It's that time again, a request for everyone dealing with common courtesy!

I posted this WAY back on June 24th, 2003. As today is ALSO June 24th, it's time for me to do a little griping/venting. This was just as applicable back then as it is now, so please read on...

I may be going out on a major limb here, however, I will post this.

This has kind of been bugging me for a few weeks, even moreso this last week.... everyone, please read and at least take it under advisement.

There are quite a few of us looking for help or to hire projects, there's even MORE of us that are here to meet those needs. Those of us that are applying for your requests are doing so because we want to. We're taking the time to contact you.

With a slightly more than a few exceptions, I've received a return contact from people letting me know that a job's been filled. I humbly thank them their courtesy in contacting us and letting us know...

For the rest of you that don't respond back to all applicants via email, IMs, PM's or via directly posting on the affected thread, here's my complaint: We're taking time out of our chaotic schedules to make sure that we're covering your needs. We're trying to do our part to fulfil an area that you're weak in. Whether you hire someone or not, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE either post on the thread you started or contact all other applicants via the methods they've contacted you at to say "Sorry, have hired someone else." or "Thank you, but I'm not interested.".

This extra step will really benefit you in the long run and makes you look better and boosts your status as a poster here.

All it takes is a few minutes, in most cases, much less time than what it took you to read this long post.

Thanks, gang.
    Doug Hazard - "retired" Web Hosting Master
    * Full Stack (Web/WP) Dev for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond (160+ sites)
    * Sports Photographer, Media Personality and CFB Historian
    * Tech Admin for several Sports Networks/Sites

Agreed! I know that's a thing that bugs me as well. Please do let us know the results of search. At least that would show respect for those trying to help you guys.

I couldn't agree more, people should always reply with the status, even if you get rejected. Simply say, you aren't qualified enough or something of that matter. Perhaps you should pin this?

Couldn't have said it better great post.

Thanks Doug, I was thinking this myself recently.

Perfect

Perfect thoughts that probably mirror a lot of peoples

Well said
    BM

Well Said! I couldn't have put it better myself.
    Paul Embry
    Knight Software and Web Design
    Paul.Embry@gmail.com
    Quality PHP Web Programming for Reasonable Prices