Ace-host.net Scandal!

I bought a dedicated server from ace-host.net. The server became ready in 1 week. After 3 days the server became online I saw that apache is not running, mysql is not running and any other configuration problems. I wrote tickets but they solve my problems step by step. I found an error they solve but this is very very problematic situation as you know.

And in 3 days I want to terminate the server!

They said to me that "we cannot pay the money back for dedicated servers." And they take my money! I want my money bak. What can I do? Server is still not runnign properly. And in the email that they send, managed server vas written!!!

I want my money, and I am looking for serious managed dedicated server...

Thank you

Well, if you have an honest claim of failure to render paid services, you can contact your credit card company, bank or PayPal and issue a chargeback. If the chargeback request works, your money will be returned to you and the host will also be issued a chargeback processing fee. Also, a Better Business Bureau report may be in order if they're registered with BBB.

I've been reading a lot of bad things about them lately. It's unfortunate.
    PacketAce
    Because packets were meant to be delivered.
    Premium Mzima Bandwith at Equinix - Secaucus, NJ

Is it possible to give an order to my credit card company not to pay the money or chargeback the money? If it is possible i will call my bank because the server is still have many problems. Is there any autority that can I complaint the ace-host?

I don't see how this is a scandal, you bought the server you arnt going to get a refund 3 days later just because you want it

Not the way it works buddy

You CANNOT get moneyback with dedicated servers - host already LOST money by setting up your server (actual cost of setup dedicated server is sometimes 2-5 time more then you paid) - here no way you can get moneyback.

YES, they should configure properly your server and give you credit for 3-days when server is not working, but not more then that.

Also, you should read service agreement before start this kind of flames - if you like to play in "Money Back" games - you should stick to "Shared Hosting" area - host just click twice to add/remove your account - in dedicated servers it's take hours to setup new service.

have you purchased a managed or unmanaged server from this company?
    Technical Director, M247

Premium web and Internet infrastructure services from M247.com
    M247 is actively buying Helm3 customer base - cash waiting.

Even if server is managed he said they are working on it! So they ARE doing their job!

Re: Ace-host.net Scandal!

Give them a chance to make the server right before you ask for a chargeback. If they are working on it, thats better then them just ignoring you.

Originally posted by okanari
    I wrote tickets but they solve my problems step by step. I found an error they solve but this is very very problematic situation as you know.
    Since they set the box up for you, It doesnt mean they are going to actually set sites up on it. It takes you to point out errors so they can fix them. I dont expect my host to actually use my server, I dont even expect them to log into it unless I have asked them too.

actually by definition a chargeback can occur when you pay for a service and you don't fully receive it so yes - go chargeback

although its a horrible practice and i hate it personally
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

how is he not fully receiving service? by his own statement he said they are working on it

when you buy something you expect it to work right away - he has legal ground to want to chargeback.

By not fulfilling their obligation, he has a right to get his money back.

I only legally bind myself to your TOS and AUP if the user end of the agreement isfulfilled.

In other words, when I accept service, i accept it by those terms. However, he never got the service he signed up for.

Hell think of it this way - i bought a car with a giant dent on it - the dealers say hrm sorry we're working on it.

Did i get what i paid for? Nope - will I? Maybe but i have every legal ground to chargeback and get my money back

eitherway - its a bad practice but legally its allowed
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

You can issue a chargeback whenever you feel that the service you bought is not in compliance with it's specifications. The same works for products.

If you're not satisfied with a service, you're entitled to a refund. If they are not willing to issue a refund, chargeback is the only way.
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

atlesat 1 of the parties concerned is doing business in unpleasant and low way if it comes to a chargeback. its one of the few things that *really* p1sses me off
    Technical Director, M247

Premium web and Internet infrastructure services from M247.com
    M247 is actively buying Helm3 customer base - cash waiting.

I bougth managed server(as written in emails). And still mysql server is not writing. I am writing a ticket and I am saying "Mysql server is not running, I am trying to restart it but mysql gives error. Please fix it." They reply me "You can restart the server by whm."

So do you think am I wrong?

Imagine please, you are buying a dedicated server and mysql is not running!

I want my money back is it possible? If yes what migth I do? Can I complain them to any authority?

Thank you

Well, It's not a scandal, if You want to operate with all servers options Ypu should do It under ssh for instance!?

