Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Was this too harsh?

I placed an order for a non-unique logo from logomaid.com on Thursday evening. The order totalled $25. On their website it states that all orders must undergo fraud checking and that delivery of the order can take up to 6 hours. No problem.

When I got up Friday I saw I still had not received the logo so I sent LM a quick email with my order number asking for a status update on my order. I heard nothing.

Then I got a call from my credit card company's fraud dept early Friday afternoon asking if I had made this purchase since the number was keyed in over in the UK (Their payment proccessor is WorldPay). I confirmed that yes I had made the purchase, for that amount, and that the company is from the UK, and they said they would approve the charge and notify WorldPay.

Here it is Saturday morning and I still have not heard one peep from logomaid. I have confirmed that the charge was deducted from my card. Also, when I attempt to connect to their website now I get a connection refused message, even after cleaning out my cache.

So now I'm getting pissed. I am in the middle of a design project and need that logo so I can integrate it into the design. I sent yet another email this morning asking for a status update on my order. This is what I sent:

Subject: Worldpay Order #xxxxxxxx
    Hello,
    I have previously emailed you regarding this order and have heard nothing. I confirmed with my credit card company yesterday that I made this order, the money has been taken for the logo, and I still do not have it. When I try to access your website I get a connection refused message.

It has been over 24 hours since I placed my order and I am quickly losing patience. Please respond with a status update ASAP as I need this logo for a design project. If I do not hear from anyone within 12 hours I will be contacting my credit card company to discuss my options on this purchase.
    Normally I do not get so harsh when dealing with things online but all I want is to know what's going on. If they need to wait for a confirmation or something from WorldPay, that's fine - at least I know what's going on. This is twice in 2 days I've emailed them for an update on my order. This lack of communication is driving me nuts

Come to think of it, maybe I'll trot on over to worldpay and see if they can help me at all.
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

According to the whois, the domain owner is in Bratislava, Slovak Republic. I'd suggest a chargeback.

Oh, and check your account statement for fraudulent charges every month for the rest of your life.
    Last edited by Disgruntled; 06-25-2005 at 07:42 AM.

Well, I want to give them a chance to respond first. Next step, I'll be contacting worldpay. And if that doesn't get me anywhere you better believe I'll be contacting my credit card company.

Oh, and check your account statement for fraudulent charges every month for the rest of your life.
    I already do check every credit card statement I get; also, the company my card is from offers virtual account numbers for online shopping to help protect your card number as well. Since those numbers are only good for a limited period of time I doubt they'd get much use out of them.
    Last edited by P-nut; 06-25-2005 at 07:47 AM.

I don't think you have to worry forever about your bank account, that's one good thing of WorldPay, IIRC they don't give out CC info, they just process the payment.
    Unfortunately, if you haven't received word from them, or any response, then, your best bet is to just start the chargeback procedures. Waiting will only lead to more problems, with most places, so don't do it. If it's been 2-3 days, and you've sent mail to them, yet STILL haven't received a reply, they obviously don't have any desire to do the work they've been paid to do, especially if it's not a weekend.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Heh - the sad thing is there IS no work to really do except send the file. The logo I purchased was from a collection of their premade logos.

Well, clock's ticking on them... they have until 7pm tonight (my time) to respond. Then it will have been 48 hours and they can kiss my business and my money goodbye

Wow, that is very unprofessional. I doubt they'll get back with you. Prepare to get your money back!

Looks like their site is down so maybe they're having tech issues. But as you said with the credit card "dummy" number and paying through world pay your cc info is fine so you don't have to worry about checking it for life. Everyone should check their credit history anyway at least once a year. If you need a logo for $50 more and zero aggravation these guys have done a great job on three logos for me: http://thelogocompany.net. I highly recommend them.

Oh and no you weren't too harsh.

Well, their site was up all day yesterday so I'm skeptical about it being merely tech issues (maybe I'm just cynical/paranoid, though ). Does look to be resolving to the godaddy park servers now though .

SO frustrating though; I really liked the logo I'd picked out too.

