Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,033

    Unhappy Parents worst nightmare come true...

    Couple days ago where I live a 16 year old girl got killed while driving at 10:00 am. She was hit by a garbage driver who was speeding as well did not stop when he was suppose to. They are investigating it more, but I hope that the parents get through this horrible time.

    You might be wondering why I am posting this... it is to remind everyone to tell the person you love that you love them. You do not know when will be the last time you will ever see them again.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    3,439
    A friend of mine lost his ex girlfriend last week in a car accident. The car hit a large towed boat, it crushed her car. They were still friends up to the week before the accident when he got in a fight with her new boyfriend, to make a long story short he regrets it now.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,033
    Originally posted by J-P
    A friend of mine lost his ex girlfriend last week in a car accident. The car hit a large towed boat, it crushed her car. They were still friends up to the week before the accident when he got in a fight with her new boyfriend, to make a long story short he regrets it now.
    That is why with my ex girlfriends I never say anything bad to them. I figure life is to short, and if something does happen I would feel horrible for a long time knowing I said something bad about them.

    Even people who I dislike or hate I rarely say anything bad about them since if something happen I would feel bad as well.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Posts
    6,835
    Sorry to hear that, Torith. Things like this are quite unfortunate.

    J-P, while it is understandable that he's regretting being angry at his ex, I personally try to never regret things that I do. We can't change things that have already happened, so why bother wishing we could or that things hadn't worked out the way they did? I think we should move on and learn from what we do, but we shouldn't dwell on the past. There are two subtle, yet evident, distinctions between learning from and regretting the past.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    3,439
    Originally posted by SniperDevil
    There are two subtle, yet evident, distinctions between learning from and regretting the past.
    You're correct, of course he can't go back in time and change what happened. He even told me it was her fault if it ended that way, so much that when he got the call from a friend saying she was dead he almost felt good until he saw the car wreck.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Posts
    6,835
    Originally posted by J-P
    You're correct, of course he can't go back in time and change what happened. He even told me it was her fault if it ended that way, so much that when he got the call from a friend saying she was dead he almost felt good until he saw the car wreck.
    If we remain in the present and deal with what is currently happening, we feel much better equipped to deal with and respond to possible and relevant issues. Wishing that something shouldn't have or should have happened doesn't help anything; it just makes you feel worse. The goal of anyone dealing with grief should be contentment -- contentment with what happened, with the current situation, and with what may or may not happen in the future. If we can learn to accept and deal with things as they come up, we'll feel much better knowing that when things do happen, they happen, and there is absolutely no way that we can change them. It is desperation -- often channeled through hope or anger -- that leads us to wish and regret.

    His being glad that she was dead, as an initial reaction, is not abnormal at all, especially for people who have recently fought and ended or strained their relationship. However, typically that gladness fades away rather quickly and instead gives way to regrets and profound sadness.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    1,596
    I remember last year on January 23, I walked out the door with an "I love you to my family". And I never returned home. I ended up in the hospital with bleeding in the brain after being hit by a car while walking.
    For a while my family were afraid to say "I love you to me." It was like saying "I love you" take me away from them. After a while, they started saying it again.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    3,439
    Originally posted by SniperDevil
    Wishing that something shouldn't have or should have happened doesn't help anything; it just makes you feel worse.
    Regret is a very human response, how many times did I regret saying something, doing something but like you said earlier you find closure to that and move on. It does make you feel worse but it's also a "self-evaluation" that we do, for example what triggered that situation, could I have done it differently and how would I react in the future.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Posts
    6,835
    Originally posted by indiaberry
    I remember last year on January 23, I walked out the door with an "I love you to my family". And I never returned home. I ended up in the hospital with bleeding in the brain after being hit by a car while walking.
    For a while my family were afraid to say "I love you to me." It was like saying "I love you" take me away from them. After a while, they started saying it again.
    Wow. That is truly amazing. Congratulations on your recovery, as many people never recover at all from that sort of thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by J-P
    Regret is a very human response, how many times did I regret saying something, doing something but like you said earlier you find closure to that and move on. It does make you feel worse but it's also a "self-evaluation" that we do, for example what triggered that situation, could I have done it differently and how would I react in the future.
    It is very true that regretting is natural and, while painful, it can ultimately help you to find closure. But in many cases, one never finds complete closure; regrets are the metaphorical scar on the recovered wound: they're always there to remind you of what happened and what you should have done differently.

    On the other hand, accepting what you did and being open to doing things differently in the future is different; in that case, you're actively seeking to better yourself now, rather than dwelling on what you did before. You might think the distinction is only in the wording; it's not, but I acknowledge that it's subtle.

    If my mom or dad died on his or her birthday, I hadn't yet wished them a happy birthday, and I was regretting it, it would be awfully hard to cope with and heal from. On the other hand, if you recognize the situation at the time and that perhaps you didn't have the opportunity to wish them a happy birthday yet, but that you would have if you could have, you can feel a lot better about yourself and your loss a lot more quickly and lot more fully. Losing someone very dear to you is never about springing back to the person you were and the life you had before; rather, it helps you realize certain things in your life that you ought to change and it's the perfect opportunity on which to change them.
    Last edited by SniperDevil; 06-26-2005 at 02:02 AM.

  10. #10
    This is a sad turn of events for garbage drivers everywhere.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    3,439
    Originally posted by SniperDevil

    Losing someone very dear to you is never about springing back to the person you were and the life you had before; rather, it helps you realize certain things in your life that you ought to change and it's the perfect opportunity on which to change them.
    Bingo!
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

  12. #12
    Originally posted by The Hostland.com
    This is a sad turn of events for garbage drivers everywhere.
    Im sorry i just had to laugh at that, but sorry about the accident, she must have just gotten her license? At 16...?

    She had to be very inexperenced at driving... Thats why i dont have my license because i am not ready for one... When i feel im ready to drive i will...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    State of Disbelief
    Posts
    22,951
    A good friend of mine lost his wife to an accident involving a dump truck t-boning her car. It was the second offense for this trucker, there was no sign he even hit the brakes before hitting her.
    He got off without any charges once again.
    My friend now has to raise his 2 kids alone, and the trucker is still working for that company.

    My daughter turned 16 this Friday...I'm truly frightened to think of her driving...
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,033
    Yup that what happe here as well. He did not even slow down or anything he keep going. The people who saw it said they could not believe what just happen.


    Originally posted by bear
    A good friend of mine lost his wife to an accident involving a dump truck t-boning her car. It was the second offense for this trucker, there was no sign he even hit the brakes before hitting her.
    He got off without any charges once again.
    My friend now has to raise his 2 kids alone, and the trucker is still working for that company.

    My daughter turned 16 this Friday...I'm truly frightened to think of her driving...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,211

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •