Arrow Dedicated with a lot of IP addresses

Looking for suggestions on a dedicated host that actually provides what Im looking for.

Need at least 500GB of bandwidth a month.
    Need about 30GB of space or more.
    Linux.
    Plesk or cPanel.

Most importantly however I need as many IP addresses as I can get for a total of $100 a month or less. Looking for at least 16 IP addresses, and the ability to add a lot more for a decent price.

Any suggestions?

May I ask what you need the IP's for? Straight hosting? IRC? ...
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

... SEO, SPAM?

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

You'll have to have a good reason to get that many IPs.
    crucialparadigm - Affordable, Reliable, Professional :
    Web Hosting
    24/7 Support • Web Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Cloud/VPS Plans • Dedicated Servers •

I suggest BayColocation/JustDedicated, Inc. They have a support department like no other. They've fixed their mistakes, and even some of mine, too. For being unmanaged, that's very nice of them. Every time I contact their support department (which isn't that often, by the way ) I receive a prompt response, usually within a few minutes during their business hours. Their 24/7 Support is a bit slower, but still good nonetheless.

Their line of metered servers provides 1,200GB of bandwidth (100Mbps port) and an 80GB hard drive. IP allocations are free (I have nine on my dedi with BayColocation, and I'm promised up to 32 free. I only need nine, though ) and service is EXCELLENT. I know that they have been running some specials, but if you're not into specials, they have anything from 1.3Ghz Celeron up to 2.8Ghz P4, within your price range.
    http://www.baycolocation.net / http://www.justdedicated.com
    If you would like cPanel, you can go with their 1.3Ghz Celeron package and request cPanel/WHM ($30/month). They offer DirectAdmin free on all packages, which is an excellent and very stable control panel. It's easy to use, and easy on your clients as well.

I keep in contact with their staff and I know of some specials that they may still be running. You can contact me in private if you are interested, and I can hook you up.

Most hosts can provide as many IPs as you want, provided they are RIPE/ARIN justifiable.

For SEO reasons. I'm not going to get into details, but yes, I do have justified reasons for wanting each of my sites hosted on seperate IPs. Preferably from the same server.

Im considering LiquidWeb... They seem to have a spotless track record.

What is SEO?
    ••• Edrick Smith •••
    ••• C47 Hosting LLC | Media Centric High Demand Web Services •••

Originally posted by BluTechnolog
    What is SEO?
    Search Engine Optimization.

The $100 price tag with a control panel is probably going to be tough, but there are a few out there that will do it if you pay a setup fee.
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
    Located in Ashburn, VA, Los Angeles, CA, Chicago, IL, and Manchester, UK
    Since 2003 - 20+ Years! Dedicated Servers, Co-location, DDoS Filtering, Data Backup & More!

Depending on spec, look at sagonet, you can get inerworx contol panel for $20 there.

Most hosts should not have an problem giving the IPs, if you have justification for ARIN. ARIN is really cracking down on us hosts.
    Todd Broyles - Sales Manager
    Online Data Backup. Real-Time Offsite Backup & Restore. Fully Automatic. Secure Datacenter. RESELLERS WANTED!
    www.need2backup.com - sales@need2backup.com

Re: Dedicated with a lot of IP addresses

Originally posted by thingyamabob
    ... Looking for at least 16 IP addresses, and the ability to add a lot more for a decent price.
    I don't think 16 IP addresses is very many and I doubt it would raise any red flags. I use quite a few more than that on servers at various datacenters and have never been questioned about it. I just request the IPs and they are added. Some datacenters will charge a nominal setup and/or monthly fee (like $1 each) and others won't charge anything. Some will actually confirm that you are using most of your current allocation, most won't even check that.

As I understand it, most hosts only care if you are using the IP addresses for something (anything). That is, they don't want to assign more IPs to you if you are not already using most of your current allocation (usually 75% - 80%). I don't think ARIN or your host would try to force you to use shared IP addresses.