You can't restart mysql under whm, You should learn something about Linux basics before You start playing with dedicated.

- Maybe You should ask for a restart if You don't know how to.

Originally posted by gus83
    Well, It's not a scandal, if You want to operate with all servers options Ypu should do It under ssh for instance!?

You can't restart mysql under whm, You should learn something about Linux basics before You start playing with dedicated.

- Maybe You should ask for a restart if You don't know how to.

Actually, you CAN restart MySQL through WHM....

Maybe you should make sure you're positive on your statements before flaming someone?
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
    -- W.W. Ziege

/etc/init.d/rc.d/mysql restart
    isn't exactly crazy difficult.

this is obviously a highly inexperienced user and combine that with the obvious language barrier and you've got a mixture for disaster.

Most almost all of these huge host flame threads I see like this always end up being communications problems.

I'm sure your host isn't able to understand what you want.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by okanari
    I bougth managed server(as written in emails). And still mysql server is not writing. I am writing a ticket and I am saying "Mysql server is not running, I am trying to restart it but mysql gives error. Please fix it." They reply me "You can restart the server by whm."

So do you think am I wrong?

Imagine please, you are buying a dedicated server and mysql is not running!

I want my money back is it possible? If yes what migth I do? Can I complain them to any authority?

Thank you
    Hello, okanari

Im sorry to hear that. I have a dediccated server from ACE-HOST.NET
    so far every thing has went good. They set up my server in about 6 hours. There was a few minor problems at first but they got to the point of it quikly. Support has been great, they answer my support tickets in 5 to 10 mins depending on the problems that I had. I dont know, but did you at least called them about this issuse?

He can charge back whenever he wants. If he feels that he is not receiving the service that he should do, then it is up to him if he no longer wishes to host.

Paypal and/or your credit card company will go HIS way, not the hosts way.

Weather you like it or not, if they setup the server, THEY are required to make sure the services are running properly, in this case they failed to do so, in both mysql and apache, so that will indicate more than one service has failed.

You say about him restarting from WHM, or threw ssh, why should he? Its down to the host to set it up in the first place, and why they did not do it for him anyway, is beyond me. Managed or not, its a simple thing to do.

As for Cserver, you are assuming he is running the same os as you, the paths may be different on his operating system, not to mention the fact mysql may not even be installed, so until you know the full story, I don't think you should reply with such comments.

What it comes down too is, all of you are posting here for the thread starter to restart mysql himself, how do you know there are no further problems. If cPanel was installed correctly, there would not be these issues, going on the thread starter he clearly stated both mysql and apache where down. This would indicate cPanel was incorrectly installed and multiple services will not work. Maybe even non existant. So before you jump at him, get the full story.

okanari if you feel the need to get your money back, first tell them you are going to cancel due to lack of service, if they fail to refund then you file a charge back with paypal.

-Scott
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: [email protected]

I agree, HostGeekZ

After all they do say "Fully managed"

Originally posted by ZComm Daniel
    Actually, you CAN restart MySQL through WHM....

Maybe you should make sure you're positive on your statements before flaming someone?
    Not flaming, maybe they had disabled this function?
    If they say that it's not possible then it probably is...

I would never try to make business under dedicated if I hadn't any experience with linux. Fully managed doesn't say that You don't have to know anything.

But for sure, he can try to get a chargeback.... but the question is, If they liisten to him.

i don't see ace-host.net advertise their server in WHT.
    why not check out WHT dedicated server offers section?
    at least you get some communications over here.
    Linux System admin (since 2001)
    * cPanel/WHM, Directadmin, Apache, DNS, PHP, HyperVM, Lxadmin, Openvz*

Originally posted by steven-v
    [Bin dedicated servers it's take hours to setup new service. [/B]
    Last time I checked putting on an image doesnt take serveral hours of labour.

The Broadband Man, what a fully setup server vaires depending on who you work with. Some of us (like me) prefer to have nothing except the OS and a few basics installed, so we can install mysql , apache , etc ourselves to achieve the setup we want, not the standard host setup, others dont like that and want a fully working server.

gus83, if you dont have anything constructive to say, dont say it. WHM automagically restarts mySQL if its down (and afaik it has a start button in it). Either way, logging in as root on SSH and starting it up isnt asking that much.
    Last edited by BSD2; 06-28-2005 at 07:20 AM.