What countries you want to visit?

I am a person who wants to travel around when I have the time and money to do so. Though when that time comes I would like to visit

1. China
    2. Japan
    3. Spain
    4. France
    5. Mexico

Then there are some smaller countries I would like to visit as well.

So what countries would you like to visit if you had a chance to go to them?

I wouldn't mind seeing America and Korea
    New site: www.talkutas.com

Japan and France/Italy are two I would be interested in.

Dangit I forgot Italy, Aussie Land, and Germany.

Scotland
    England
    Canada
    Japan
    Germany
    Sweden

I've heard great things about all of those so have always wanted to go.

I've lived in New Zealand, Australia and the US so no need to have them on the list. Technically I've been to Canada already but only through the airport in Vancouver.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Italy
    Spain
    Greece
    Australia
    Malaysia

Australia
    United Kingdom
    China
    Malaysia
    Canada

Hum.. any country where they have great beaches
    PutFile.io Disrupting traditional file hosting.
    █ Signup Early and enjoy Unlimited space/bandwidth for your files hosting, Forever!
    █ No Ads.
    █ No Countdowns.

Re: What countries you want to visit?

Originally posted by Torith

So what countries would you like to visit if you had a chance to go to them?
    I have been everywhere I ever wanted to visit, except Aussie Land. I wanna meet Mouse and Bob.

In no order, I have been to:
    Belgium
    Netherlands
    Italy
    Switzerland
    New Jersey
    Czech Republic
    Germany
    England
    Austria
    (then) East Germany
    (then) East Berlin
    Canada
    And another place or two. But Austrailia is the only place left I ever feel a need to visit.
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

Originally posted by akashik
    Germany
    What good things have you heard about Germany? That's typically not among people's top priorities of where to go on vacation, so I was just wondering why you wanted to go there. I'd go there, but it's not among my priorities.

I'd like to go everywhere -- everywhere in the United States and everywhere in every other country. Unfortunately, life is too short for that, so I'd say trips to the following countries are in my not too distant future (in no particular order):

• Mexico -- I've been there two times and will be going there a third this Christmas, but I'd really like to see more of it;
    • Spain -- I've heard wonderful things about Spain, and it would be a good excuse to practice my Spanish;
    • Italy -- My parents went to Sicily four years ago, but I didn't go, as I was at summer camp. I'd very much like to see Italy and Sicily; I think Italian culture is great, and the country -- like every other -- is full of history;
    • France -- I've been to Paris, which was probably my best vacation ever, but I'd really like to go to the countryside and see what it's really like in the heart of the country;
    • Iraq -- Call me crazy, but I'd love to go to Iraq in several years to see what the U.S. and its coalition have done and what it's like over there;
    • Sudan -- Again, call me crazy, but I'd go to Sudan with a humanitarian goal in mind and with the intentions of documenting some of the government-endorsed genocide; I'd want to distribute food to refugees and live with them for a while, and perhaps even learn their various languages;
    • Russia -- I'd really like to see what Russia is like now -- not that I've been there when it was the Soviet Union, but it'd be interesting to see how much it's changed, at least according to media reports, and how their slow transition to democracy is being handled, as well as what life is like for peasants;
    • Argentina -- My dad's been here, and one thing I know is that they've got incredible steaks; plus, they've got tremendous inflation, so a U.S. dollar goes a long way ;
    • Austria -- My grandpa is from there, and I'd just like to see his town (Gratz -- also Arnold Schwarzenneger's town; Arnold's father was a Nazi's chief there) and the country itself;
    • EDIT: Hong Kong -- My dad went there a couple years ago, and he said it was truly amazing, a world of chaotic bustle unto itself;
    • EDIT: Singapore -- My dad went there a couple years ago, as well, and he loved it;
    • Every other country in the world!

Originally posted by Googled
    Hum.. any country where they have great beaches
    Then you must get to Costa Rica!

I like to experience anything and everything that I can. If it was possible to visit every country, I'd take up that offer in a second.

However, if I had to pick and choose, here's some like that I really hope to get the chance to visit;

England
    France
    Germany
    Italy
    Czech Republic
    Australia
    Any country in South America
    Iran
    Iraq

The final two I really want to visit just to see for my own eyes. The risk -- it doesn't bother me. If it weren't for the fact that I'm a pansy, I'd join the military just to take part in the travelling. (Of course, I'd also have no problem in defending my country. The whole getting shot and killed thing scares me though.)