Why would it be a big deal to get 16 addresses for a server (or 50 for that matter, assuming you had that many sites)? Especially if you plan to actually use them all.

I think just about any major host would be able to provide what you are looking for (except RackSpace, which doesn't provide that much bandwidth). ThePlanet/ServerMatrix and LiquidWeb are a couple of good hosts that won't give you any hassle.

50 would be another matter al_bickers, as IP based hosting is very tightly regulated by ARIN (there has to be a REALLY good reason for oyu to need to have 1 IP / Domain).

Originally posted by BSD2
    50 would be another matter al_bickers, as IP based hosting is very tightly regulated by ARIN (there has to be a REALLY good reason for oyu to need to have 1 IP / Domain).
    Any good ideas on how to convince one's provider to provide more IPs? (As in, what's good reasoning to ARIN?)

Reason I ask is that... I personally take care to do everything above board -- I personally only contact my actual customers with occasional updates...

Several sites that I control the control panel, I don't mind being on a shared IP -- but when I have a client who wants to set up a mailing list, although I work with them to try and make sure they're not going to spam - I'm always afraid they'll try and do something stupid behind my back...

In such a case, I feel much better if they're on a dedicated IP so that only their IP gets on the blacklist while I beat them into a bloody pulp....

From the stuff on the ARIN site I've read about justification - it's not well defined, but it seems to indicate that as long as you stick a domain on there, that's justified...

Be interested to hear opinions tossed around on this issue... heh.

I was waiting for someone to post examples of a few situations in which a client would want more then 16 IP's on the same server, but unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen. So I'll butt in.

Would anyone like to give a few examples? SPAM doesn't count
    DBLHost.com
    US Based Shared Web Hosting • cPanel+Softaculous • Email Hosting • Domain Names
    https://www.dblhost.com

IRCd shell hosting, BNC, proxies, et cetera...
    "When a man begins to doubt himself, he does something incredibly stupid and thereby is reassured."
    ::http://www.dustytech.net/:: Personal Website

For SEO reasons. I'm not going to get into details, but yes, I do have justified reasons for wanting each of my sites hosted on seperate IPs. Preferably from the same server.

Im considering LiquidWeb... They seem to have a spotless track record.
    Shame that doesn't meet Arin Guidelines.

Originally posted by DLee
    I was waiting for someone to post examples of a few situations in which a client would want more then 16 IP's on the same server, but unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen. So I'll butt in.

Would anyone like to give a few examples? SPAM doesn't count
    SSL sites or custom IP's for reseller nameservers.

There are many reasons why a Hoster would want/need more than 16 IPs. Reseller Nameservers require two IPs, Hosting accounts wanting an SSL Cert or Browser FTP access are a few other reasons.

IP allocation is one of our qualifing questions with any potential DC. You are best to discuss it in-depth as each DC has their own Policies and Procedures in this area. Both FastServers.net and LiquidWeb.com met our needs in this area (providing as many as you need upon justification), but to my knowledge, neither offers $100 Servers.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

Originally posted by Beachcomber
    Shame that doesn't meet Arin Guidelines.
    ARIN does not require that you use name-based virtual hosting. It is encouraged/recommended, but not required at this time.

http://www.arin.net/policy/index.html#four25
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
    Located in Ashburn, VA, Los Angeles, CA, Chicago, IL, and Manchester, UK
    Since 2003 - 20+ Years! Dedicated Servers, Co-location, DDoS Filtering, Data Backup & More!

Ok. I picked LiquidWeb and I am signed up.

They said they have no problem with providing up to 16 IP's.

Ok. I picked LiquidWeb and I am signed up.

They said they have no problem with providing up to 16 IP's.
    Great choice. I think LiquidWeb is one of the best data centers. However, they do tend to follow the ARIN guidelines for IP assignments. Their servers come with up to 16 IPs, but they will ask you to justify your IP usage.