Thread: Firefox

Firefox

Hi guys - anyone know how to solve the problem .

I place a zero border around my tables in dreamweaver a nd they are fine in Explorer but the borders show up in Firefox?

How is that?

Thanks
    BM

can you put a link to see this ?
    http://www.empresasdehosting.com
    THE WEB HOSTING INDEX IN SPANISH
    http://www.empresasdehosting.net
    THE WEB HOSTING DIRECTORY IN SPANISH

yeah, if you could upload the page for us it would be alot easier

<table style="border-width: 0px;"> ?
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs
    Powered By JAM - Professional Website Development - PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, AJAX - Projects Small & Large

<table border="0">
    HostNodeList Web Host Directory, DEV.INTOEX.COM - products for online business

Experienced web-developer | PHP | Smarty | Zend | Databases | Graphic design - looking for long-time relationship

One major thing is that IE is very forgiving, FireFox is just a better browser.

You also may want to consider looking at doing your design in XHTML/CSS and not use tables.

It's a little different doing this type of design but your outcome will be a faster loading website and it will be better for SEO also.

i agree.. tables are lame. CSS/XHTML is definitely the way to go
    Eleven2 Web Hosting is helping the Red Cross
    Eleven2 Hosting - www.eleven2.com
    Help The Red Cross - www.redcross.org

Yeah, spend $100+ or hours of your time trying to make something into an XHTML/CSS design!

Or, replace the simple bit of code for your table, to make sure the border on the table is set to 0. If that doesn't fix your problem, you will need to provide your code.

man, CSS is universal, though... if you want to make a design change to all the pages, then just change the CSS, but if you do it via tables, you have to change EVERY page one page at a time. for someone with 5+ pages, this can be a huge pain in the butt

Originally posted by Zach-E2
    i agree.. tables are lame. CSS/XHTML is definitely the way to go
    Have you considered how long would it take you to present tabular data via CSS?

Originally posted by Zach-E2
    if you want to make a design change to all the pages, then just change the CSS, but if you do it via tables, you have to change EVERY page one page at a time.
    Why are you against tables so much? I see no evil in combining tables with CSS. What you're saying here is that tables are no good at all, while that's just so untrue.
    Have a question?

Originally posted by Milovan
    Have you considered how long would it take you to present tabular data via CSS?

Why are you against tables so much? I see no evil in combining tables with CSS. What you're saying here is that tables are no good at all, while that's just so untrue.
    You are correct. Tables are proper for displaying tabular data, information that requires a spreadsheet-style presentation in order to be understood in its proper context. It would be wrong to try to emulate this with CSS. The layout itself should be done using CSS and proper containers of course, but not tabular data.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

I've found a video tutorial on CSS on the web. If teaches you how to build table-less webpage. Just do a search on Google.
    He who hates correction will die. --Proverbs 15:10
    Jeffrey's Cute Blog | My stockphotos and illustrations

i'm not a hundred percent against tables, but i think that it saves the developer a lot more trouble in the long run to go with css

I really ought to further look into this ... I find tables extremely restrictive.