Hybrid View

unique upload system

hey everyone,

Sorry for asking for help in my first post

Anyway,

I have a really good internet connection, which i want to make use of it by combining it with my 200 gig hard drive into a file hosting site.

The above task, i have no problem at all.

the problem is that, i need a simple upload system/script that does these following tasks:

1. basic function (upload the file to the given folder on server)

2. show link to the file as an id, example (download.php?id=512) OR show a greeting message saying, "File has been uploaded and your id is 512" and then, to download the file, they have to enter a unique id (examle 512) at the home page, where it says, pick up the file

3. weather they are given the link to the file or just the id number, i want them to be taken to the downloading page where they either wait few seconds before download starts or where they see ads on a page where download of the file begins

any help plz

anyone recommend or guide me in the right direction plz?

Try hotscripts.com see if you can find a GPL or similar image / file host.

PHP would probably be the best language to use as its free from a server point of view.

Im guessing you will be running it from a seperate computer? Well if you are i would recomend wacking linux on there to give you a little more stability, if not, then you could always look at asp scripts (if running IIS)

Best thing i would recomend, would be install linux, find a free control panel if you wish (http://www.web-cp.net) is one but there is more out there. get apache, mysql and php as a good base. And then find a nice little GPL php script.

That way it will keep your costs down pretty low.

Hope that helps and gives you some direction.
    Note to self: Add something funny!
    Search is your friend!

thanks for the info,

but i wanted a tiney bit help on the upload system tho

still waiting for help

I don't recommend you run an upload system on your computer unless you are prepared for viruses etc. look for a host that can support that or could help you set up the system
    fuse9 LLC
    -Support Team-
    fusing the core of the internet
    Webhosting, Reseller Hosting, Custom Plans

What actualy help where you looking for?

Tebow is probably right, unless you are only doing images or som3thing like that.
    Search is your friend!

im looking for help on setting up a upload system, similar to rapidshare.de and i am prepared to handle issues with viruses and so on.

any scripts or tutotials or anything plz?

Ok, Couple of questions?

What type of server are you running? (windows/linux/unix)
    What server software do you have installed? (IIS / apache/php/coldfusion)
    Search is your friend!

Just a quick word, what type of upload speed does your internet connection have?? Upload is what is really going to count when people want to download stuff from you..
    James Lumby

What type of server are you running? (windows/linux/unix)
    What server software do you have installed? (IIS / apache/php/coldfusion)
    im running windows with Windows XP Pro with sp2
    server software is bundled, i.e. apache + php + mysql + perl + modperl + ssl and so many thing, cant remember em

Just a quick word, what type of upload speed does your internet connection have?? Upload is what is really going to count when people want to download stuff from you..
    my internet connection is 4mbps... this is all the info i know, i have no idea how to test the upload speed

checkwith you ISP as they may not allow hosting on a home connection. Sorry to say, but home hosting at a larger leave is a bad idea...