Question PHPsuexec on a VPS with a few "clients"

I went from a reseller account a VPS recently and have PHPsuexec running now.

Most things seem to be running OK, but I just tried posting with WordPress and got some kind of error.

I just went through a few pages of searches on here and read some websites, so I "know" about the php.ini, some stuff about .htacess and CHMODing.

My question is, do I really need this for security on my VPS? I have a lot of reading and learning to do, but right now I'm only hosting sites of personal friends.

This might be a lot of assuming, but...

Assuming my friends aren't abusive and their accounts don't get comprimized, am I right in thinking I don't need to be running this (just yet)?

The other benifit I remember seeing was being able to know who is being a process hog.

I want to take security serious and want to learn, but do I need this right now?

Obviously where I came from wasn't running it.

Thanks for any replies.

Flint, Michigan
    It is a good thing to have, but it is not needed by any means. Many hosts run just fine without it. It is just another tool to find out who is doing what when it comes to PHP scripts. If you were hosting many sites for customers that came from the internet (not friends) then I would say keep it on there, but in this case it should be just fine to remove.
    Mike from
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at

That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure. I do see the benifit of it, but for the time being my being a web host is more of a hobby than a business.

I figure with good back ups and informing my friends on what to do to stay a little more secure, I should be set for the time being.