Forum Jump

Racism

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2005, 12:20 AM
Web Hosting Master

Racism

Have to vent.

My girlfiend just told me that her neighbor said to "Go die ****ing Jap".

Right now she's mad at the neighbor. The worst part is that no one can do anything about it.

I hate to see people judged solely on race.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2005, 12:25 AM
Web Hosting Master

I hate racism too especially with my older generation calling mexicans "*** *****" and black people "******s", it really ticks me off when they say these things. I feel sorry for your girlfriend and you should slug the guy in the face. My guess is your girlfriend encountered a mid 50s - 70s years old man where racist was booming in his time.

racism really pisses me off!

Last edited by Kerry Jones; 06-25-2005 at 12:31 AM.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:31 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Kerry Jones
I feel sorry for your girlfriend and you should slug the guy in the face.
It's a she.

My girlfriend's only a quarter Japanese by ancestry. I shouldn't get into the details, but she feels really bad now.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2005, 12:33 AM
Web Hosting Master

wow, I wouldn't of expected a woman would of said that to her.
well, its obvious the woman is a bitch and needs to be taught a lesson. Its unfornate the law doesn't walk in that way, but if I was a judge the would would be wearing a sign walking down the side of a highway carrying a sign that reads "i'm a racist".

see the thing with me is I could have a grudge against the japanese since one of my relatives was captured by them and put on a boat with the japanese flag raised and sunk by the americans, but it would be foolish because its in the past and some people like this woman can't help but live in the past where she probably felt like she was superior to others.

Old 06-25-2005, 12:34 AM
Community Guide

Well I hope you girlfriend retaliated and dropped some knowledge on the neighbor, otherwise, that person will just keep doing it. Most of the time people will be racist because they think that person won't do or say anything back. If it really bothers you, report it to the police as a threat.

Old 06-25-2005, 12:36 AM
Disabled

That could be interpreted as a threat, sue.

Old 06-25-2005, 12:42 AM
Web Hosting Master

Just remember (and tell your girlfriend to remember) that racism isn't based on hate or malice, but on ignorance.

Old 06-25-2005, 12:50 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeylove
That could be interpreted as a threat, sue.
True, Paul. But we'd lose.

Old 06-25-2005, 01:01 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by SniperDevil
Just remember that racism isn't based on hate or malice, but on ignorance.
True words of wisdom there my friend.
(And all the rest)

Old 06-25-2005, 01:18 AM
Web Hosting Master

That is blatant racism, a serious problem, and never welcome. I know some older people who are racist, and any time they say anything hinting on racism with me... I don't take it too well. I would punch that guy in the balls if he said that crap in-front of me to my girlfriend . I know that's not exactly what happened, I'd go "talk" to him.

I can't say I'm an angel myself, I know some people think I'm racist due to my views. The truth is, unless you are Gandhi or Christ, there is a bias towards some group of people. Look at all the people saying: Oh, well jee, Michael Jackson didn't have a "real" Jury of his peers because they were all white! The Michael Jackson case is an exception, but if a lawyer mentioned that to a judge, the judge would take that as 100% racism.

SniperDevil, I can't say I agree with the first part of your statement.

Old 06-25-2005, 01:28 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Lev
The truth is, unless you are Gandhi or Christ, there is a bias towards some group of people.
Was there not a bias against Christ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lev
SniperDevil, I can't say I agree with the first part of your statement.
Were there two parts to my statement?

With which "part" do you disagree?

Old 06-25-2005, 01:34 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Was there not a bias against Christ?
When did I mention that? I said Christ had no bias towards people.

Quote:
Were there two parts to my statement? With which "part" do you disagree?
Well, yes, the sentance before the comma, and after, two clauses . I disagree with "that racism isn't based on hate or malice." It's based on hate and sometimes ignorance.

Old 06-25-2005, 01:51 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Lev
When did I mention that? I said Christ had no bias towards people.
I guess I misunderstood you then. When you said, "the truth is, unless you are Gandhi or Christ, there is a bias towards some group of people", I interpreted that to mean that unless you are either of those people, there is a bias towards you, not unless you are either of those people, you're going to be biased against one group of people (I agree with the latter).

Quote:
Originally posted by Lev
Well, yes, the sentance before the comma, and after, two clauses . I disagree with "that racism isn't based on hate or malice." It's based on hate and sometimes ignorance.
There aren't two clauses in what I said. A clause is defined as follows:

Quote:
A group of words containing a subject and a predicate and forming part of a compound or complex sentence.
Therefore, I didn't know what you meant by "parts", but now that you've told me, I do.

I don't see how racism is based on hate, because every racist I've ever known or heard of knew nothing about the race against which he spoke so vehemently. I urge you to read To Kill a Mockingbird; while it doesn't address 21st century issues, it is a timeless classic that addresses the surface of profound racial tensions in a Southern town.

BTW, the last few words after the comma is a phrase.

Old 06-25-2005, 02:03 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
There aren't two clauses in what I said.

I don't see how racism is based on hate, because every racist I've ever known or heard of knew nothing about the race against which he spoke so vehemently. I urge you to read To Kill a Mockingbird; while it doesn't address 21st century issues, it is a timeless classic that addresses the surface of profound racial tensions in a Southern town.

BTW, the last few words after the comma is a phrase.
I stand corrected about the clause, been a long time since I learned that... way back in 3-5th grade Russian-English .

I have read To Kill A Mockingbird four times so far, I don't plan on re-reading it any time soon. First time, totally hated it, I was like seven at the time, and it seemed pointless (plus I lived in a country where there aren't a lot of races that really stand out). After I grew older, I understood it a lot better.

My older relatives can be quite racist at times, and display it, as I mentioned before. There is nothing they need to know to make their statements. They don't like the race, because they just don't... It's a lot like believing in stereotypes...

Old 06-25-2005, 02:21 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Lev
I stand corrected about the clause, been a long time since I learned that... way back in 3-5th grade Russian-English .
I don't fault you at all; considering, you're doing quite well.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lev
I have read To Kill A Mockingbird four times so far, I don't plan on re-reading it any time soon. First time, totally hated it, I was like seven at the time, and it seemed pointless (plus I lived in a country where there aren't a lot of races that really stand out). After I grew older, I understood it a lot better.
I had to reread several parts before I really caught what Harper Lee was trying to say. I think it's a great book with wonderful messages.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lev
My older relatives can be quite racist at times, and display it, as I mentioned before. There is nothing they need to know to make their statements. They don't like the race, because they just don't... It's a lot like believing in stereotypes...
You said before that you lived in a country in which there aren't a lot of races that stand out. If this is the case, how can your older relatives be familiar with these other races? And I don't mean simply knowing about them; I mean interacting with and really knowing them.

I quite honestly used to be afraid of black people when I would see them on the street. I thought each one of them was a criminal, and their appearances frightened me. This wasn't based on hate. I didn't hate them; I feared them, because I knew nothing about them but the stereotypes which had been passed along to me by the various mediums and perceptions which persuade us wrongly so often. When I really started to understand and be familiar with them, I realized that they were absolutely no different from white people, and that it is not their race that is inherently bad. Their higher criminal rate, on the whole, is simply due to the fact that more of them than white people live in lower-income housing and have more broken homes, for whatever reason. There is absolutely no inherent weakness about black people, and I have grown to respect and admire each one as an individual. Please don't tell me that I was a "bigoted cracker" at age seven, because I truly felt the way I described above, and it was simply due to a lack of knowledge -- ignorance -- about them.

If someone stuck Edgar Ray Killen in the home of a low-income African-American family, I'm positive that he would go as or more socially and morally astray as any of them.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted