thinking of trying the free package and then upgrading to paid hosting as soon as I realise they're stable indeed, but then again it seems a half-half solution to first start free. I rather pay from day one with a stable webhost where continuity is guaranteed, rather than trying some first and then having the change host constantly.

Nexuswebs.net / nexushosting.com
    From what I can tell, nexuswebs.net is not the same as nexushosting.com

Either way, the former has a good track record. You can search WHT for "Host Nexus" or "Hostnexus" to get more details about the parent company.

Host Nexus has good review here in WHT except few problems, which ( I think) not rear for any host.

HostNexus.com owns NexusWebs.net

NexusHosting.com is a separate company.

I use HostNexus, and stability is not an issue with them. Recently a harddrive on an older machine crashed and they paid $3000 to restore it. They definitely are doing well financially, if it's of concern to you.

nexushosting.com and nexuswebs.net are two different companies.

You will find plenty of reviews on HostNexus/NexusWebs in their forums or here.

I think NexDog is having a ball reading this thread. Although it wouldn't be fair for him to post some opinions on his own services

The one thing I'm sure of regarding HN is that they have outstanding tech support. I wonder why?
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

As stated by others, Nexushosting has nothing to do with us (although it does look like they ripped one of our images!).
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

Actually Mike, that image comes off the old HN site (R.I.P December 2002). Well remembered though.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

Okay, seems quite convincing, and someone I know from another forum is an enthusiast user.
    Just leaves me wondering how a company hosting sites for free can make sure not to get in financial troubles ? I mean, the only lasting thing for free is the sun coming up...

Gerrit,

There's more to it than it meets the eye

A free hosting company can survive on a multitude of scenarios and additional services, which is the case here.

It'a actually marketing 1-0-1
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

So basically they are stable and the risk is very low ?

Then I guess I can just as well give it a shot Seems to be no negative reviews on the forum here anyway in the recent topics...

I emailed their support, just some basic questions to see if they have fast support. No answer so far, hopefully expected later today or by tomorrow...

Gerrit,

Every host has issues, not to mention the trouble tickets a large host like HN gets every day. Trust me when I tell you they get their fair share of tickets each and every day.

You should remain confident in their support team, as they are some of the most savvy in the industry. I happen to know pretty much every member of their support team and I can say I'd leave al my servers in their hands with the outmost confidence.

Laurence, you owe me a beer for this one
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

I don't see any open tickets and if tickets come in, they are always dealt with quickly. Lorand passed on an email from you to me which I'm going to reply to today but enquiries on free hosting don't get any priority at all. We look after our paid clients first.

Originally posted by SimpliQ's Adnalyser

Laurence, you owe me a beer for this one
    Slab of Crown on its way.

OK, thanks

And it is reasonable that paid clients come first. My purpose'd be to try the free package first, and if after 1 or 2 months I like it I will upgrade to paid anyway (one of my questions was on if it is easy to upgrade to paid, as this is my plan from day 1)

The free hosting and the paid hosting is chalk and cheese so trying the free service doesn't really give you an idea of how great the paid hosting is as it doesn't allow you to 1/10th what you can do with Plesk. Many people do upgrade and when that time comes, you just get the new plan and FTP your site over and change the domain's nameservers.

Did you get my correct emailaddress? I haven't received a mail yet...
    Don't want to rush you or so, just not sure if I mentionned my contact details in your ticket.

Gerrit,

PM me the ticket ID number and I will check it out. Also, if you want us to be certain you included the correct email address, include that in your PM.

We look forward to speaking with you!
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog