Baile Átha Cliath, Ireland

Registered domain, have host- where to now?

I'd really appreciate any help here.

I've never operated a website before but have now been given this task by my local Toastmasters association as I am the most interested in internet and computer related things. I registered the domain last week and got a hosting package for the next two years.

In my C Panel I have the choice of many programs, but I do not know what they mean. All I have done to date is write a Notepad explaining that the site is under construction. But I didn't even know how to put the Toastmasters logo on the same page. I also would like to put a colour on that front "under construction" page but I don't know how to. If I got these two minor homepage information issues sorted I could move on behind the scenes.

What is the very first thing I should start with now that I have my domain and hosting?

Thanks in advance!

You may want to contact your host and see if they provide you with any Site Creation tools. If so, that would be an easy way to get a logo up on the site.

If you don't have access to a Site Creation tool I would suggest purchasing a progam like Microsoft FrontPage or Dreamweaver (if you have a bigger budget).

If all you need is to put up a logo and make a minor change or two your host may be able to handle it free of charge.

Web Feat, Inc. - since 1997

Milton, Florida
    Contact some of the Web Designers here.. Im sure some of them would be happy to make you a nice website and do all the work for you..

Birmingham, UK
    Or if you don't have the time to learn HTML nor the money to pay a designer; as mentioned above, get a program like Microsoft Frontpage or Dreamweaver, and use their WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) web creators to make your pages.