That's the worse part...yes you'll get your money back but you're out the logo you wanted! If people were just honest, how hard is it to deliver what you promise once paid. Guess that's why scams are all over online and offline!

donot wait, proceed with some other company and have an chargeback

I am able to point to their site OK. According to their site, they have a "Marketing" location in Florida, but no phone number provided. Otherwise I'd have called them for you.

Good luck in getting your money or logo.

BTW, which logo did you pick?

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

I was going to suggest you PM them here but it seems their account is disabled.
    LogoMaid.com
    Account Disabled

Their site is down from here.

Originally posted by vito
    I am able to point to their site OK. According to their site, they have a "Marketing" location in Florida, but no phone number provided. Otherwise I'd have called them for you.

Good luck in getting your money or logo.

BTW, which logo did you pick?

Vito
    It was a circle with an arrow (similar to that of a computer mouse's) pointing towards the center, I believe. I had it bookmarked until I ordered it. Tough thing about Firefox is once you delete the bookmark it's gone (correct me if I'm wrong).

Slightly OT - does anyone know in what folder files/pages are stored in (for quicker viewing) when you're browsing?

You mean this one?

Vito
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails logomaid.bmp  
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Yes, vito, that is the exact one!

Hmm...just saw that all of their sites (designgalaxy, designload, and logomaid) seem to be pointing to the park servers and all of them give me the same connection refused message.

And the plot thickens

Ach. Too hard for me to do. I was hoping it would be a bit simpler, and I would just try to recreate it in Fireworks for you. But it seems to have a bit too much in gradients/layers, so it would be too much for me.

Vito

Well, thanks for the thought anyway

They're probably one of those teenager-owned, short little whims of businesses that shuts down or gets shut down after a few months because the owner can't afford the cost of the server.

In any event, proceed with your chargeback, as it seems pretty sure now that they aren't planning on responding to you. The fact that they're based in the Slovak Republic doesn't help things, either. A phone number is listed in the whois lookup; try calling +421 903478340 (from the U.S.).

It was a nice logo too, shame you couldn't get it.
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

Originally posted by arpmn
    If you need a logo for $50 more and zero aggravation these guys have done a great job on three logos for me: http://thelogocompany.net.
    Wow, they do some very nice stuff and none of it looks "cookie cutter."

Bookmarked for inspiration.

I agree, they do some great stuff, going to have to go back to that site when I'm ready for a logo
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

I don't think you were too harsh.

the site resolves just fine for me.

The server they're on belongs to "nozone inc" which is somehow affiliated with steadfast networks. You can read a little bit about that here: http://www.steadfastnetworks.com/corporate/ .

On that same ip, the following websites are hosted:

2REBRAND.COM - private registration
    2REBRAND.NET - private registration
    DDOSARMOR.COM - public registration
    DDOSARMOR.NET - public registration
    DESIGNGALAXY.NET - private registration
    DESIGNLOAD.COM - public registration
    DESIGNLOAD.NET - public registration
    LOGOMAID.COM - public registration
    LOGOMAID.NET - public registration
    PROCARTOONS.COM - private registration
    PROCARTOONS.NET - private registration
    PROCARTOONZ.COM - private registration
    PROCARTOONZ.NET - private registration
    TEMPLATEDEAL.NET - private registration

There may be more, but whois.webhosting.info is only showing those.

on this page: http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/unwelcome-d.html designgalaxy.net is listed.

This guy: http://xarg.net/blog/one-entry?entry_id=20136 was spammed by designgalaxy.net .

You should probably do a chargeback.

good luck.

Just an update:

I emailed LogoMaid one final time on Sunday (yeah, I know I said Saturday evening or else, but what can I say? I'm a softy ), and this time made sure to include another email as a reply-to address.

When I woke up this morning I FINALLY had an email in my inbox - the other one. They say they sent my information on the 24th. The fact that it took them nearly 24 hours from my very last email to reply has me a bit skeptical, to say the least.

However, the problem is resolved, I got my logo, and you can bet your sweet *** I won't ever buy from them or their partner sites again .

Good to hear you received your logo!

Very good to hear! Hope your project goes better!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast