is this normal or do i do too much housework?

Okay,

Here is my list of housework:

wash dishes
    Hoover every 5 days
    Make lunch
    Put in the washing and drying (cloth)
    make the bed
    clean the toilet (weekly chore)

Sometimes i am even made to do the ironing :O

I dont want to seem like i am complaining but life seems abit too harsh i am doing all this work while the only thing my girld friend does is makes dinner and breakfast! Maybe if i push her to her limits she waters the plants too, that is IF she is in a good mood...

is this common for other guys? or is my girl friend far too lazy and demanding!

Hoover every 5 days
    Thats lazy, hoover every day

my girldfriend is one of those cleanoholics, yet the only thing she ever cleans in my damn pc! she honestly scrubs it so hard, before she has broken my keyboard, mouse, made marks on my beutiful 19 in lcd

well... as they say the keyboard probably has more bacteria on it than anything else you own

I help with the laundry, do the rugs every once in a while, clean the kitchen every third day (three people, rotated daily) and cook dinner every once in a while.

While I'm the one bringing in the money for the bills, my fiancee is the one that pretty much takes care of the household. Once she starts working again (soon, thank goodness), it'll fall back onto me to be the housekeeper. No problems with that.
    Douglas Hazard - Certifiable Sports Junkie and Sports Community Enthusiast

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)

Directory, I think it's normal. One of the main things my ex and I argued about was our different styles of "clean". I'm the type of person who likes to clean a little every day and keep things clean all the time, but she likes to just clean up every once in a while and generally live in a mess. I would do 90% of the housework, and I usually had to ask her to do anything at all, except for cooking. She liked to cook and would always prepare food for us. Besides this and the fact that she cheated on me in the end, we never had any other issues, which was nice.

Anyway, the best thing to do is to talk calmly about it with her and let her know how you feel. This usually changed things for us for a few days. Hopefully it works much longer for you. Make a list of chores you are both expectated to do. That could work. This is something we never did, I just never thought about it until after we broke up. I think it's best to try and split it up 50/50.

I'm a clean freak so I do a lot of cleaning around the house. I cook better than my wife (she's the first to admit it), so I do most of the cooking too. Hmm, I'm the money earner as well.

No complaints as long as I get some 'me time' at the end of the day.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

akashik,

As long as you're happy with that setup then it's all good, but what does she do all day if you are doing everything?

Light clean daily...such as decluttering, running dishwasher, dusting, etc. Laundry twice a week. Then we have a cleaning service come bi-weekly to clean the heck of the house. That has cut the cleaning arguments down between the wife and I.

Oh it's not that she does nothing. We have a 5 year old so she's pretty busy playing with her and teaching her this and that, and the cleaning isn't all me, all the time.

It works out pretty well and everyone stays happy.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

So that's what life is like for people who have girlfriends.
    Here's my housework schedule:
    Sep 1997: Brother and his wife come to visit from Taiwan. Shovel out some space for them.
    June 2005: Brother and his wife plan to visit next month from Taiwan. Wait for itinerary so I'll know when to start shoveling out some space for them.