Thread: Byohosting

1. Byohosting

Is this site any good? They're second plan is unlimited b/w and disk space, which got me a little worried.

Re: Byohosting

Originally posted by Jervous
    Is this site any good? They're second plan is unlimited b/w and disk space, which got me a little worried.
    You should be worried because unlimited space and bandwidth does not exist in the real world and you should avoid any host that offers it. Save yourself some grief and look for a reputable provider. Figure out the space and bandwidth that you need and not what is offered and you will have better luck finding the right host.

Good luck

Diskspace can only be unlimited if there are unlimited harddisks. Bandwidth can only be unlimited if there are infinitely fast internet connections.

There aren't unlimited harddisks and infinitely fast internet connections.

So, there aren't unlimited bandwidth and diskspace.

New site: www.talkutas.com

Hello,

before you decide which reseller you get, you also should pay attention on how many domain names are kept on the server. sometimes, some new servers are used for unlimited BW and disc space promotions. they will give unlimited BW, but they will put limit on sime other factors as domain name number or mail accounts that you can not use more than a certain BW anyway...
    regards,
    Pandora ISP - Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting and Domain Registration
    [email protected]

As I see, there is no About us page, there are from Romania, and they are hosting in Australia.

i believe that as long as you can easily contact you and communicate them well in a case of interruption of service, there shouldnt be a problem where they are and where their servers are...
    Pandora ISP - Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting and Domain Registration
    [email protected]

they can say unlimited traffic, but its more like unmetered traffic on a capped connection. So same stuff, limited.

As about hard disks, they relay on the fact that people do not use their hard space. At least 90% do that.