Smile A delightful weekend in Cambridge :: I'm back

Hi guys gals and others,

I just got back from what was a delightful and fulfilling weekend out in London on Friday, I then visited Cambridge on Saturday which was an interesting expericence in itself.
    Whilst in Cambridge we visited a Tapas bar and (to my surprise) my pork loins in breadcrumbs came with a side order of lettuce worm. But thats a different story!!!
    Anyway, whilst in Cambridge we visited most of the universities and college complexes - I was very impressed at both the environment and atmospere of Cambrdge.
    No idots - no misbeviour - just a low level of quiet and polite chatter. The general atmospere was very exciting...

It's certainly a place I would consider living / studying in, in the future.

Would any of you guys like to visit Cambridge in the future or which of you have already done so? What did you think of it and why? Do you live in Cambridge? Are you a student? Tell all.

Jord
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

I've been to Cambridge. It was certainly a nice place with an immense amount of history. We ate at a little cafe, whose food was mediocre, but the atmosphere was nice.

Supposedly only upperclassmen can walk on the grass on the campus, so it's obviously a rather pretentious school. Nonetheless, if I were English, I wouldn't mind going there.

Originally posted by SniperDevil
    I've been to Cambridge. It was certainly a nice place with an immense amount of history. We ate at a little cafe, whose food was mediocre, but the atmosphere was nice.

Supposedly only upperclassmen can walk on the grass on the campus, so it's obviously a rather pretentious school. Nonetheless, if I were English, I wouldn't mind going there.
    Yes, me and my dad tried to walk across the grounds and have a peek at the campus grounds but a rather astute looking women eyed us, came over to us and asked us sarcastically to "peek through there", pointing to the admissions tour box.
    However, I would maintain that it is a great place.

Jord
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

Been from england, to be honest, i always thought of people at oxbridge (oxford and cambridge) as been snobs. I imagined everyone walking around discussing politics and not having any real fun.

As i've grownup ive started to appeaciate the peace and quite a bit more, but when it comes down to it, i'ed rather be out in a club

Cambridge is certainly a nice area, but there are lots of parts in the uk that are nice, the lake district for example.
    Note to self: Add something funny!
    Search is your friend!

Whats wrong with walking around discussing politics - I do it frequently

With news papaer under your arm, pipe in your mouth breifcase in one hand and swinging your umbrealla back and forth?
    Search is your friend!

Originally posted by awibble
    With news papaer under your arm, pipe in your mouth breifcase in one hand and swinging your umbrealla back and forth?
    Don't fprget humming the BBC theme tune to yourself under your breath...

Jolly good show old chap, fancy a cup of the earl gray?
    Search is your friend!

Originally posted by effusionx1
    Don't fprget humming the BBC theme tune to yourself under your breath...
    You Brits, I'll never understand you.

Jolly good show old chap, fancy a cup of the earl gray?
    Quite so good sir, quite so - fancy a scone?

Oh, Yes yes old chap, we can talk about the cricket results

Just so i dont offend anyone, I do watch the cricket, and i might be taking the mick, but i'm only joking

Originally posted by SniperDevil
    You Brits, I'll never understand you.
    I'm not even sure i understand all the english
    Search is your friend!

Nah ill just take the muffin to go.
    Its a nice place been twice. I like it nice and clean.

I'm not even sure i understand all the english
    Heh, I'm not even sure that I understand myself.