On that note, let's not turn this into a political debate because of my little comment there.
    Last edited by IGobyTerry; 06-26-2005 at 01:53 AM.

Originally posted by inogenius
    Rome
    I didn't know Rome was still a country...

Originally posted by SniperDevil
    I didn't know Rome was still a country...
    I swear I removed that! I wasn't sure, and looked it up on google, confirmed it was in Italy and it magically appeared again.

Japan is a really great place to visit, I went their a year ago and it was awesome.
    Akihabara was pretty darn close to heaven.

I'd like to visit New Zealand again, along with Poland, Greenland, and some day I would like to spend two months in Antarctica when it is more realistic.
    Bring on the cold!

Also Iraq in maybe twenty years when things settle down.
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

What good things have you heard about Germany? That's typically not among people's top priorities of where to go on vacation, so I was just wondering why you wanted to go there. I'd go there, but it's not among my priorities.

Holy cow? There is a TON of great things to do/visit in Germany. I am sure you can google Romantish Strasse,Ludwig Castle, Rhein, and on and on.

Monks, breweries, historical sites from WW2 (have to look hard for them.. go to Nurnburg... Trials, "world center" etc..). Berlin. The old wall.... and related stuff. The castles cannot be beat... you can spend more time than you can afford looking through them. A rail pass and time.... and a car, if you are old enough to rent one... a splendid time to be had.

Oh yeah... VW factory in Wolfburg. BMW museum in Munchen (Olypic Staium if you want to learmn about where some Muslims masacered sports teams), Stuttgart to visit Porshe and Mercedes. Ingolstadt to visit Audi. Much, much more.

Did I mention beer? I will leave that to you.

Yeh... probabbly
    Tibet
    Australia
    New zeland
    brazil
    africa

Dont think that europe is interesting..
    Radijas internete - fm.lt - online radio stations, 400 best world radio station to listen with one click! !

Originally posted by TalkMilitary
    Holy cow? There is a TON of great things to do/visit in Germany. I am sure you can google Romantish Strasse,Ludwig Castle, Rhein, and on and on.

Monks, breweries, historical sites from WW2 (have to look hard for them.. go to Nurnburg... Trials, "world center" etc..). Berlin. The old wall.... and related stuff. The castles cannot be beat... you can spend more time than you can afford looking through them. A rail pass and time.... and a car, if you are old enough to rent one... a splendid time to be had.

Oh yeah... VW factory in Wolfburg. BMW museum in Munchen (Olypic Staium if you want to learmn about where some Muslims masacered sports teams), Stuttgart to visit Porshe and Mercedes. Ingolstadt to visit Audi. Much, much more.

Did I mention beer? I will leave that to you.
    Sounds like fun.

I just never heard that much buzz about Germany before, and while I knew that there are a lot of famous attractions there, none of them especially appealed to me. I would really like to see the stuff you've mentioned, though.

Sounds like fun.

I just never heard that much buzz about Germany before, and while I knew that there are a lot of famous attractions there, none of them especially appealed to me. I would really like to see the stuff you've mentioned, though.
    Rail pass is the way.... IMHO. The rail is great and efficient. I prefered driving, but that was my personal preference.

You can go almost anywhere with the Euro Rail pass. Nothing like stopping at some place, checking it out.... the making a choice of where you want to go next. Fun stuff.

Rail pass is the way.... IMHO. The rail is great and efficient. I prefered driving, but that was my personal preference.

You can go almost anywhere with the Euro Rail pass.
    I'd rather drive on the autobahn at insane speeds.

You can go almost anywhere with the Euro Rail pass.

1. It cost too much
    2. Its not very snug
    3. Too slow
    4. Unfitted for travelling with luggage

Better to take plane ticket... no headache and really fast
    Radijas internete - fm.lt - online radio stations, 400 best world radio station to listen with one click! !

Originally posted by e-view
    1. It cost too much
    2. Its not very snug
    3. Too slow
    4. Unfitted for travelling with luggage

Better to take plane ticket... no headache and really fast
    Whatever. LOL

The point was to see places, not be cheap and get someplace quick. You can do the rail on a budget, and see things... Yes, air planes are faster, but the view is a tad limited. I would rather pay more and see places, rather than "fly over them". But everybody can make their own choices.