* Question about Enom / Enom API

Hi all,

I'm going to be using the Enom API to provide my customers with an interface to their domain names. I store the customer username, password, and domain name in a database. When the customer logs in with his or her username and password, if they have a domain name registered through me, it should allow them to manage their domain via the enom API.

My question is whether I should create each customer's accounts as separate accounts under my reseller account in Enom, or if I should just list all domains under one (my reseller) account. The customer will never access Enom's user interfaces. Since I keep the domain name assigned to a user on my end, it's simple for me to manipulate domain data via the API without necessarily having to do it as any specific user.

The reason I ask is because it's much simpler from a programming standpoint to simply keep all domains under one account and manage them via the API. Are there any hard reasons to separate each customer into their own Enom customer accounts?

Any help is very much appreciated! Thank you!

There is no reason to create sub-accounts for your customers. We (edula.com) built our website based on enom API and we put every domain under one account. We're planning on offering a private-level reseller program soon, and for this application we'll be using sub accounts.

Scott

That's very valuable information. Thank you for your post. Do you know if I would require a reseller enom account in order to use their API?

Also, any advice on where to acquire a standard 8.95 enom reseller account? is it possible to avoid putting $100 down using ETP's?

thanks!

Yes, you'll need a reseller account in order to use their API. Enom has a few reseller programs, ranging from $6.95 to $9.95 pricing structure, depending on your initial commitment. We can offer you a better price if you become our reseller (sub-account) with a less commitment. Should you decide to become a premier reseller of enom at a later date, we can push all of your domain names to a premier account.

Scott

Originally posted by aladar
    We can offer you a better price if you become our reseller (sub-account) with a less commitment.
    sounds great! how do i get started?

A PM has been sent.