Thread: spamd Failure

spamd Failure

Hi there,

I have a problem with my VPS, every 10 minutes I am getting an email that says:

spamd failed @ Sun Jun 26 11:00:57 2005. A restart was attempted automagicly.
    Yesterday I installed spamassasign as a RPM, but I think this was a mistake and I do not know how to remove it.

Can anyone advise how to fix the problem?

I have spamdconf installed as an addon module and I get the following results in my spamd configuration:

Spamd Configuration ResultsOption pidfile removed
    Checking if maxchildren=2 is valid ........OK
    Option allowedips removed
    Option maxconnperchild removed
    Restarting Exim ....
    Starting clamd: [ OK ] Starting exim: [ OK ] Starting exim-smtps: [ OK ] Starting antirelayd: [ OK ] Starting spamd: Can't locate Mail/SpamAssassin/NoMailAudit.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ../lib /usr/src/build/228815-i386/install//usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.6/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /usr/bin/spamd line 22. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/spamd line 22. [FAILED] Starting antirelayd: [ OK ]

Exim and Spamd Restarted.
    I have recently lost my partner who took care of the servers and I am new to SSH, if I need to do anything here to fix, so if you could dumb any ideas down that would be great

Thanks

Mark
    Why always the fighting?
    - Dr Zoidberg, Futurama

Further to my message,

I have tried disabling spamd here:

1 - In Tweak Settings -> Mail
    2 - Service Manager.

Still got the failure message.
    Why always the fighting?
    - Dr Zoidberg, Futurama

That happens to me whenever I disable a service. Sometimes a server reboot will take care of it and if it doesn't I ask my provider to make it stop. They don't tell me how they do it though...