1 20.00%
  • Bad.

3 60.00%
  • Not Sure.

1 20.00%

Thread: Adiungo Or Not?

* Adiungo Or Not?

Hey Guys,

Has anyone had any past experiences with this company?

Their current offers are appealing to me, and i was wondering what kind of service they are running.

So if you are an existing customer, please give me an insight into their service.

Chris

It looks like they recently had a core meltdown. They shut down my server, telling me that I was trying to hack other computers from my VE and that I was also sending out PayPal phishing emails. Then their phone lines went down, they stopped answering my support requests and my site was never turned back on. So I just transfered over to PowerVPS.com. Even in the past I had frequent system failures that would require support to fix something. No I do not reconmend Adiungo under any circumstance.

Originally posted by muchfresh
    It looks like they recently had a core meltdown. They shut down my server, telling me that I was trying to hack other computers from my VE and that I was also sending out PayPal phishing emails. Then their phone lines went down, they stopped answering my support requests and my site was never turned back on. So I just transfered over to PowerVPS.com. Even in the past I had frequent system failures that would require support to fix something. No I do not reconmend Adiungo under any circumstance.

The customer's server was hacked. There were 2 occasions from this VPS. The first was a brute force attack to remote servers. We send a notification email with a detailed log of attempts.

The customer refused to look into the problem and was rude to our support staff.

4 days later we received numerous spamlist complaints about ebay PayPal phishing. Phishing has serious legal implications and our only choice was a temporary suspension of the account.

Upon that, we emailed information to the customer including all headers and logs. However we once again received a refusal to look into the problem.

We do our best to aid and protect customers in security matters, but we expect them to cooperate! The support staff spends long hours working to solve customer's problems, they merit respect and not insults.

BS!

My server may have been hacked, but I changed *nothing* about my VE except for loading websites and email accounts. If I was hacked it was becuase Adiungo does not keep their servers updated with the latest security patches or one of the user passwords was 'guessed'. In either case I was not advised on a course of action. I was told that they could not restart my server until 'federal police' contacted them. I did look at the log they sent me showing someone trying to gain access to some computer and apperently failing. The log didn't even show what account that was being used. I promptly responded saying that instance was not me.

Plus Adiungo's phone system is totally down. You cannot even get in touch with the sales department.

I hope in the future if someone hacks one of your customer's VE you would be more helpful in solving the problem.

I apologise for being rude, but I was angry that my server was shut down and *no* support was givin.

I know this is coming in quite late to the post but I was on Adiungo's VPS for the better part of a year some time back and was overall quite happy. I consider them a great value. Their support was prompt and generally on target. I only left them b/c of a conflict with VPS and one of my websites applications (I moved to a reseller non-VPS account).

Question Adiungo's problem

I've been with Adiungo for over a year. Its value/price is not too bad BUT its billing system is really troubled!

They usually send me ridiculous billing statement every other month, e.g. just days ago I got one monthly bill of $476 which is over 20 times of what I should pay! They repeatedly told me the problem will be fixed but they never really get it done....They had so many this kind of low level mistakes, when I looked through my billing history of the past months, it is such a mess!

They over-charged me on April/May, after a fight they put credit back on my account. What's funny is that their system doesn't recognize credit! Even I have cedit to cover a couple of months, they still send me statement to require payments! Then they suspended my system tab. I had to fight bitterly to get it back...

Now I get my system back, but they accidentally cut my disk space and bandwidth which made my site extremely slow. Till now my disk space is not yet restored.

Hope they can improve...

- A frustrated Adiungo customer