Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Paypal... Part 2

Ok what is it with these people? I sent 4 emails to them as well tried calling them 3 times now since I have lost posted about Paypal.

I called my bank and they said they are going to give them a call today as well.

what have they done to you?

Paypal never answers questions with any speed UNLESS it is in pure benefit of them, e.g. they emailed me about paypal.us, i sent them another email and they get back to me in 20 mins. Or after i complained about them to the fsa, they emailed me some crappy answer so they are not investigated by the fsa....

They play all kinds of tricks on you.

Paypal phone is a total mess, ones i was on the linke for about 1 hour, just to talk to some idiot so called "the manager" who didn't know anything, he was worse than the support staff...

if you want anything done with paypal, you need to email them, phoning gets you nowhere, even if you should till you lose your voice... they simply don't care, this type of methos is VERY rare in the uk and i am guessing its adopted from the usa? in uk the tesupport people are very pleasant... this way more than i can say for the paypal people ...

Its funny, before was asking this guy some info... (thats after they limited my account) i asked him about 30 questions, then you hear him on the line going "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" then on my final question he said he doesn't know and he will forward me to someone who will know, i was forwarded to the GERMANY support line!!!

Some staff ey...

I can not find my old thread for some reason... I wonder if a mod took it down? Also there email support is horrible also I been waiting weeks and weeks for them to reply and nothing.

I am tired of paypals crap.

Your best of using the helpdesk system (in help) after loggging in your paypal account...

emails may not reach them! and yes, their entire support, and business is Crap (my opinion ^^)

Originally posted by Directory
    Your best of using the helpdesk system (in help) after loggging in your paypal account...

emails may not reach them! and yes, their entire support, and business is Crap (my opinion ^^)

If they wont answer the phones or emails I really do not think they will answer the helpdesk . I am going to try it, but I do not expect anything from them at all now.

Originally posted by Torith
    If they wont answer the phones or emails I really do not think they will answer the helpdesk . I am going to try it, but I do not expect anything from them at all now.
    I, personally have had great... no, better than great experience dealing with PayPal. No, I do no email them. I call and or FAX.
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

Originally posted by TalkMilitary
    I, personally have had great... no, better than great experience dealing with PayPal. No, I do no email them. I call and or FAX.

I wish I could get just one response from them that is all I ask! You use 402-935-2050 phone number???? It has been 23+ days now since I could use paypal.

Contacting and getting a reply from PayPal is like trying to find the eBay phone number, it just isnt possible ;p.

Originally posted by BSD2
    Contacting and getting a reply from PayPal is like trying to find the eBay phone number, it just isnt possible ;p.
    Seems you don't know what you're talking about there - I rung them the other day - they answered in approx 6 minutes of me phoning.

That's typical of the response time for me...

try calling between 1 - 6 pm and you will see how bad it is

The resolution center is busy beyong belife due to the HUGE fraud rates and frustrated members

Well, first of all, if you call them during peak business hours and have to wait forever on hold, what do you expect? You're calling during peak hours!!

Torith, don't call them on your nickel. Use their toll free line 888-221-1161. Once you get past the incredibly annoying voice prompts and get an actual person, you should get results. I always have.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Originally posted by Directory
    try calling between 1 - 6 pm and you will see how bad it is

The resolution center is busy beyong belife due to the HUGE fraud rates and frustrated members
    I just did that the other day. Got GREAT help. Even I was surprised, but they solved the issue and were VERY helpful.

If you tak in to account how many people they have as customers, VS those that have issues, I think the averages would show they have a good record.

Not sure about Torith, but reading some of "Directories" posts, I am not at all surprised he is having issues dealing with a business.
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

Well my bank tried as well today calling with no luck. Maybe I will try calling early in the morning (30 minutes to a hour before they open).

Also thanks for the 1800 number I will see if I can get a hold of someone!
    Last edited by Torith; 06-25-2005 at 12:17 AM.

Originally posted by Torith
    Well my bank tried as well today calling with no luck. Maybe I will try calling early in the morning (30 minutes to a hour before they open).

Also thanks for the 1800 number I will see if I can get a hold of someone!
    of course ur bank had no luck - if they are anything like my bank they will only try for 5 secounds anything to save time.

I dont see why you are having problems I called paypal (uk number) the other day and got through within about 1 min with no problems.

I think what it is your trying to phone in their busy hours.

Calling paypal works fine. I've called them multiple times at various hours of the day, and always get a response from them. Yes, sometimes you actually have to *gasp* WAIT on hold for them to come to the phone, but this should be expected with a larger company.

As far as their helpdesk, I wouldn't rely on that at all, they're way too slow to get a response in there. I've seen 'em take up to 2 weeks for an initial response, which is just absolutely stupid.

It's amazing that companies like this violate the common internet practices, like providing RESPONDABLE email addresses for things, but what can you do? They're god, you're just some dumb loser, and they're not going to change their ways (at least that's how they think).
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

well a soon new service is coming Gpay.

Google's new payment system.

Bye Bye Paypal

I know I won't be using that.

I have had some good luck with paypal.

Maybe try Gpay when it comes out :p

Originally posted by KI-ChrisE
    Seems you don't know what you're talking about there - I rung them the other day - they answered in approx 6 minutes of me phoning.

That's typical of the response time for me...
    Englighten me, show me where on eBay.co.uk there is thier contact number exactly? I'd spent a loong time looking for it once, and couldnt see it.

I was replying to you about PayPal... you said it wasn't possible to contact and/or get a reply from PayPal. I said it was - quickly too.

Not always, PayPal can take an eternity to reply, or they can do it within minutes, varies alot.

Well from my experience in the UK, they've always responded quickly.

Maybe next time I have to e-mail them I'll say as subject:

If you dont reply within <x hours> I will post how poor your service is on wHT and go use GPay ;p

But anyway PayPal is the best system in many cases

Who says it is? I've found many issues with the PayPal system, same as I have with others... I didn't say theirs was the best - just saying their support, for me, was good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast