Spam from iP01-webhost.net

It is an html email using tables so posting it here will just lead to oddities in reading it, but this is the biggest issue I have.

Q) Why am I receiving this offer ?
    Each month, iP01 will randomly select a very limited number of new domain name owners to receive our Industry Leading Premium Web Hosting Services absolutely Free for 6 months.

NOTE: iP01-webhost.net does not send or support unsolicited email, this email is sent to you because you have been exclusively selected and invited to receive iP01's services. If you do not wish to hear from us regarding this invitation, please click on the link : Never contact me again.

and it has a 1x1 pixel image that tracks if the message was to a real address.

Received: (qmail 20920 invoked from network); 24 Jun 2005 21:10:46 -0000
    Received: from unknown (69.63.158.49)
    by localhost with SMTP; 24 Jun 2005 21:10:46 -0000

This message is not unsolicited... you have been selected to receive it.

I got the same mail today and I consider it spam. The only reason I was "selected" was because I registered a new domain name recently. The spam arrived at the email address I use for registering domains. At least spam of this type doesn't happen too often for me.

Deb

Have you tried sending that in to them??

It could be Spam and It might not be spam...

Sending what into them, it clearly states that they are farming addresses from newly registered domains, much like another company that is well known here on WHT a-plus.

||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog